It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Soros sold a large chunk of his stocks and invested heavily in gold, gold mining, etc., earlier this year.

The Motely Fool

I'm sure he's sitting pretty right now.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

They are further from being a union than ever before... people don't realize what is going to happen because of this. It's just going to be England and Wales on their own struggling to make ends meet. Security will weaken as lack of information etc isn't going to be there from the EU, unemployment will rise, the British government already dismantled the manufacturing. It's not gonna be fun over there for the next few years.

I don't know about that. Even before, they weren't nearly as fully integrated with the EU as most other nations, so while there will be a period of adjustment, and affect on world markets, I doubt it will be more than a few months.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm devastated. I honestly feel that having free flowing immigration was the best way to move the UK and the world as a whole forward. The sooner the world mixes itself into one globalised colour, the sooner different worlds are forced to meet each other, learn about one another the better... Seems to me like delaying the inevitable. I'm also only 22 and I know most people my age wanted to remain. Seems like that is no longer part of our future despite what we may want.

I do however respect the views of those who wanted out. This is a democracry after all and you can please some of the people some of the time...

My only remaining concern is quite a few far right wing views seem to have arisen and I hope that 'stop them entering' doesn't result in 'send them back'.

I would also like to know what happens to the Polish friends I have who have came here originally as a EU citizen and worked tirelessly setting standards of hard graft that I have not seen in anyone of any other nationality. In my opinion the ones who do, and always have, worked should be given immediate citizenship.

Have no idea what happens now. Our small islands nation is in the midst of the unknown. I think in the short term we will suffer. A lot. But hopefully we can grit our teeth, see it out with some churchilian spirirt and slowly relearn how to stand on our own two feet.

To be honest I'd feel much better if our European brothers also decide to abandon the project so we at least know we will not be made an example off.

What's done is done I guess. Rule Britannia

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

To paraphrase Einstein, "I don't think TPTB play dice."

If such powers exist, would they allow a vote unless they could get/cheat the result they wanted. 'Good' politicians don't ask a question unless they already know the answer.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ClandestineKid

Cameron made a huge miscalculation. I don't think the "remain" leaders realized how discontented ordinary people were with what was happening to the country, particularly on the immigration side. The globalists have been pushing their agenda too hard. It might be the way of the future, but I think people want a different way into the future.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: MrSpad
This votes to be more symbolic than anything. The UK still needs its trade with the EU and so all the regulations, freedom of movement ect. will still be the same. It seems to put the UK at disadvantage in trade and likely will cost them Scotland. I hope things do not go nearly as bad as all the experts predict. It just sort of feels like you watched a friend shoot themselves in the foot.

Only When the USA agrees to join a union with the likes of mexico, columbia and Venezuela that hands over its sovereignty by setting up a body that surpasses your supreme court, denys you the ability to form your own trade deals and gives equal work, welfare and settlement rights to non usa citizens in that union you will have point......

The US is the size of the EU, in a modern world it does not yer need a group like the EU to get by. The UK is not in that position. So what is really going to change? You need your sweet trade deals with the EU and as states like Norway know that trade comes with taking all the EU regs including open movement of peoples. In the end the UK will be smaller, slightly poorer, still beholden to the EU and its rules but, able to claim it is not in the EU. Of course the UK could not go for those sweet trade deals and end up in total economic collapse. This is like Texas trying to leave the US. As part of the US it is a booming economy, alone it would Mexico Jr. It is going to be hard times in the UK.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ClandestineKid

Should never have let the public have a vote on such an important decision. Now we have an economy that is in turmoil, a prime minister that has said he's going, a currency all over the place and decided to leave our main trading partners who are our next door neighbours. Those neighbours will always be our next door neighbours, Europe isn't going to go anywhere, it is always going to geographically be our next door...................... and 52% (idiots) of our population have decided to ring fence us out of that continent. Stupid dumbest decision in my lifetime

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wish the best for Britain. I hope something really good comes out of this vote to leave the EU and all countries following suit.

I'm sure everyone will be watching very closely to what develops.

