It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travelling travellers and the bears of the past

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I could not help myself, sorry! Lol

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
what i today is the first day, and all of our memories are just creations, a la total recall ?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Every time we sleep we reboot?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Echoes!!!!!! yarghhhhh - I give up you win...didn't see that coming

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You're/your correct

I re-sent that - who you calling a carrot?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

I really wanted to write a coherent reply to this but I stopped and started thinking of the implications. And my brain melted into my lap. . . Time travel

So if your brain melted - what helped you write your post - the mandela'd brain? or another you from another time?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Which is literally impossible. I have tried to explain the idea of 3 dimensions +1 of time, and the only way I could get the idea across was a train of infinite length

I think the old idea of Length Breadth height and the 4th being "time" needs to be thrown out. Is time really a dimension. Does time actually exist or is it a man made convenience?

phys.org...

In their paper, Sorli and Fiscaletti argue that, while the concepts of special relativity are sound, the introduction of 4D Minkowski spacetime has created a century-long misunderstanding of time as the fourth dimension of space that lacks any experimental support. They argue that well-known time dilation experiments, such as those demonstrating that clocks do in fact run slower in high-speed airplanes than at rest, support special relativity and time dilation but not necessarily Minkowski spacetime or length contraction. According to the conventional view, clocks run slower at high speeds due to the nature of Minkowski spacetime itself as a result of both time dilation and length contraction. But Sorli and Fiscaletti argue that the slow clocks can better be described by the relative velocity between the two reference frames, which the clocks measure, not which the clocks are a part of. In this view, space and time are two separate entities. “With clocks we measure the numerical order of motion in 3D space,” Sorli told Phys.org. “Time is 'separated' from space in a sense that time is not a fourth dimension of space. Instead, time as a numerical order of change exists in a 3D space. Our model on space and time is founded on measurement and corresponds better to physical reality.” Read more at: phys.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

But if we get rid of time as a dimension then what the bloody hell happens to my theory???

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join