It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents, I apologize.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I remember when you misbehaved, the policed loved taking you home to your parents, because they knew that you would get a far worse punishment from you parents, than you would ever get from law enforcement.

What happened to that?

Were you in one of those neighborhoods where every mom was your mom too?

You did something wrong at your friends house, you got it right there from "mom".

Then she called your house and when you got home you got it again.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yep have to feed the industrial prison complex, cant have parents disciplining their own children so they do not become career criminals.....the whole system is ass backwards

it is downright scary to think that are children can't be protected by their parents.

What you said reminded me of this video.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I watched the first 10 mins or so and i will finish it later when i have more time, but from what i have seen i will finish it feeling somewhat disturbed....

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The funny thing is, 9 times out of 10, the offense that got you paddled in class was talking. Just talking in class. On the other hand, class was quiet and respectful and the worst behavior normally experienced in a classroom was talking. And, surprisingly swats were only necessary about once or twice a month.

Now kids can basically tell the teacher to F-off, sit on their phone, and do whatever they want. Which is better?

Somewhere along the line, the media convinced the masses that any physical discipline is equivalent to a drunk abusive parent.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

The funny thing is, 9 times out of 10, the offense that got you paddled in class was talking. Just talking in class. On the other hand, class was quiet and respectful and the worst behavior normally experienced in a classroom was talking. And, surprisingly swats were only necessary about once or twice a month.

Because there was appropriate behavior and inappropriate behavior. There was respect and there was responsibility.

When you were in school you were there to learn. The teacher was in control of the classroom, and you were to respect the teacher and your fellow classmate. Talking in class, when it wasn't part of class, was being disrespectful, and it was unaccepted behavior.

Now teachers nor parents have control of the kids. They are being groomed to become thugs. It is part of the plan.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Discipline is now abuse

I guess it's not politically correct to discipline your own children. What a lovely society we live in

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Were you in one of those neighborhoods where every mom was your mom too? You did something wrong at your friends house, you got it right there from "mom". Then she called your house and when you got home you got it again.

In my neighborhood, any adult had the authority to discipline you. My parents big focus was on respect and personal responsibility.

And like you said, if a neighbor or a teacher had to discipline you, you were guaranteed to get it again, when your parents got home.

Last Thanksgiving, we talked and laughed about the trouble we got into as children, and the punishments we had to endure. Funny as it might seem, not one of us had an experience where we were punished unjustly, or were we had anything that was damaged, except our egos and our pride.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Now kids can basically tell the teacher to F-off, sit on their phone, and do whatever they want. Which is better?
a reply to: Halfswede

Can you imagine what the teacher would have done back then if we mouthed-off using the F-bomb! I wouldn't begin to think what type of punishment and paddling I would have received when I got home! I can remember male teachers jacking students up against the lockers if they started mouthing off to them. Schools and the classroom is nothing like it was back when.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

6 kids!!!! WTF!!!!

When people???? When will you stop breeding for multiple families!!!! When someone hits 3 to 4 kids they should take your uterus. If you're like the Duggars and have 19 they should sent all but four of them to the moon.

That goes for everyone. Rich, Poor, Every Race, Every Class, Every Everything.

GET BIRTH CONTROL!!!! It's not that difficult. Have your fun, but stop the baby factories!!!

Sorry for the rant but it drives me nuts!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

We are just a wee bit shy of a dozen. we all turned out well, independent, and college educated. We all are civic minded, and are actively involved in giving back to our communities. Discipline was a major factor in making us who we are.

You see I can't agree with your rant.

I can't image my life without any one of my five brothers or any one of my four sisters.

The number of children a person has, has nothing to do with whether they are good parents or not. None of my parent's children have taken anything "from" society. Everyone of us are college graduates, and professionals, that are actively involved in their communities, and unselfishly contribute, their time and money in support of their communities.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Can you imagine what the teacher would have done back then if we mouthed-off using the F-bomb!

No imagination required back in my day when i was in boarding school i was made to eat a entire bar of soap and then grounded for 2 weeks....

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Yeah, well as happy as I am for you and your family this woman just created 6 criminals for the world.

I'm guessing that this woman's situation isn't the same as your parents was at any point.

You're folks could obviously handle your side of things, this woman can't. She's got 6 kids by who knows how many dads and the current dad is in prison. Maybe if she only had 2 kids she could concentrate more on raising them correctly.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We start when they are very young about age 3 (shorter stool). Kid can't get off the stool until he/she voluntarily talks about why he/she is there.

When my children were old enough to understand why they were being punished, which for both my girls, was about the age of two. They had to tell me what they did wrong, then I would ask them what they thought their punishment should be. It always amazed me that they always chose a punishment that was more harsh, than the one I would have chosen.

My Amanda was a pistol. If she wanted to do something badly enough, she would do it. She would then come to me and admit she did it and would chose a more than fair punishment for herself. Somethings I guess she felt was worth the punishment.

She is a grown woman now, but her baseline personality has not changed a bit.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
My Amanda was a pistol. If she wanted to do something badly enough, she would do it. She would then come to me and admit she did it and would chose a more than fair punishment for herself. Somethings I guess she felt was worth the punishment.

She is a grown woman now, but her baseline personality has not changed a bit.

Seriously, you should teach classes on parenting. I'm sure you're a busy woman, but make youtube video's or something. Lobby congress to mandate your teachings across this nation.

That sounds like a great kid!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
mOjOm, I don't know enough about this woman to pass judgment on her. She is working, she has her children in good magnet schools, and they are all on the honor roll.

She is trying to be a good mother, she is trying to do right by her children, and she was punished for disciplining her children and trying to steer them away from becoming criminals. That is the disturbing point in this story.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That sounds like a great kid!!!

Like I said she was a pistol.

She was too smart for her own good at times, and she kept me on my toes. She became a baker, she should have been a lawyer, or a judge, because she was a genius at pleading her case.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I agree. This woman should be allowed to spank her kids for robbing the neighbors. I'm against spanking and all that when it's done because a parent is just lazy or an A-hole. I had my own parent like that for a while I and Hated that man and still do.

But when you're kids are actually stealing from people at that age, hell ya you can spank them. Probably should have been spanking them before they started stealing stuff too.

The twelve and thirteen y/o are almost too old at this point to change, but they can for a couple more years. But she better figure out the problem with the younger ones quick. Well, if she had them anyway.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How good of a mother could she be if her kids were breaking into another person's home to steal their property? She administered PUNISHMENT after the fact when she should have instilled DISCIPLINE well before hand.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Jaxsmash because: spelling face to fact. oops

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I just think that one lesson is amazing and simple too. I'm not a parent, so this may not mean much but to me you're a genius.

In that one thing you taught your kids Right and Wrong, What it means to Judge and Be Judged, Self Discipline, Self Reliance, Respect for You and Others and Honestly. Probably a few more things too if I took the time to list them.

That's great.

I'm serious. Write a book or make a video because some people seriously don't know how to raise a child. Like no clue. They have little monsters that just grow bigger.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

I agree. But we don't know all the details. Kids do stupid stuff sometimes and it could of just been them acting out and got caught their first time. Who knows. I'm guessing not but I don't know.

If it's not just a fluke case of this happening, then I agree 100%. You only have a limited time when kids are young to teach them how to be a person worth having around in society. If you fail, then they spend the rest of their lives having that lesson beating in to them by the rest of us and we shouldn't be responsible for doing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join