It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:14 AM
Scots are gonna leave Britain and join the EU.. Ireland might too. Yup, Britain is 'whole' again, more like going back to the time of Alfred.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:16 AM
Anybody for dominos?

The Danish People's Party (DPP) and the Red-Green Alliance (RGA) have renewed the demand for a vote on the Scandinavian nation’s membership of the Euro-bloc after the Leave camp’s success.

Leader of DPP, Kristian Thulesen Dahl, said Brussels had made its bed by underestimating the looming scepticism in Europe and now the Danish people must be given a chance to follow Britain out of the EU.

The right-wing politician said: “This shows that once against the EU completely underestimates people’s scepticism. The EU has made its bed.

“I also believe Danes should of course have a referendum on whether we want to follow Britain or stay in the EU.”

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:17 AM
a reply to: ipsedixit

Amen to that!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:18 AM
Just got in from work and checked the vote : Congratulations to the people of Britain!

May you be the first step on the road to freedom and a brighter future for us all.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Maverick1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:18 AM
a reply to: Substracto

At this rate the British will be able to form their own union.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:19 AM
Note going to read whole thread to see if I am repeating someone else.

Rush Limbaugh researched what PM Margaret Thatcher comments about the first proosals of EU.
She said all the same lessens you Brits have learned the hard way.

Rush is very happy you all made this decision too.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:20 AM
a reply to: strongfp

England and Wales suits me. perhaps a name change wangland---wengland--engles--waland?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:21 AM
I think about 28% didn't vote.

I think it's the result most people wanted. A lot has happened over the last 20 years or so that went from bad to worse.

I think a vote for Freedom from Religion also played a part. Now we will be able to see who is coming ashore instead of allowing anyone in.

Cost of living should come down too. I've already read House prices will come down. Good news for most.
edit on CDTFri, 24 Jun 2016 08:22:05 -05000000003008x105x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:23 AM
Will Britain actually leave the EU?

Guess that is the real question.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:25 AM

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I dont think David Cameron will quit.

If he does it will only increase the instability in the markets and cause more problems.

He has quit.

Staying in office for a few more months until someone else takes over or a General Election is called early.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
I was going to try to do a combination of the Danish, Dutch and British (without St. Andrew's cross) flags for the new British "Union" Jack, but then I thought, isn't the real British flag and hasn't the real British flag ALWAYS been this:

The Jolly Roger!
edit on 24-6-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:38 AM
Congratulations my cousins across the pond!! I'll be flying the old Union Jack for the next few weeks for you here in the states.

Please just don't let the extremists with armbands use this to take over. Would hate to see Britain turn into V for Vendetta or Children of Men.
edit on Friday0000002016-06-24T08:39:07-05:00America/Chicago630America/Chicago6398 by lucentenigma because: Typo

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:43 AM

originally posted by: LadyTrick
I think this news is devastating!

Farage has already back tracked on his statements about using money for the NHS.

Maybe exiting the EU will work down the line but I don't think Boris and Farage are really the leaders I can trust to take us there.

Farage & Boris are not in control. I don't see why people keep mentioning them. Nothing is down on paper! We may have a General Election early but who's to say which party will win?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:44 AM
They are further from being a union than ever before... people don't realize what is going to happen because of this. It's just going to be England and Wales on their own struggling to make ends meet.
Security will weaken as lack of information etc isn't going to be there from the EU, unemployment will rise, the British government already dismantled the manufacturing. It's not gonna be fun over there for the next few years.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:44 AM
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I Think that if the EU want someone to blame for the UK edging the vote to leave it's Angela Merkel. When she welcomed Everyone into Germany - which means 'into Europe' - she made it an easier choice the Brits to make.

The media narrative seems bemused by the result and have cited research showing that the less educated were more likely to vote to Leave. The inference is that they're a dumb mob who didn't know any better. Truth is that it's the highly educated that run the media etc that are exposing their shortcomings.

The less educated voted Leave because it is they who directly feel the burden of sudden mass immigration - it's their lower paid jobs that are taken; it's their affordable housing that's now in ever shortening supply because of the influx needing homes.

The higher educated - the graduates etc. don't feel the effects and throughout tried to label those feeling the strain, the poor and working classes as racist. Well that condescending narrative has come back to bite them.

They still don't seem to understand that and perhaps never will.
edit on 24-6-2016 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:50 AM

originally posted by: liveandlearn
My son just called and said gold is up 99.80 USD.

Good for the UK...hoping there is follow through

Gold is up half of that. Its fluctuating around +55 usd. At 1316 usd a troy ounce. Expecting to see it rubberband back down after buy/sell craze settles down from brexit.

If it takes that long for our overlords to stabalize their most of precious investments.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:52 AM
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm happy to hear this. I also hope George Soros chokes on his (whatever that soulless human being drinks) beverage when he gets the news

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:59 AM

Actually as a conspiracy website that is a really interesting take on this how does it affect the notion of the New World Order and the drive for a one world government?

I'm thinking the powers that be either a) don't control it as much as we all assumed, or b) are just continually playing us for fools. Really, it's hard to see how b) can be the case in this one...

It's kind of like the rise of Trump, and Bernie. Both (we assume) are non-NWO candidates who rose above TPTB (The Powers That Be) pick for each party's candidate. Only in the DNC's case, they had other fail-safes (super delegates and rigged caucuses) to ensure their pick ended up with the nomination. This too seems to indicate that we haven't COMPLETELY lost power....though we'll see come November. The fact that the NWO's pick is still skirting punishment for her clearly illegal acts, is just one indication that while not all powerful as we thought, still definitely pulling a lot of the puppet strings.

It ain't over yet, though the fat lady is already in costume and warming up her singing voice......

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:00 AM
Congratulations Great Britain. You have struck a blow to Globalists and the moneyed Elite. I can see how it might be a bit intimidating but it's very brave too. I know us Americans may, on occasion, crack jokes about the British but this vote took balls of steel.

My only concern for you guys is really the time-frame of the two year process to actually uncouple from the EU. If you think the fear-mongering and extortion tactics were bad pre-vote, you ain't seen nothing yet. The PTB will try to capitalize on the buyer's remorse and uncertainty. They will be throwing so much FUD and info bombs at the Brits, it will be chaos.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:00 AM
From Die Zeit:

EU-Austritt: Nexit, Frexit, Tschexit, Italexit

Speculation on the possibility of Netherlands, France, Czechoslovakia, and Italy following suit. This kind of thing reinforces the idea that the EU is a very shaky organization. House of cards?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>