It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 8

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:09 AM

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I just found out that my friend died today. For real this time. It was actually this morning that she passed away but I found out not 5 minutes ago on facebook. I love how people tell me stuff.

Gosh Skid! Sorry again.

It's not my business, really, but when has that ever stopped me. Your friends don't seem very nice or caring. To find out that your friend died on FB is just sad and unthinkable to me. Also it directly may effect your living arrangements.
How un-thoughtful of them!

Even though it will be, I imagine, difficult to move perhaps it will be best for you in the long run. As far as energy, finding folks who truly care about you etc.

Good luck and again sorry for your loss and wishing you strength for your upcoming challenges.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:32 AM
a reply to: Quantum12
Um, that is a different photo than was there yesterday! Did you and Edie have a change of heart? It was very pretty anyway.

originally posted by: SyxPak
Speaking of which, CC and I are gong to a beer fest locally here.
Going to try to enjoy Ourselves there today! We, or at least I, will have a few for You's all!!
Have a good one everyone!!

Hi Syx! Tell CC hi and I hope she is feeling better today! I had an uncle who had all of his teeth pulled at once (don't recall how many he had left) and they shoved his new choppers up into his mouth nearly immediately. He said it was the worst pain he had ever felt for 24 hours straight but he felt it was the best way to do it, although he had no reference point.
a reply to: ClownFish
Haven't seen you around lately! *waves* I hope you are well!

originally posted by: Night Star
I am forever telling people that it's ok to share the bad things, the hard things in life they are dealing with because real friends care. Here in the shed we care, and we are always here, every step of the way. Big Hug!!!!!!!

Hi Night! I just wanted to 'bump' this as it is soooo true!
A long time ago I was struggling with a difficult personal issue and a little of it escaped here. Some members reached out to me and guided me and I am forever grateful. It really did help. There are just sometimes things in life that you are unable to communicate with those around you for whatever reasons. I still communicate 'off site' with some of them and consider them truly friends. Unless it's ever been experienced personally I'm not sure other folks may understand.

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I just walked out back, and my little Humming bird friend came down to see me. I was talking to him with little whistles and noises like I do. Its the same noises I do for the Doves. All of a sudden my Dove friend comes down right next to me for a visit. This ones name is Lonesome

'Lonesome' Dove.
I love the name. A fellow bird watcher! Seems I remember you saying that before.
We have mockingbirds here and they really are fun. They will sound off and you must listen and look to identify them as they truly are able to sound like almost any other bird, even frogs. I have mistaken catbirds for them often as they can mimic also.
Okay enough about that. I imagine everyone fell instantly asleep

May break up this lengthy post!
I just wanted to respond to everyone as able.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:54 AM

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Chirp. How is the fledgling. Did you know while the baby geese grow their flight feathers the adults shed theirs so both parties are immobilized.

Yes, and it is remarkable...nature...
The 'fledgling' is good some days. Still in her nest, hiding most of the time.
I have actually gotten more sleep lately and that helps me help her.

I have started researching a possible fluorescent light connection. The darkness truly helps but one can't live in the dark forever can they? Hope the job is going well and you are finding time to rest!

a reply to: BugWhisperer
Hello to you!
So glad you stopped in and I just STILL love that avatar!
So cute! Say hi to the Mr. for me and miss his writings!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

originally posted by: gimmefootball400
Sorry I haven't been around much lately for the past week or so. I've been trying to keep busy around the house getting some cleaning done. Had a wonderful birthday back on the fourth, a Monday, even though it did rain off an on most of the day. I find it kind of funny that we were under a tornado warning that day as well. I mean when I came home from the hospital after being born we had that kind of weather that day as well! Guess I must be living up to nickname of "Boomer" if that keeps happening.

Anyway.......... it's 80's night!!!

Happy belated birthday Chooch! Sorry we missed it/you!
I hope you had a great time and lots of cake!

We have had bad weather in the afternoons all week here as well. The rain has been fantastic and I am kind of glad that I live on this mountain ATM LOL. It should make the falls run wild (the rain)!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:55 AM

originally posted by: kaelci
a reply to: JustMike
(And I do thank you for your words also; I feel awkward receiving compliments, so, I don't thank people as often as I should, but I do! I thank you!)

