It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travelling travellers and the bears of the past

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Privy_Princess

Also, call me a crazy conspiracy theorist if you must, but I think the internet promotes these "changes" to the fullest. Think about it. This is the internet age. When you want to research a topic, do you go to the local library and check out books or do you google it? Let's be honest. Most of us will just google information we are researching first.

This is the very crux of the thread.

Are these phenomenon related to our ability to see them, is it suddenly a much easier age in which to have an influence. Lol it is what it is I suppose.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Jonjonj

Don't you think the time travelers would foresee us figuring out what they are doing and effecting change that would preclude us from becoming clued in?

Of course, it is ridiculous to think that human time travellers would come back to this time and leave traces, unless their purpose was to actually send us a message.

A news paper from next week would do it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Don't you think the time travelers would foresee us figuring out what they are doing and effecting change that would preclude us from becoming clued in?

Of course, it is ridiculous to think that human time travellers would come back to this time and leave traces, unless their purpose was to actually send us a message.

Maybe time travel isn't like taking a taxi. No stops on the way.

Maybe the only influence is on photons, electronic information. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Grammar is a hell of a thing. It's the difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.
edit on 23-6-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Grammar is a hell of a thing. It's the difference between feeling your nuts and feeling your nuts.

You're/your correct.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Someone caught it

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I really wanted to write a coherent reply to this but I stopped and started thinking of the implications. And my brain melted into my lap. . .

Time travel . . .

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Maybe time travel isn't like taking a taxi. No stops on the way.

Maybe the only influence is on photons, electronic information. Who knows?

I think its more like being over there and seeing time stretched out as a ribbon, being able to see the past and future, a bit or all. Like looking at a reel of film frame by frame.

its not like that but this is like trying to explain up to 2d flat land people.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
I really wanted to write a coherent reply to this but I stopped and started thinking of the implications. And my brain melted into my lap. . .

Time travel . . .

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter. It is simply a thought exercise, after all, if time travel were happening, and they could influence in any way what our reality is...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Which is literally impossible. I have tried to explain the idea of 3 dimensions +1 of time, and the only way I could get the idea across was a train of infinite length.

Makes no sense until you try to picture it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Which is literally impossible. I have tried to explain the idea of 3 dimensions +1 of time, and the only way I could get the idea across was a train of infinite length.

Or a hypercube. Except a hyper sphere. Don't bother trying to draw it, you can't.

But imagine your consciousness expanding to the size of the Universe (everywhere at once "Omnipresent") or shrinking to the size of an atom. Also imagine it expanding to encompass all of when ("Omniscient") or shrinking to the tiniest bit of now.

Everywhere and everywhen, at once.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Or a hypercube. Except a hyper sphere. Don't bother trying to draw it, you can't.

But imagine your consciousness expanding to the size of the Universe (everywhere at once "Omnipresent") or shrinking to the size of an atom. Also imagine it expanding to encompass all of when ("Omniscient") or shrinking to the tiniest bit of now.

Everywhere and everywhen, at once.

I think this is what I was talking about when I said that our defining factor is the belief that time is linear. If time is not in fact linear, but rather all encompassing, all bets are off regarding time travel.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Linear projection is our perspective. We make time 'lines', charts, spectrums, schedules. Everything has a beginning and an ending, spectrum charts or business graphs begin (from off the page left) and end (page right). Movies and tv programs start and end.

We are concerned with 'moments' in time, along a progression of 'events'. All those things are linear, progressive and open ended.

We can't see everywhen from here became we are limited by our perspective in the third dimension.

Your analogy about an infinitely long train is apt from our perspective. Over there, we see the train from 'above', each car being a moment or event in time. So we could (from our new perspective 'outside' time) see the train car the day the titanic sunk or the day JFK was shot. We can see both those cars in the train from our perspective, even get closer and see the events, but not influence them, this would change the past or future. I don't think thats allowed. Just like from here we can't stop the future from happening. There is no pause switch.

I don't presume to know what the hell I'm talking about, like I said earlier I'm a 2D flatlander trying to describe 'up'.

Tin foil hat time:

I've read the books with prophecies in them and have realized they saw stuff before it happened, the way they claim it happened is they were visited by a 'spirit' who said "come up here and I will show you things to be."

Shivers

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Some don't believe in the second amendment and some don't believe in the second law of thermodynamics.

When the calliope crashed to the ground the merry-go-round became stuck in one direction and the arrow of time now points forward.

It's part of the Manfred Mann effect, a side effect of him having altered the work of The Boss.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Nelson Mandela, the original creator of the time machine.

No! In my timeline Neal Mandanela actually invented the Internment so we could talk through the Aether.

Dave Gilmour - There's no way out of here
www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-6-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Tulpa

Nelson Mandela, the original creator of the time machine.

No! In my timeline Neal Mandanela actually invented the Internment so we could talk through the Aether.

Dave Gilmour - There's no way out of here
www.youtube.com...

I see your There's no way out of here and I raise you...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I see your There's no way out of here and I raise you...

I call your raise and call game over.....

www.youtube.com...
Pink Floyd - Eclipse

Eclipse (Waters) 2:04
All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy, beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come and everything under the sun is in tune but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

A draw I say!

New hand?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

As I walked below the surface of the moon I now realized the year was 2217. Mega ships were transporting moon fuel back to earth so the greedy oil company's could make mega profit. At $250.97/5 per gallon could you blame them. As I time traveled back to the year 2016, I told all humans about the year 2217 and what oil stocks to purchase and pass to their children.

42% of the world bought up the oil stocks. I traveled back to 2217 and nothing was on the moon.

Returning back to 2016 a rich man named JonJonj invented a car that ran on air pressure with magnetic air pumps.
I asked him how did he know. Turns out that JonJonj was a time traveler too. He was smarter and went to the year 2218 and changed a few things. Lol
edit on 6 24 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

And you hads to go and tell everybody!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join