It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU Opposes Latest Effort To Bar Those On Terrorism Watch Lists From Buying Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: M5xaz

That's not true at all. They are Constitutionalists. Many Constitutionalists interpret the 2nd as collective vs individual however SCOTUS did not, so law reflects individual... ACLU respects that and conducts themselves accordingly.

ACLU Constitutionalists ?

False.

This is a perfect example where the ACLU changed their position on guns full 180.

The ACLU is not even consistent.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

So I worked a double shift and replied to the wrong post. F%$^ing shoot me.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
As a lock and load liberal, I appreciate the ACLU scrutinizing these lists. I think one provision.needs to be a civilian review board similar in some ways to what we are adding in police departments. A list that can remove so many basic rights, the right to travel, the right to bear arms, essentially the right to work in many occupations, has to have more than one or two controllers from government. The temptation to use this power against the enemies of you and yours would no doubt be too much for some, sadly.

Good work ACLU, from one liberal at least. I know it's an emotional issue for many people and for good reasons. I don't personally like handling guns but I believe a person has the right to defend themselves, and hunt for food, and be able provide for themselves. And yes, this list could be used against journalists and others who may report or discuss opposing views to those of any current authority, at any time.

Peace and carry on.

edit on 23-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bspiracy

To put that number in perspective of a couple of different political hot button issues.

The number of American's on a watch list is higher then people that think they are transgender.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join