Well, I suppose I speak for many when I say 'You had better get used to receiving compliments!'

Some day when your photo is on the jacket of a newly released novel on the NY Times bestsellers list you will look back on these day and know that WE told you so!

Your writing is fantastic, easy to follow, enchanting, inspirational and charming. Hey! Interestingly, I would use those same words to describe you!

You will have a sack full of compliments by the time you are an old woman like me! And hopefully some cash to go along with it! If you were already published you would have some of my money already! LOL

Now, I am taking up valuable real estate with all of my replies so I'll stop for now!
Hope everyone has an amazing day. I am awaiting someone to wake up so that we can go hiking again today!
They really do sleep in around here LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:39 AM
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Have fun hiking. Be safe and drink a lot. Of water. Edie cooked me dinner and we had some drinks.

We took a two hour beach walk under the stars and moon holding hands talking and kissing. I thought this was heaven until she pushed me in the ocean. I went and pulled her in too. So we walked back home wet and full of sand. We are going on her sailboat at 9:00 am.

Have fun Chirp!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:43 AM

You have fun too!!!

Hopefully I get some good pics of the falls!

You know my phone takes horrible photos so I think I will take a real camera today!

I just hate lugging it around when you can just toss a phone in your side pocket!

*BTW I just realized that you are up early!
I am still waiting on another one to wake up but if she doesn't want to go, I may have to go it alone!

edit on 10-7-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:31 AM

Well be safe if you go alone. Don't over hike. Lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:16 AM
It's okay. They strike me the same way.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:08 PM
a reply to: Quantum12 Hey Q. They had fresh Snapper at the farmers market today. I almsot bought some, but I opted for a fillet of Sockeye instead. Ill probably sautee it in butter with garlic, lemon, and capers tonight. I also bought some Shady Lady vine ripe tomatos too. Damn racoons got all mine

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:37 PM
Rest in peace sweet little Mousie the rat.

I'm crying for my precious little rat who just passed away. I know she was old and weak and it was her time to go home. She is at peace now. I have been praying that she would go soon. I had been taking her out of the cage to feed her and help her keep her balance. She would always wash her face and but had a hard time reaching to clean very far behind herself, so I would wet a cotton ball and help. She was such a little trooper. I picked her up in the wee hours of morn and she held onto my finger and I pet her. I had a feeling she would go any day now.

She was originally going to be food for a snake and I saved her from that fate and gave her a good life, one she deserved. Goodbye sweet little Angel. You brought me so many smiles and such joy. I love you baby girl!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:43 PM
a reply to: Night Star
Sorry your rat died. At least it was from old age.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:50 PM
a reply to: visitedbythem

They got all your tomatoes? That is sad. Sockeye sounds really good. We had capers on our Red Snapper win butter too I was really good.

We took her boat to Santa Catalina Island. It was a nice little 31 nautical miles across the ocean. We just made it back. I have sea legs lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:52 PM

Rest In Peace little rat. It's sad losing a pet. I have a painted turtle. She is a good girl. I can fedex her to you. I think.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:01 PM
a reply to: Night Star Im so sorry. I know what that feels like. Just remember all the good cuddles and companionship you and mousie gave each other

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:09 PM
a reply to: visitedbythem
Supposedly, raccoons don't like bright lights.
This site has a lot of things available to keep them away. I saw something on another site that suggests setting out a water proof radio set to a "talk" station will keep them away because the voices will scare them. I don't know how true that one is.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:11 PM
Thanks guys! I have lost many pets through the years and it is so very sad each and every time.

Q, I have a red eared slider turtle. So now it's, my cat, turtle and fish. Still teary eyed.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:21 PM
If you need a pick me up, I have something that might help.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:23 PM

I am sad for you. Can I ask, do you ever pick up your turtle? I wonder if they like it?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:27 PM

If you spend a lot of time with it perhaps. Mine is older and much bigger and you can pick him up and he likes to be out and looking around, but he will sometimes try to bite.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:28 PM
Have some things to do around the house. I'll be back.

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>