It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIVILIZATION VI: Behind-closed-doors E3 Walkthrough Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Civilization is back and due for release in October , below is a 12 min video Walkthrough of Civ 6 Narrated by Sean Bean , the video was originally shown behind-closed-doors at this years E3.

I'm a big Civ fan and am still playing Civ 5 , looks like the new game has a bit of a retro look to it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
looking good. some welcome additions there, such as adding in districts specifically, and the placing of wonders. nice.

I also like how they did the fog of war being a sketch.

Yeah, very retro actually, cartoonish in some aspects by comparison, but done tastefully I think. I got the impression they were going a lot more for uniqueness between cultures.

looking forward to it..but weird they didn't speak about religion or anything. perhaps they ejected that mechanic

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
weird they didn't speak about religion or anything. perhaps they ejected that mechanic

An excellent observation.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The early materials we'd been watching basically said that everything you know from CIV V are supposed to be in CIV VI, so I assume that covers the religion mechanics too.

I hope it's still in. I always enjoyed picking silly religions for whatever civ I was playing, and later I liked modding the game with some out there civs along with the more interesting historical and true to life beliefs. It's always amusing to watch Harun al-Rashid decide to be Jewish or in a game, for example, or watch Isabella go crusading around the world for Atheism.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'M SO FRIGGIN EXCITED!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
DAMN YOU SID MEIR! For the countless hours, months? That youve bamboozled me out of.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Tell me about it. I am old school Civ die hard. I remember being 12 years old and competing against my dad on original Civ game to get the highest score. I got 1000%
. made him wait months to figure out how I got it. I wouldnt tell him. The thing on the original Civ was that occasionally, you got two settlers instead of one. Well, if you move one, then save, then reload, you could actually move the settler all the way around the Euroasian/African continents. So by the end of turn 5-6, I would have cleared the entire landmass, destroying luckily all the other civs. Drove him nuts for months
. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this coming out it looks AWESOME.

Camain

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Cant wait until i play this,cant wait,i think i'm going to play civ 5 now

new topics

top topics

join