It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travelling travellers and the bears of the past

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hi, completely speculative thread here, nothing even remotely proven nor in fact thought through. The reason for this thread I guess is spitballing.

The Mandela effect:

The Mandela effect, or in other words the fact that we don't in some cases remember things as we think they used to be has troubled me for some time. I have absolutely no reference to these effects beyond what I have read here and in other "esoteric" boards but my general belief has been that of mistaken/faulty memory.

Time travel:

Let's discuss time travel

This thread got me thinking about causal loops, and how they might manifest in a world that is actually equipped to see them. Let us be honest, if time travel had happened in the past, and they had had the ability to record it, we wouldn't even be discussing these things. They would be taken for granted and no problem. The fact is though that the more technologically advanced we become, the more science seems to take these esoteric ideas as possibilities.

Could the Mandela Effect be a product of time travellers somehow trying to change things?

Could it be that time travel has only become apparent because those who have travelled in time realise that THIS is the time they need to come to show us something?

I don't really know, but the whole idea has me fascinated.

They are here because they realise that only now is the time we could understand they are here!

Who knows?

I am sure that this is an out of stupid idea, but that is why it is in RATS.

If you feel you have any speculation, please add to the discussion.

edit on 23-6-2016 by Jonjonj because: format

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

After seeing your thread the machine brought me here. Nice thread. I will add more soon!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

LOL there is literally no rush!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Spitballing just the same.

Seems to me these "changes" are often Grammar related. At the same time the mistakes are cultural or lingo in nature as in Froot Loops and FruitLoops. These are mistakes and AI might mistake in its reconstruction, or simulation or what have you. It pushes me to think about it from the Holographic or PC viewpoint. I don't know what to say beyond that as I haven't jumped wholly into its research. Quite a bit of evidence points to our reality being "holographic" though I don't think that is the right word to explain it. Something does feel oddly off about our reality lately.

Doesn't Mandela mean wheel of life or something like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

That's a mandala.
They're talking about Nelson Mandela, the original creator of the time machine.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
Spitballing just the same.

Seems to me these "changes" are often Grammar related. At the same time the mistakes are cultural or lingo in nature as in Froot Loops and FruitLoops. These are mistakes and AI might mistake in its reconstruction, or simulation or what have you. It pushes me to think about it from the Holographic or PC viewpoint. I don't know what to say beyond that as I haven't jumped wholly into its research. Quite a bit of evidence points to our reality being "holographic" though I don't think that is the right word to explain it. Something does feel oddly off about our reality lately.

Doesn't Mandela mean wheel of life or something like that.

That was the point I wanted to make, subtle changes in grammar, spelling etc. After all, if they were capable of physical changes it would be insane.

The Mandela effect is because a lot of people thought that Nelson Mandela died in prison but then came alive again. I think the word you are looking for is Mandala.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It seems as if we are on the same wavelength today because I was just researching the Mandela effect, as well.

I'll link a topic that I have been reading about it in. It speaks about all types of Mandela effect cases, but mostly about the "Berenstein" or "Berenstain" bear conundrum.

www.lipstickalley.com...

I personally think you are onto something. There is a correlation between these oddities and time travel. It makes sense that we don't remember the change occurring because essentially these changes are being made after we experienced our past. Our past memories don't change just because the past was altered. So memories in and of themselves could be the key to everything. But...can we trust our memories as much as we think we can? That's the rub.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Don't you think the time travelers would foresee us figuring out what they are doing and effecting change that would preclude us from becoming clued in?

Paradoxes aside, things only move forward. Unless someone can point out the backwards switch.

If any doubts remain watch the clock on the wall and see if it ever moves backwards. Form our perspective in 3D we can't see everywhere and everywhen.

Even the word 'everywhen' raises a flag with spell check.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe it is time travelers sending us a code to save our timeline!

If we take all of the missing or changed letters
Multiply by the square root of the population of Providence RI circa 1987
Carry the 3
And we get....
CHEESECAKE? Or FOURTY-TWO! Depending on your hemisphere.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Privy_Princess

It seems as if we are on the same wavelength today because I was just researching the Mandela effect, as well.

I'll link a topic that I have been reading about it in. It speaks about all types of Mandela effect cases, but mostly about the "Berenstein" or "Berenstain" bear conundrum.

www.lipstickalley.com...

I personally think you are onto something. There is a correlation between these oddities and time travel. It makes sense that we don't remember the change occurring because essentially these changes are being made after we experienced our past. Our past memories don't change just because the past was altered. So memories in and of themselves could be the key to everything. But...can we trust our memories as much as we think we can? That's the rub.

Thank you for coming and for that link. You inspired the thread! I had never taken the Mandela effect seriously in any way and if I am honest I still find it hard to believe but...who knows?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Don't you think the time travelers would foresee us figuring out what they are doing and effecting change that would preclude us from becoming clued in?

