It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Oh my, that is terrible! Thanks for showing us, I did not know it was that bad!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Nice job on winning a ZEISS VR One headset!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Here is some good drone footage

And another video
It is unbelievable the devastation that has taken place.

We were very lucky that most of it missed us but they will be cleaning and trying to rebuild their lives from a long time. There are also other stories you don't hear about. One woman went to the attic to escape the flooding, her house filled with natural gas and exploded. She is in the hospital with burns over 70% of her body.

House Explodes

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

omg, im so sorry.

We dont have it that bad. At the bottom of this link is the video
www.tbnewswatch.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Good morning Shedlanders.

Hi Kaelci and Thank You for having an awesome story entry,
for Me to read while having some morning coffee! It was Fantabulous!!

Hi Jess! Yah that is some incredible Drone footage!

I am learning to fly a Quad now. It has a cam on-board and after I do a download, My phone will be able to be used to fly that craft! It was only a hundred bucks at toys r us! The cam is only adjustable before flights, will move up or down somewhat, so it only gets set in one position and not adjustable on the fly. But it takes decent videos! My future son in law had the software in His phone one day, when I first got it. Pretty cool for the price!

Here's an image of it. I just saw this online for a lot less than what the store charged Me. That's what I get for being impatient and wanting to get it on the spot! LOL!!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Cool drone Syx!! I have a LITTLE quad

This little bugger will fly!!! Also hurts a little if you can't drive and bounce it off your head. LMAO I have fun terrorizing the cats. It is so small you have to be VERY careful outside or the wind will grab it
Amazon Drone under $40
Just in case anyone is interested this is the perfect drone to learn on. You can find it on Amazon for $25-40 dollars

edit on 6/27/2016 by Martin75 because: Added link to buy drone

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

That is cool, how far can you fly it without losing contact?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Awesome Syx and Martin!
Happy to see others enjoying my favourite past time.

I was out in the country side yesterday with my wife and kids, just driving around reminiscing about our old house in the country side.
We came over a hill and there was this picturesque farm with cattle and the mountains in the back ground. I had to get some shots of the place.

So i drove down to the farm and introduced myself to the owner, and gave him 1 of my business cards.
Asked him if i could do some filming and pictures of his farm. He said no problem at all.

We got to talking and I told him some of the services I do with my drone company.
He got really excited and asked if i could check his crop health.

I have an IR camera, that looks at the crops chlorophyll levels, and will display how healthy the crop is in whats called a Reflectance Map.

He asked how much I would charge to do that for him. I guess he liked my price and asked if I will come back and do it for him.
Landed a potential long term client and got some amazing pictures of the farm. It was a great sunday lol.
Just need a nice sunny day and it will be good to go!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Wow that is really cool. You could explode your business checking health of crops! Need some help?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yah Drones are Way cool!
It is nice that You have picked a long term paying side job, while enjoying a fun hobby!
Can't beat that!!

These are the other two I have.
The HotWheels Street Hawk is fun driving it around in parking lots,
then taking off, and doing landings, repeatedly! Fun Stuff!!

I have this little one, called Super Swift the size of Jess's, I call My Bug.
It is actually a little harder to fly, for Me anyway, than the larger ones.
Very touchy, but still lots of fun! Like most drones, the guards can be removed...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Drones are fun to fly Q! You would probably enjoy them!!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I love them Jess! VERY Fun hobby! And mostly harmless, well unless You are ME!! LMAO!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Funny story...well not at the time.

I let my son fly one of the helicopters i built a year back. It was small so i let him try it in the house....Worst mistake ever.

He took off, gave it full throttle, and instantly crashed it into my 2 week old 55 inch 4K big screen.
I almost cried. The tv was off at the time. So I grabbed the controller and turned on the tv. Sure enough, there was a cross hair mark on the screen. The T.V was 2 weeks old. Cost me $4500.00

Then i got a little sneaky.
I called the store i bought it from and said that I got it as a gift. And I had just opened it and when i turned it on, there was an indent in the T.V screen.
(I despise lying. But really, that T.V was brand new. )

Thankfully, the store said they would take it back, fix it and then resell it, and allow me to come grab a new one.

Needless to say, there is no more flying in the house.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Because of its small size I don’t let it get far but it has never gone out of range. I think the wind would get you before you got too far. LOL

That is awesome!!! You get to do what you enjoy AND you got a job!!! Woohoo for you!

I love the hot wheels one! I bet that is a blast to play with. I think my next purchase will be a larger drone. Yes, the little one can be very hard to control but is a lot of fun. When Danielle is around you need a helmet….she has a habit of bombing you! LOL

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We fly them downstairs. I could see tears over losing that brand new TV!!!!

Mine is so small I don't think it would do much damage, it only hurts a little when it hits ya. HAHAHA

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
OMG guys I just saw that we are expecting MORE storms this afternoon!!!!

This is forecasted radar from weather.com

They aren't calling for anything like last week but we so much water still here I don't think we can handle anymore!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It started raining here again also. Feels like fall outside.
So sick of Northern Canadian weather lol

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Oh no. That is not good!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Not good at all!!! Speaking of fires, are you close to that mess?

How warm does it get there? I always thought of it as cold until the bad fires, I couldn't believe the temps up that way

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The main fire is way north of me. 60,000 acres burned

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join