It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Good morning Chirp

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Hey Q!

Back to to the beach today?

Rub it in our faces with some pictures?!

LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh it was so scary. I couldn't find The Shed. But some friends helped me find my way back

Good morning everyone!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I might go later, I will send you a photo. Any plans on this great day?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Beautiful day out there today. Birds are happy and singing, sun is shining bright. Good Morning/afternoon Sheddites!

Earlier the site was moving as slow as molasses going uphill on a Winter's day! Now it's fine.

Morning Night!

Hope you had a good rest.

The site was odd for a couple of hours but seems back to normal now.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hello Martin, I could not get on ATS for a while. Now it seems ok -and faster too!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Gosh!

There you are!!!

Nothing from Skid and Chooch yet!!!???

Anybody?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I haven't slept much so I may disappear and take a nap.....but I won at pool last night. Woohoo. Lol

Chirp I love your mug!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I am really worried about Skid. I think he was in the heart of it. There are 24 dead and a lot still missing.

ETA: Not that I'm not worried about cooch but he talked like he was good. And he has checked in.
edit on 6/26/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Hoping his power just went out!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Morning my Sunshine! Yes I know. We had another attack of some kind.

I like how Q skips over saying hello to me and only says hi to you.
Hey Q,

LOL
edit on 26-6-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Bird ignored me too. Helllloooo out there, am I invisible?????????

I have been worried about Skid too, even sent a PM and haven't heard back from him. I'm hoping it's just the power that went out for him. I'm sure if the flooding was getting bad he would have evacuated to somewhere safe.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night Star, opps I missed you at the bottom of the page.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

LOL!!!!

I've got the music thread open, of course...jamming!

Texting a friend on the phone...

Saw something shiny...the usual!

Re: Q

He stalks me so, yeah...don't take it personal!

LOL

*sticks tongue out at Q*

edit on 26-6-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Hi Kaelci,

I now have to catch up all the pages I missed since yesterday (hi, everyone!), but will start by replying to you.

Sounds like you've found the way to write that works best for you.
And good to hear you've backed up everything.

Just one thing: you mentioned your "THE words" text is free of spelling mistakes, and it probably is. But there may still be typos. A few weeks ago I found what I thought was the only typo in my book that actually got into the final print version. The text has a repeat word (rested rested) and it got by everyone, in spite of me doing three different proof versions before I allowed the book to go into "release" print. But even when I asked a couple of visiting American friends to read the page which has that error while they were here a few weeks back, neither of them could find the mistake. I had to tell them what sentence it was in before they actually picked it up!

So, seeing as not even two very erudite friends could spot the error when they knew what page it was on, I decided not to worry about it too much. But when I was re-reading my book the other night (ie in print form) I found a typo about 120 pages in, where I had "women" instead of "woman". So I ran the the text document through the "find and replace" process in my word processor software and found exactly the same mistake again, about 80 pages later.

Naturally, those two errors got past spellcheck. But they also got past my proof reader/editor, plus yours truly and everyone else who's read the book to date.

Just revising the final proof took over 200 hours, but I never spotted those errors.

Very often, our minds don't even notice such mistakes because we subconsciously self-correct. Or, we read what we think the word should be. And the problem is, that means typos can sneak past. Repeat words are also very tough to pick up -- I managed to find "the the" three times in the first proof and once more in the second proof -- and where the error is something like "women" instead of "woman" you have to be totally focused and really reading every word to catch it. Which we actually do not normally do.

So, the message is simple: make sure you get as many people to read through your work as you can. And I mean people who really know grammar and spelling, and hopefully have some experience with picking up niggling errors. Even getting the extra help does not guarantee you'll catch every mistake, but at least you'll get it down to an acceptable level.

Assuming my book's text has no more errors, then it's averaging one per 40,000 or so running words. (One error per 120 printed pages in its published book form.) That's not too bad. With many self-published ("Indie") works the error rate can run to several words per page. I'm sure you've read Indie books that have made you cringe with their masses of errors, like authors who write "it's" when it should be "its" and apparently use editors who don't know the difference, either! You know your grammar, so you'll avoid those sorts of clangers.

edit on 26/6/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hello Bird and Mike! I hope Dada is doing well today.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hi, Night. She's very woozy today and is sleeping right now. Flaked out on the sofa in the living room. But it's a bit cooler, so at least she can sleep more easily. I guess she had some catching up to do.

Hope we hear from SkidMark soon. Could well be that the power is out and he can't get online. Even if he has a laptop with battery backup, that won't help if the local ISP's systems are not running. Their servers need power as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Good to see you Mike! Dada's napping sounds like a good idea. I was up at 4 AM and need some rest myself.

Hope Skid returns soon.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Good morning! I could not get on here at all yesterday. I kept getting a "Website DNS Servers cannot be found", error. A few days ago I re-installed Windows 8.1 and had no problems getting on here. Overnight it did the error thing. I did a refresh, and it is fine now. Odd, in the least!
Other than that, mostly all is well.
I hope We hear from Skid soon. It has Me spooked...
Going to do some investigating.
He lives in Summersville, WV.
Back soon after catching up on 12 pages backreading, and some investigatory reading/searching on that flood...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Good morning. If anyone has not watched this yet, it is amazing. I cried, got chills, laughted and then cried again.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join