Of course, it is ridiculous to think that human time travellers would come back to this time and leave traces, unless their purpose was to actually send us a message.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Dammit! In my timeline I am always right and Nelson Mandala sells dream catchers at a live bait shop in Tupelo Mississippi with Elvis and John Goodman(he died too it's getting too weird), and Jesus.

a reply to: Tulpa

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Interesting thoughts...

I agree that almost all of "the effects" are regular, imperfect human memory... but a couple of the effects are so seemingly "real" it can cause some discomfort.

I'm still flummoxed that the word 'dilemna' is now spelled 'dilemma' ... not that I'm a great speller, but that one had specific, life long memories associated with it, like learning it's weird, anti-etymological spelling in grade school and forever after jokingly pronouncing it as "duh-lem-Na" and having friends who are actual English profs sharing the same delusional spelling.

Also, it shows one how ephemeral our realities (or brains) are... for some of the alleged "effects" one can hold both versions as "correct" and it is weirdly destabilizing, and one can track the progress as the "new" fact slowly gains primacy.

So yeah, totally a neurological "hiccup" but there is a small chance some rare few indicate something weird is up... the trick, you see, is separating chaff from any possible quantum wheat.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
Maybe it is time travelers sending us a code to save our timeline!

If we take all of the missing or changed letters
Multiply by the square root of the population of Providence RI circa 1987
Carry the 3
And we get....
CHEESECAKE? Or FOURTY-TWO! Depending on your hemisphere.

You typed a lot of stuff just to indicate you were not interested in the idea. I get it honestly. Next time though why not spend the same amount of time making a cup of tea, after all, this is a spitballing, out of the box, mad thread.

There are no facts here to debunk, right?

RDIT: By the way, it is FORTY not FOURTY.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Jonjonj because: correcting a Douglas Adams Fan

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I always spelt it dilemna. There is a website you could check. Does it solve the problem? Absolutely not, it does, however, show that you are not alone!

dilemna website

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I distinctly remember the correct spelling being "dilemna", as well.

Also, call me a crazy conspiracy theorist if you must, but I think the internet promotes these "changes" to the fullest.

Think about it. This is the internet age. When you want to research a topic, do you go to the local library and check out books or do you google it? Let's be honest. Most of us will just google information we are researching first.

Well, one thing I've noticed is how quickly SOME websites from the past get uncached and/or mysteriously have many broken links. I thought the digital age was supposed to be vastly superior to its predecessors. I mean, it most certainly could be, if it worked correctly, but this age is also highly "customizeable" and "rearrangeable", as well. It's a double-edged sword, kinda.

So say, for instance, all traces of the "Berenstein Bears" needs to be done away with. You can do this easily on the internet. I'm sure there are some powerful programs in existence that can easily accomplish this quickly. Not so easily with books and tangible, hand-held evidence. You'd have to scour for each and every piece and destroy it one by one.

I hope I'm explaining myself clearly. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that IF things have been altered for some unkown reason by some unkown entities, then the technology of our times makes it easier for them to do so. And also, since we have been taught that our minds plays tricks on us all the time, whereas the computer is just a static device with perfect recollection capabilities, then it is we who are incorrect.

I'm just not so sure if that is always the case. Especially when many people have confirmed having similiar memories. We can't ALL be wrong,can we?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

dilemna website

Thus why I cannot totally discount something as utterly laughable as "changing universes" ... it IS a tad frustrating that there is so much "noise" injected by the "memory explanation" ... the critics laughing it off are exactly correct 99.999% of the time, but I cannot deny that particular strong spelling memory and some rare few others that are less concrete, personally.

Basically, thinking about how it could be possible, if true, comes down to a few possibilities... time travel effects is up there near the top of the list, but as many universes is now less fringe, then the answer may lie there... how one could "flux" between universes is a darn good question and I well know mystics and physicists have their ideas as to how, but it's still surprising!

The simulation theory is another likely answer. Life is infinitely strange.. despite the concrete mundane aspects.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Privy_Princess

My first thoughts were an internet only experiment via Google or something along those lines... but looking at my old dictionary quickly dispelled (HA) that notion... the internet cannot change the ink in my ancient Oxford Dictionary!

SO ... I'm personally left with a HUGE ? and the indignity of having to suffer ridicule from the wags who are, maddeningly, correct about most of these "effects" being regular imperfect memory.

Bah ... maybe the "old gods" are returning and it will only increase ... or the science poor hippies scared of CERN unzipping reality were actually correct ... but it's certainly interesting.

When broached with friends, though, it seems everyone has some of these alternate memories if 'lucky' enough to notice, so it's likely an aspect of reality we're just becoming aware of precisely due to the internet and instant info.

Echoes from alternate realities is my current favorite "explanation" if there is a "reality" to it.

edit on 6/23/2016 by Baddogma because: typo fixo

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

After seeing your thread the machine brought me here. Nice thread. I will add more soon!
That was one of my favorite movies

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
In my mind, there shouldnt be any matter, nor movement, or time. There should be nothing. Why is there time? We would have to answer that first, before entertaining weither it can be navigated by us or those in the future. I think we would see more severe changes if it was possible, or would we?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join