It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: Martin75

I will call her later and ask her if she wants to watch the sunset. I don't start work until next Monday. They called and said they want us to have a week off. Cool!

That sounds very romantic Q. I say do it! And of course, you'll have to fill us in on how it goes.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Could you folks just take a moment to post a little something here for our dear ATS member Woody? He could use some kind words right now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Can you pick me up lunch too? Lol I need to shop again

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I left Woody a message. I love that person. He is a fighter!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi, Night. We're better than we were a couple of days ago.

Long story short: Thurs a.m. I was woken at 6 am by really bad abdominal pain. All across and into the chest as well. But I'd had similar a couple of months earlier and when my doc checked me that time, he found that I hadn't had a heart attack (as that was our first concern). His opinion, it was probably just bad indigestion, perhaps exacerbated by a reflux condition I've had for years. (It's physical. I have a weak lower esophageal valve. [LES]) So on Thurs, I just waited it out and after a couple of hours the pain began to ease.

However on Saturday the same thing happened. Woken by the pain really early. I decided to just tough it out again then see my doc on Monday to let him know and maybe more investigation was needed. But this time, after two hours the pain was even worse. Also, I had nausea and what goes with it, and sweating on and off as well. I hung on a bit longer but there was no sign of it letting up. So I decided this was not looking good and I needed some medical attention soonest.

With help from wife's son and grandson to get us transported, an hour or so later I was in hospital, lying on a bed and with a drip running. The drugs in the drip helped to dull the pain. Meanwhile, a doctor did a detailed exam. She determined it was something more than just indigestion, so she sent me off for Xrays and an Ultrasound. Like, right away.

An hour later they knew what it was and it turns out I'll need surgery. But as it's not acute/severe (meaning it's not life threatening right now), they've arranged for me to come back in September and arrange the exact date for the op then. Well, two ops, most likely, as there are two different things they have to fix. The reason they prefer to wait till September is simply because the weather is cooler and as I'll mostly be recovering at home after the op/s, that's medically safer than when it's stinking hot. We don't have air-con at home; almost no-one here does.

The doc asked me to come back in on Monday a.m. so she could check I'd remained stable during the weekend. If all was good, we'd keep the September arrangement. If not, then they'd reassess and see if I needed surgery right away.

So okay, got a ride home in a clinic car (ambulance) and spent the rest of the day just relaxing. Wasn't allow to eat anything that day. Doc's orders.

Then Saturday evening, Dada and I were watching TV when she decided to go to bed. This was just on dusk. A few moments later I heard this scary crash-thump sound followed by silence. I rushed into the bedroom and Dada was on the floor, just slowly sitting up.

As I asked her what happened and as she explained that she tripped on something, I saw this awful gash in her left upper arm. She'd caught it on something and basically ripped it open. I'll avoid the details, but it looked really bad. She didn't seem too concerned by it and said it would be okay, but clearly, it was not okay. Also clearly, she was going into shock. She could barely stand, let alone walk.

So I called for an ambulance. They arrived in a few minutes and had her in hospital pdq. She needed half a dozen stitches and the doc inserted a drain in the wound as well. By the time she'd been fixed up she was feeling pretty good and now walking okay, so (with the medical pros' agreement) we actually walked home. It's only ten minutes on foot from the hospital, and it was downhill and also nice night, so off we went.

We both had checkups yesterday. My doc confirmed I was stable for now and we could stick with the plan for the op later, with the proviso that if I get a return of the problem to get back to the hospital and they'll give me a drip, etc. Dada's doc is happy with her wound. No infection, thank goodness, and it looks like it'll heal okay.

Today and tomorrow are national holidays, so her next checkup and dressing change is Thursday. Meanwhile, she can't even recall what happened and just wants to go to the cottage. But I'd rather we're close to our hospital here just in case, so I'll wait til her checkup is done and then we'll see.

Today? I'm just taking it quietly and so is she. I'm trying to get her to lie around and do as little as possible so she doesn't cause swelling in her arm. But otherwise, just a normal day.

edit on 5/7/16 by JustMike because: typos.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Oh Mike, I am glad your ok. I am sorry this happened to you at the same time at least they found the problem and it will be fixed when the weather is cooler.

Poor Dada. She is tough. You and here kindly take it easy. If you need help I have a week off work and would fly in.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Mike, Oh my heavens but you two have had a time of it!!!! I'm so sorry that you have surgeries coming up! I hope that they are able to fix you right up! Sounds like a bad gallbladder maybe? So glad it isn't your heart! And then Dada's arm on top of that, wow! I know you will be an excellent doctor to nurse her back to health but don't forget you are also on the mend. I hope you two get to feeling better soon!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Why do things like this happen to good people?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
It does seem that way sometime doesn't it? I think it is because they are strong enough to win this battle. That is what makes us warriors. We are not given more than we can handle. Some of us are just better fighters and can handle more....

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Great point. By the way Edie just called me and thanked my for last night. I asked if she was free to take a bike ride to Speedway St and watch the sunset! She said she would love to and asked if she could take me for a drink or snack after. I said ok!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You go Quantum!!! You will have to report back afterwards and let us know how it goes!!! So your meeting her tonight for drinks at sunset? Yes you guys are off to a very romantic start. You meet up at fireworks and your first date is sunset!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Nice

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I met her on the beach minding my own business. Lol . Fireworks and now watch the sunset. I have never had a girl want to buy me a drink usually I buy the drink. Lol. I will let her buy the drink. Or should I pay? Confused lol
edit on 7 5 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Take turns buying drinks?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Oh my goodness, you two have had quite a rough time there. Glad things are looking up though. It's hard when a care giver needs care at the same time. That was like when my Mom was in and out of hospitals and I had cancer. It was a tough road. Good thing you have family that you can rely on when needed.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Good idea thanks!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Q, Offer to pay unless she insists. She just wants to be with you.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Q, Offer to pay unless she insists. She just wants to be with you.
This is probably the better idea lol.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I will feel out the situation. If she want to pay ok lol.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

There ya go. Just have a great time!

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join