It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Funny thing is that you think this is a victory, regardless that it violates the wishes of the Scots, the Londoners and the Norther-Irish (and roughly those of half of the rest of the population). Also: if the EU decides - democratically - that you should adhere to EU rules and laws, you are offended and yap about "violating democratic principles". If on the other hand the UK blatantly violates the democratic rights of Londoners, Scots and Northern-Irish, you're fine with that and congratulate the UK Government with their victory.

It's a bloody shame, what happened today.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yep...and they took back their country without a shot being fired. Let's hope Americans are learning a lesson from this! November 8th quickly approaches..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Funny thing is that you think this is a victory, regardless that it violates the wishes of the Scots, the Londoners and the Norther-Irish (and roughly those of half of the rest of the population). Also: if the EU decides - democratically - that you should adhere to EU rules and laws, you are offended and yap about "violating democratic principles". If on the other hand the UK blatantly violates the democratic rights of Londoners, Scots and Northern-Irish, you're fine with that and congratulate the UK Government with their victory.

It's a bloody shame, what happened today.

And if the vote had ended the other way, would it have violated the wishes of the majority of the UK who wanted to leave?

I certainly wouldnt have argued so.

Meanwhile, what happens in the US presidential elections - if a State votes for Trump and Hillary wins, have their rights been violated?

Of course not.

Its just democracy and sour grapes in action.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Did you see them

Except that yesterday, that French company would have made more from selling that nut and bolt for 5p than they would today. £ to € rate is steadily dropping all day, which means that your £ is now worth 8% less than it was yesterday.

So actually that French company really wants to sell the same nut and bolt to the UK for 5.07p to make the same profit.

Now take that example and apply it to foreign direct investment, such as the French power company FDF which is currently engaged in a negotiation to fund the building of new Nuclear power plants in the UK, to the tune of billions. They now suddenly stand to make less on the deal than they did yesterday. If this continues, and most analysts are predicting that it will, foreign direct investment in the UK will become less profitable and less likely.

So well done UK, you've managed to create a risk that British jobs will suffer.

Also, while you're at it, check the value of your pension today. You've probably lost about 8% overnight and the longer the uncertainty continues the more you loose.

The Out side have been speaking today about how there is plenty of time to sort things out, while the EU leaders have come out and said that the process needs to start immediately. Meanwhile, you need to appoint a new Prime Minister, probably an new leader of the opposition, possibly a new referendum in Scotland and Northern Ireland. All the time while you are sitting across the table from some pretty pissed off European leaders who are not likely to be in a mood to cut a deal.

Bravo. Well done.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Big news Britain, Keep calm and carry on.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg
Not how democracy works.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: redshoes
Yet the demand for trade will increase if the pound decreases in value. In the long term it is more beneficial in terms of exports.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
When they put the EU together they didn't tell the people they were going to "backdoor" everyone into a state of 3rd world existence but through immigration that is exactly what they are doing.

Who wants to live in the 3rd world? If that is the price of progress I say no thanks to that warped vision. We don't need millions of uncivilized peoples in our lands sucking up untold resources.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes
a reply to: Did you see them

Except that yesterday, that French company would have made more from selling that nut and bolt for 5p than they would today. £ to € rate is steadily dropping all day, which means that your £ is now worth 8% less than it was yesterday.

So actually that French company really wants to sell the same nut and bolt to the UK for 5.07p to make the same profit.

Now take that example and apply it to foreign direct investment, such as the French power company FDF which is currently engaged in a negotiation to fund the building of new Nuclear power plants in the UK, to the tune of billions. They now suddenly stand to make less on the deal than they did yesterday. If this continues, and most analysts are predicting that it will, foreign direct investment in the UK will become less profitable and less likely.

So well done UK, you've managed to create a risk that British jobs will suffer.

Also, while you're at it, check the value of your pension today. You've probably lost about 8% overnight and the longer the uncertainty continues the more you loose.

The Out side have been speaking today about how there is plenty of time to sort things out, while the EU leaders have come out and said that the process needs to start immediately. Meanwhile, you need to appoint a new Prime Minister, probably an new leader of the opposition, possibly a new referendum in Scotland and Northern Ireland. All the time while you are sitting across the table from some pretty pissed off European leaders who are not likely to be in a mood to cut a deal.

Bravo. Well done.

Are you an economist ?

Check your math dumbass and I didn't read after that mistake

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yep...and they took back their country without a shot being fired. Let's hope Americans are learning a lesson from this! November 8th quickly approaches..

Really...?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: DanteGaland

Shut up. They can control people until they can't. Uprisings have happened throughout history. Nationalism does prevail.

Why try to convince the masses that they are powerless? Do you have your own agenda or what?

EVERYTHING that has happened ...

Has happened according to someone's plan. Nothing is left to chance. The illusion of choice is STRONG and used to great effect...

These "people" people employ a vast arsenal of NLP, propaganda, subliminal, and pervasive cultural memes.

