It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
a reply to: Skid Mark

Sorry, sometimes I'm not clear with my words
I write like I speak. A mumbled jumbled mess.

(eta: when writing socially, I know I know, my story writing is fine, lol)

Your writing is awesome. It inspires us all. It makes the Shed what it is. A very Special place

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Thank you

Speaking of which, I need to continue my Shed story... So much writing! I have my story, the Shed story, the random stories that fly into my head, and I promised my newfound friend I'd write a story for them in the next day or two.

At least I'll have plenty of quiet time to do so coming up. Silver lining.

And also, I agree with what you said before - NZ is indeed a beautiful place! I've always wanted to live there, and in a couple of years it'll be a reality. Unless ofcourse shtf and it's the eotwawki within the next couple of years

edit on 12 7 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Goodnight Shedlanders far and wide! Wishing you love and light and all good things. The dragons will be keeping you safe as I sleep. Hugs!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't know where the last of my story is located

Previously!
He chuckled and shook his head, choosing to not say anything more on the matter.

“Vin ba elasa! I beseech you! Johne! Ba cael’na bin velasa! I invoke your power!”

With those words spoken, the runes woven into his robes burst into a golden light that shone brightly in the darkness! Illuminating all that stood before them, and he smiled once more as he motioned for her to begin moving.

“No point lurking about in the darkness; the creature knows that we’re coming. Let us go!”

The Next Installment
They stood tall and proud as they walked through the corridors; the runes woven within Darien’s robes glowing brightly and lighting their way as they attempted to once more find the throne room that lay hidden somewhere within the twisting caverns.

With the glowing light leading them, Kaelci could now see that these passageways were much taller than she had originally believed, the stone walls reached up high to the ceiling and were coated in thick strands of web, so thick that it appeared as though a mist was dancing about mere feet above their heads.

Despite the friendly glow of the golden light, a cold shiver coursed along Kaelci’s spine; she hoped that Darien knew what he was doing, he seemed so sure and confident… but a giant shoe? Where would one find such an item? She was fairly certain that no pixies were following them this time, of which she was gladdened, she didn’t trust those crafty creatures and she certainly did not trust that little pink-haired one.

They quietly strode through the passageways, Darien’s golden runes lighting their way, the steps of their feet barely audible though the cave system was deathly quiet, an icy chill breezed about them from locations unknown; the ominous place befit the despicable creature.

Many dreary corridors were passed before at last they reached their destination, having turned their final corner and coming face to face with the brilliant white room they had last stood in what seemed an age ago…

(I'm sorry, I wasn't very inspired, but, I needed to get them to that inner sanctum
)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!!! How is everyone? I cannot believe that my extended weekend is over, how did it go my so fast!?! I am now sitting at my desk at work sucking down coffee. I see I have a lot to catch up on, and story entries, woohoo!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! I will be popping in and out

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Good morning sweetie!! Another amazing entry!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Good morning all! Yet ANOTHER rainy day here.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Good Morning to you Martin, thanks for the coffee. How lovely you had a long week-end. Did you do any thing thrilling such as para glide by Niagara falls?

I am slowly getting better and my new other job is OK, I should really work by self. Being an animal person my communication is straight forward and assertive, no head games or hidden agendas, which isn't how most off the human race works. Yes is yes and No is no.
And on top of that in my profession, which isn't considered a such in the US. people are assumed to take this sort of job as a last resort, because they are to stupid to handle any thing else.
Well, where I achieved my degree, five years in Hells Kitchen, it is a respectable trade. Actually all trades are valued and revered.
Here it results in an environment consisting of a majority of people with low self esteem and minimal education. A dangerous mix in my opinion. Under dogs are all ways looking for a fight.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

What is your profession, if you dont mind me asking?

Sounds like it may be pretty cut - throat.

I know what you mean by yes is yes and no is no. Im they exact same way

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Oh Mac, rain is so good. I have all ways loved it. Especially where I live now, it keeps my nosy neighbor indoors. He just sits like a big fat old spider starring at every move I make in the garden or in my house.

I have experimented making a noise on purpose many times just to see if it was a coincidence. I bang something in the house, he turns and stares. He has even trained his odd son to do the same.
I know he is lonely and I have tried visiting but he gets personal.

Any way, rain makes for a nice day off, playing in the garden. My willows and trees need some tending. And the mint bed has a leaf problem I must see to so I can get a good harvest.

Any grand photos lately, and how is your day?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

What is your profession, if you dont mind me asking?

I don't mind at all, I have just become rather self conscious after ten years here being considered an idiot.
I am a Chef, I took my degree in Denmark, five years in hell, but worth every blood dripping moment. I loved the labor and most importantly the science behind food.
The amount of study is the major part of the trade, all trades.
I took additional courses to qualify for ships duty, including several certifications in Fire and Rescue for land and sea.
I thought when I moved here I would be well off.
Little did I know that food service is considered a plague, I will never get past just above minimum wage, but the worst part is how I am treated, people expect me to be as ignorant as they are. There is no drive to betterment or perfection.

Sounds like it may be pretty cut - throat.

I know what you mean by yes is yes and no is no. Im they exact same way

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Have you ever considered moving to Canada? Chefs here make a very nice living. Us Canadians love our gourmet food.

With your qualifications - Certified from Hells Kitchen, you would be very well off here.
Its a shame that your treated that way. Hopefully someone notices your true potential and gives you the wage you deserve.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Nothing really exciting in the realm of photos. I am however, headed underground shortly to take some video of a problem area that no workers are permitted to go. The floor and ceiling have been sluffing off causing the ground to be very unstable. We want to see exactly how far it has deteriorated. So I will have some video shortly, from about 2000 meters below the ground.

I will upload the video to my Youtube Channel and post the link when thats ready.

Yesterday I was driving past the dump and there was an enormous bear laying on a discarded mattress. lol it was like he was sleeping in a bed. Anytime another bear came near him he would playfully bat at them.

By the time i returned with my drone, he had already moved on to somewhere else

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Good morning. How are you? Today we are starting to film a documentary about the eroding coastline and how it will effect people in the future and how it effects us now.

edit on 7 12 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Good morning!! Oh that sounds really exciting! I bet it will feel good to know that you are working on something that will be helping others!
The beach I like to go to Edisto Beach has horrible erosion problems, they have to ship in sand to save the beaches.

edit on 7/12/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

To bad you dont have a drone. You could do a survey of a part of the coast line, then I could process the data and compare it to a future survey. Then you would be able to see exactly at what rate it is deteriorating.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I know, I wish I had a drone. I will talk to my new boss today. Its my first day working for him. I will feel out the situation today!
edit on 7 12 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I would not want to live here. This is a problem.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You tell him you have the best survey data analyst on this continent, ready and willing to start saving the coast line with his drone tech. lol

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I will tell him. I should learn to fly a drone so I could film for you and you do all the data.

new topics

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join