Today will be an extension of a wild day in the markets as everything shakes loose and people and institutions re-position themselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
the bankers had a field day,I hung with them pretty much. GBP/JPY made some moves that would set most on their azz.....I was only scared three or four times....he...he 3,000 pips moves in an hour.....a reply to: slider1982

edit on 24-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
A quick sampling of Chinese opinion on line shows a welcoming of the Brexit victory and a desire for bilateral trade agreements between China and Britain.

I think in places like China and Russia, this is seen as the beginning of the end of American hegemony. They are happy about this and will probably do the sort of deals with Britain that will encourage others to get out from under American dominance. I'm not sure that is a good thing in the long run but we will likely witness new kinds of relationships out of this political earthquake.
edit on 24-6-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClandestineKid
I'm devastated. I honestly feel that having free flowing immigration was the best way to move the UK and the world as a whole forward. The sooner the world mixes itself into one globalised colour, the sooner different worlds are forced to meet each other, learn about one another the better... Seems to me like delaying the inevitable.

Come on dude, you opened that post like a brainwashed Millennial.

I'm also only 22

Ah, there you go.

and I know most people my age wanted to remain.

Exactly.

Moreover, the UK and EU have not negotiated ANYTHING yet. Which means the UK will most probably end up like Norway. And yes, that includes free movement of people within the EEA, which UK will become part of.

Nigel Farage has already gone back on his "ideas" to fund the NHS with the money they saved from being EU members. And this will probably apply to free movement of people.

Good for the UK fishing industry though.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology

Good for the UK fishing industry though.

About time they caught a break.... .... ....

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
One of the Americas sleigh dogs has broke free , lol

I voted out due to migrants taking the piss and even the hard working migrants agree .
If I was leader I would check the migrants work history while here and kick out anybody who hasn't got over 90% record of employment

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yeah. I am glad to see that the NWO is falling apart. Maybe it is just a False flag though, maybe they want us to believe it is happening and nothing will change.
lol 😁 the nwo isn't fallin apart. They just have to many senior members that want britain aa it landmark. Once the rest of world puts together region of power uk wil b the haven of the controllers, as is switzerland. And nope not usa atall. Usa was the new world order. Controlled by men in England and societys globabluy. The un is our army. And come on dya think the public wil enjoy watching harriett peadopbile protector harmann chattin on. Uk all the way

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli
would you kick out all the british born benefit scroungers too? those who live off the dole as it pays more than getting a job?
no?
didn't think so.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR
a reply to: Denoli
would you kick out all the british born benefit scroungers too? those who live off the dole as it pays more than getting a job?
no?
didn't think so.

No just people who haven't worked here and ain't a British national . Didn't you read it right ?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am a little confused... Everyone keeps predicting Economic Armageddon..as if europe will stop all trade with the UK...

That makes about as much sense as getting a vasectomy because your neighbor has to many kids...

the UK economy isnt insignificant... the negotiations havent even started, will there be a rough patch sure... change is always hard. But the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse are not riding across the UK right now...

So where is all this economic doom and gloom coming from, what possible justification is there?

We had a significant change in the global structure... so of course the markets are going to flip out for a few days, I expect the vast majority of the current losses to be made back in the coming weeks to months at the worst.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Irishhaf because: my spelling sucks

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Congratulations, UK; for the first time in a long time you made a good decision.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I stayed up and watched this develop overnight. It was exciting.

Here is what will happen.

Boris will be our new overlord, Trump will be POTUS. Together the UK and US will rule the world with imperialist glorious dodgy haircuts. Trump will get his golf course, Scotland will leave the UK, Scotland will join the EU.

Trump will be the first POTUS to be an EU resident.

The UK will probably let not Mexicans in.

It has been illuminating to see people today blathering on about economics they don't understand. Tempting as it is to ask how many people have open positions in financial markets ATM, I have resisted.

51 percent of people have been lied to manipulated by the media and government over immigration and migration. 49 percent have been lied and manipulated by their government and media over economics they don't understand.

100 percent of us are now in it together, so we got that going for us.

What I am curious about though is when we start executing the politicians....Oh wait.
edit on 24 6 16 by auraofblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I actually feel for Britain. The people their should be able to choose their own destiny. The country shouldn't have decisions made for it by those who don't have the islands best interests at heart. The EU was doomed from the beginning anyways.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join