We like to THINK we have free will...but we do not, if you stop and zoom OUT and look at the historical perspective...patterns emerge.

ME? I'm just along for the ride...I'm just an observer, watching the hilarity [and sadness] of the human rat race.

Let's be honest, if the vote was to stay in you would have said "it was planned!" Since its out, your response is "it was plAnned!"

If anything this result PROVES it wasn't planned. The elite wanted to stay in the government the media, the all wanted to stay in. This is a huge win for the British people, don't take it away from them.

Congrats United Kingdom!

I still don't believe the masses are actually in control of anything, it's all about the illusion of choice and you see it every election everywhere in the world with whom the people are supposedly choosing for office.

I must say i'm really surprised with the results, either they had a problem with manipulating the results or I don't know.. it feels weird and exciting all together, but i'll be waiting for what's to come next to confirm Brits are out of the EU.

The elites in the UK would hardly want to give up their MEP jobs in Brussels and get to hob nob with other world leaders. They wouldn't have allowed the referendum unless they were confident of the vote being in their favor.

All the university cities were in favor of remaining in the EU. Other areas were neutral. But the East Coast fishing communities and port towns where all the immigrants arrive, felt differently. People in their forties who have survived several redundancies and found jobs as taxi drivers suddenly find their earnings reduced by 40%. Then there is competition for school places and hospital beds just as EU regeneration grants dried up.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Oh so, the people between 18 to 24 voted to remain, ok, it's their future, ok, the people mostly above from 50 to 60 something decided to leave, ok, they were the ones that actually witnessed how the EU did to the UK in the first place! Also, thats why it is a democracy every vote counts the same, independent of age...

Those in their fifties remember the EU milk and butter mountains, the decommissioning of fishing boats, farmers going out of business while we import 40% of food. Then there are zero hours contracts, right-to-fire, EU bureaucracy, millions of immigrants arriving. When the UK was about to be approved for membership, countries like Spain and Italy jammed in new EU rulings that all fishing grounds should be shared.
What happened now is almost karma.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think this is a fantastic opportunity. I am scottish and I voted out. I believe that we need more say over how decisions are made and do not believe in the future of a consolidated European landmass.

I also do not believe that Independence for Scotland is the answer to the EU problem. Being ruled by westminster and being ruled by brussels is exactly the same. And the economic argument is not sound.

Almost 62-5% of Scotland's trade is to the rest of the UK (>GBP45bn).

Of the 35-8% balance which takes place internationally, the top 5 markets in order of size are U.S.A (not in EU)., the Netherlands, France, Germany and Norway (not in EU).

If you look at the top 20 INTERNATIONAL trading partners of Scotland, only 17-18% is with EU countries.

That means c.80% of Scotland's trade is not with the EU. Therefore, the economic argument is null and void for me.

The argument to stay seems to be around the potential for the erosion of workers' rights. Are we saying that we need the EU to 'police' the UK government? That's what our vote is for - we vote the government out.

Now, the one thing I do agree with is the potential need for better representation and more responsive local government within the UK.

I think we should look to establish a less Westminster-centric government and have devolved powers for key regions/countries.

This is a gigantic opportunity for all countries in the UK to get what is due to them. This is an opportunity to fundamentally reform the electoral system in this United Kingdom. This is an opportunity to get rid of the House of Lords and devolve increased power to the Regions/Countries of the Kingdom.

This could be a fantastically progressive move and if we grasp it and work together - we can make it work.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Behave, one random nutcase, we voted out, get over it.
Now if you whinge bag Scots nat's wanna do one from the UK then that's fine by me...you shat it at the last vote though lol

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This is a temporary reaction by the elite who want you to believe what you said. I'm going to jump in and buy in a few more days, just like they are doing behind the scenes. It's an opportunity to make money, create fear -> market crashes -> buy low -> a year later it's a ton of profit.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: selfharmonise

Excellent reasoned post, I wish more of your country folk felt the same

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Behave, one random nutcase, we voted out, get over it.
Now if you whinge bag Scots nat's wanna do one from the UK then that's fine by me...you shat it at the last vote though lol

So you've repeated three times already today. What's the matter.? Have you developed a stutter since your great victory against....well, no-one other than yourself really..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So we get Orlando just before the vote.

Then the Brits vote to take back control over their borders.

Hmm....

Some last minute motivational planning. Surely, the exit vote came from the parts of UK with most immigrants.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Christ I woke up in a sweat this morning when I heard that Sterling had collapsed and we were out of Europe.

Then I remembered we don't play Iceland until Monday

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Yet the demand for trade will increase if the pound decreases in value. In the long term it is more beneficial in terms of exports.
Ok that's true, but most parts needed by UK manufacturers come from guess where? The continental EU. We are going to be in big trouble if the pound keeps going down, sure we can can sell it cheap but if you buy the parts from the EU then things are going to cost more to make in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join