It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are Now More Bureaucrats With Guns Than U.S. Marines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

TextReport: Non-military federal agencies spend $1.48 billion on guns and ammo since 2006

freebeacon.com... The IRS spent nearly $11 million on guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment for its 2,316 special agents. The tax collecting agency has billed taxpayers for pump-action and semi-automatic shotguns, semi-automatic Smith & Wesson M&P15s, and Heckler & Koch H&K 416 rifles, which can be loaded with 30-round magazines.

The EPA spent $3.1 million on guns, ammo, and equipment, including drones, night vision, “camouflage and other deceptive equipment,” and body armor.
When asked about the spending, and EPA spokesman said the report “cherry picks information and falsely misrepresents the work of two administrations whose job is to protect public health.”

So the EPA doesn't have to answer a simple question cause it "protects public health", they forgot to add so shut up stupid.

I really question why these departments can't use, oh lets say the local police, FBI, sheriff, or the US marshals? This seems odd, redundant and a tad bit of an over reach.

TextOther administration agencies that have purchased guns and ammo include the Small Business Administration, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Department of Education, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology.

Is there a good reason for these "vanilla" agencies arming up? What do you think?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
To be fair, if I was a field agent for the IRS, I would want a gun too.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

edit on 23-6-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So the government and their agents are armed to the teeth yet we should be disarmed?

I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

Oh, also this:

In preparation of a complete collapse, Venezuela banned civilian ownership of firearms.

edit on 23-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
To be fair, if I was a field agent for the IRS, I would want a gun too.

Agreed, I guess I have a few questions about the semi-automatic Smith & Wesson M&P15s, and Heckler & Koch H&K 416 rifles, which can be loaded with 30-round magazines.
If they have the king of a large company that didn't pay his taxes since 2005 and he is held up in his office sweet in down town NY, there are other agencies that can help storm the office building.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yes, but does that include all of the marines that have personal weapons?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Is there a good reason for these "vanilla" agencies arming up? What do you think?....the same reason I am arming up...the # is about to get real.
Take their lead...arm up...bunker down and kiss your ass good bye...the empire is folding.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The two that really catch my eye are the NOAA and the NIST.

Why would they need to be armed by the government? Scientists carrying for personal reasons is one thing, but for the taxpayers to supply their arsenal is quite another.

Maybe they needed to spend up their budget somehow, but that just doesn't seem to make sense. They are not military organizations, and I can't imagine meteorologists conducting armed raids.

Strange times we live in, and getting weirder by the day.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant Maybe I`m just overly suspicious,But has anyone else suspected a lot of those guns and ammo is being funneled to inner city gangs to increase violence as a excuse for more gun control?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Is that just a feeling or do you have anything solid?

It is odd that NOAA is arming up, what where when and how do they need heat? What would their reason be?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A feeling,fast and furious was a similar plot.All that ammo and guns would sure fuel gang warfare and it seems to be increasing all the time.Sure don`t see a need for the EPA to be armed to the teeth

new topics

top topics

join