It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, lets hear the UFO debunkers debunk this one.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just my thoughts:

Why not ice?

1. There are only 3 pieces of ice ..exactly 3, all the same size and shape?
2. You can get a feeling of the axis of their flight paths, and it does not seem to be an axis that is in line with the ISS and moving away from it.

---

Personally I do not think they are alien UFO craft since from what I know they can fly much faster than that.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Can mylar balloons exit the atmosphere?

Don't they stop floating upward after they reach the vacuum?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: visitedbythem

Can mylar balloons exit the atmosphere?

Don't they stop floating upward after they reach the vacuum?
The atmosphere go on forever.... Ok Im just pulling your leg

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm not a UFO debunker. I believe they exist. I am a skeptic of UFO videos.

It would be wonderful if there were other known satellites or object within the view in order to try to quantify elevation, velocity, vector, etc. It IS a UFO video in that we can't conclusively identify the dots of light, and thus are "unidentified". Beyond that, I didn't see any obvious changes in velocity or vector.

For myself, I have to file this video under "interesting" and "inconclusive". Ice particles seem a distinct possibility.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
lol, yeah, NASA cut the feed because of "ice."

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The objects seem to be moving in the same orbit as the iss, they are just falling behind thus creating the illusion of moving upward. When ever you see objects in space it's very hard to judge distance but these look pretty close.

I don't know if it's ice but it does look like it came from the station. Plus the objects don't appear to change heading or speed.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Little blobs of something against an ambiguous panorama, that's no more false than saying its big blobs of something against an ambiguous panorama, but I would think that the ISS would have several ways of detecting sources of a space object, anomalous or otherwise...infrared perhaps, for instance.
The ISS vents stuff at times like hydrogen, it takes in stuff at times..water for instance, for life support systems, probably the most difficult system to maintain in an ideal fashion, and probably not yet independent from ground backup.
The ISS could be best described as technically in space, but still in the atmosphere, (Thermosphere) hence it grabs water from time to time. So this is not a deep space scenario, and there is all sorts of rubbish up there, not pristine at all, likely never was.
To add, if paint flakes can damage space vehicles, they sure as hell, won't welcome the like of ice crystals.

edit on 23-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople
a reply to: nOraKat

Looks to me like ice. And I'd also say they're not leaving the atmosphere, but actually being left behind from the ISS. It's an optical illusion, imho.

What kind of ice at high altitude are you'all?

Ice and debris coming off of or venting from the ISS and the space shuttle (back when the shuttle flew) is a relatively common occurance. So that's where the ice could be coming from at that high altitude.

Plus, these objects may not be "leaving the atmosphere" and be as far away as they seem in the OP's video. Rather, they might be very close to the camera, and could not be seen by the camera until they were against the black of space.

As for the person above who asked why NASA would cut the feed just for ice (or debris), we really don't know why the feed changed. They change camera angles and cut the feed all of the time for many reason; they may not have done it to hide these objects from us.

edit on 6/23/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
I don't know if it's ice but it does look like it came from the station. Plus the objects don't appear to change heading or speed.

There are attitude adjustment thrusters, other thrusters, and powered vents on the ISS. So even if the ice or debris was changing speed or trajectory, that could be due to the thrusters.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I came in late! Bah, you guys are too quick some days. Carry on. I'll get ya on the next thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What would differentiate those images from satellites coming up over the Earth's horizon? What kind of possible proof is that of anything strange at all. Adding to that , they disappear as they change their luminosity from the angle that the sunlight hits them... just like we see them do it from observing them from Earth.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Those darned catchy titles get me every time!

Ok, lets hear the UFO debunkers debunk this one.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
ok...i watched the until the horse # raccoon came on the video...what a joke!
You did more to debunk UFOs than anyone else.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Perspective. The look like they are "leaving" the atmosphere when they are actually orbiting or moving in an orbit around the earth or away from the camera. PERSPECTIVE people. The same way a contrail can look like a rocket going straight up when it is simply coming TOWARDS you.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
As to WHAT "they" are...flotsom, jetsom...debris. Space is dirty.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm not following all the contemporary ufo industry daily claims of ISS UFOs, except to make a larger observation.

Although the common explanation of shuttle UFO videos, as ice flakes, is subject to a lot of mockery nowadays, we should all realize there’s been a marked change in the visual nature of 'space UFO videos' since the shuttle stopped flying. Gone are the fleets of UFOs, the criss-cross drifting and zig-zagging of multiple objects seen on camera views.

This change has occurred since the ISS, unlike the shuttle, doesn't dump waste water, and rarely uses thrusters for attitude control. So naturally, pseudo-UFOs created by such prosaic factors on shuttle missions have ALSO stopped -- replaced by distinctive new features of the new optical systems providing continuous external views.

This fundamental qualitative shift of the appearance of 'space UFOs' that coincides with a fundamental technological change of spacecraft routine operations seems to me to a powerful argument that the videos are CAUSED by the technological features of whichever spacecraft was carrying the cameras.

If the videos were caused by factors external to the spacecraft [such as alien vehicles], why have they visually changed so dramatically?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

ok, come on, just admit it. this is just your sneaky way to advertise live steaming partnerships for your site.

edit on 23-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You understand youre asking us to agree its a U.(Unidentifiable) F. O? Well? Youre right. Its unidentifiable.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
lol

a reply to: Dumbass

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I have a question:

Why are there only 3 distinct pieces of ice?

If some ice was shed off the ISS you would think there would be several more pieces..

Why are they all the same size?

Why don't they all follow the same trajectory?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join