It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Hay. You seem to know your herbs. So I have a question to which I would like your opinion.
I use Black Walnut leaf as a pain killer and mild sedative. It works well and has helped me lower my blood pressure. The active compound is related to Valium.
My question is:
I have a dog, currently on anti anxiety meds while she is rehabilitated. It is working some what. But do you think I could add an extract to her food to gain more effect. She is terribly agitated because she has been confined for many years.?

Jewel Weed. I have searched for it with out success for years.

My favorite "go to" reference book is "The Peterson Field Guide" of "Medicinal Plants and Herbs" what is yours?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Is there a plug in for a coffee pot in here?

*looks around*

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I only know some of them - The main reason I knew about Jewelweed was because it grows like crazy up here, among several rather nasty plants (poison ivy, stinging nettles, giant hogweed, mandrake). When you grow up in a small little farming community, you sometimes get educated on these things. I found out about that in a book with a purple cover.

For me, I'm more interested in the stuff I can make or do something with: I'm good with finding things like onions, Heal All, Beebalm, and most kinds of mint. I've also made pine needle tea before (not recommended unless you're 100% sure you have needles from a pine) to help keep me from getting sick. And of course, I know what sumac looks like - Have yet to try making sumac lemonade.

As for giving an extract to your poor pup, I wouldn't recommend it, if only for the fact that while black walnut is safe for you, it might not be safe for the dog.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Hay new person. Yes feel free to plug in your machine. But I warn you, we will all be begging for a beverage around the clock. I take mine dark roast with a hint of cream but only two cups a day.

Martin usually serves coffee in the morning, Kaelci when it is morning for her "down under" and Visitedbythem is a true expert.

So grab a chair and settle down. How did you find us?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So I see Q is engaging in amorous circumstances, that is lovely, he is probably a charmer.
Visitedbythem has encountered ghosts, which spurred my curiosity, all though I agree to distance one self from them.
By the way Sir, I didn't want to jump on you when you first came to our little haven, but does your name elude to our brothers and sisters beyond the earth or to other dimensional being on earth?
Martin. I do hope you are well. You sound cheerful as usual.
Chirp. How is the fledgling. Did you know while the baby geese grow their flight feathers the adults shed theirs so both parties are immobilized.

I know I am leaving some out here but we have a life time to catch up.

edit on 6-7-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Does any one ever read this?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hello to those I missed

And Hugs.

I got another job, which is keeping me very busy on top of the other one I have.
A little too busy, but the meds are working and so forth .....
And it is all ways a pleasure to walk through the door, read a story and see how my dear Shed is evolving.
My sweet heart all ways asks about the latest updates.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Is there a plug in for a coffee pot in here?

*looks around*

Coffee pot is usually on at all hours as we have people from different time zones in here. Pixies are always happy to serve folks coffee and breakfast as well as any resident. Don't worry, you'll never be without in this place. Welcome to our magical realm! Good to see you!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Congratulations on your new job Honey!

With the black walnut leaves, you have to be careful because some medicinal herbs should not be taken long term, sometimes they can affect your prescriptions meds where you won't get the full affect. Like anything, there is always a risk for an allergic reaction. Research online at more than one place before deciding on any medicinal herb.

Great to see you!!!!!!! Hugs!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Night Jeez I haven't seen you for too long.
a reply to: Night Star
I am up because I work late now and need to wind down.
How are you my friend?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Thank you for the welcome!

*plugs in coffee pot next to a little pixie, giving it a nod and stern look*

I take my coffee very seriously.
*pats the little pixie on the head*
No foolishness with the coffee..
*turns back to walkinsilence and smiles*

I have not been in the shed in a long long time, I think since the first shed waaaaay down the lane.
In fact, have not been able to be on ATS much either due to a move and new job.
Working on that though.
Nice to meet you.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Good to see you too Night Star!
It has been a while.

Hope all is well!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hanging in there Sweetie!

Just found this, the site lists the good and bad of medicinal herbs.

Black Walnut Side Effects: Not for long term or chronic use, the juglone in black walnut has carcinogenic effects. Can be toxic if not used with proper care and respect. Remember anything that can kill a tapeworm has the potential of being harmful to the host.

www.anniesremedy.com...

It is the sites that will list both the good and bad that I would pay attention to.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes I know I have to be careful and I am, don't worry.

I have found that taking a mild tea with Walnut and Grape leaves two hours before work settles me down. And I have completely changed my diet and added a well researched amount of supplements so I expect to be off the meds by the time of my next appointment in September.

The no salt, no sugar, no processed food, low caffeine thing is driving me nuts though. What am I supposed to munch on, grass? I used to think I was a conscious consumer with a few vices. I have only had fish and veggies for five months now.

I want a big fat steak. with gravy, mashed potatoes and corn swimming in butter. And a pork roast, breaded chicken, cheese cake, ........butter.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Hope we can see more of you now!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Usually with strict diets like that, people can only follow them for so long. If there are things you enjoy, have them, just limit them. I'm having to reach far over to type, feeding the poor elderly rat. Quite a project. I put doubled up paper towel on the table and offer her pieces of this that and the other thing that is recommended for elderly rats.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That is an awesome reference, thank you.

See the leaves don't contain the same compound as the hulls, I have researched it. The "shell" or hull on a fresh green one have anti casronogentic effects when just rubbed on the skin. Plants are fascinating. If we knew more about them "Big Pharm" would be wiped out.
Hugs in bundles

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I'm trying to be around a bit more.
lol
Love the meme.

c(_)

*sip*

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Snuggles up to your dear rat

I am sorry she is doing poorly, but even if she is traveling to another realm I am sure she is comfortable in your loving hands.
She knows, don't doubt it.
You would be my first choice to call on in that situation.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Usually with strict diets like that, people can only follow them for so long. If there are things you enjoy, have them, just limit them. I'm having to reach far over to type, feeding the poor elderly rat. Quite a project. I put doubled up paper towel on the table and offer her pieces of this that and the other thing that is recommended for elderly rats.

Just keep her comfortable and give her Love

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
She is eating, though it takes us like an hour and half or more sitting here. She has crackers and peanut butter, hard boiled egg and mayo, oatmeal with maple and brown sugar, tomato, strawberry, banana, cashew. Everything is in small enough pieces for her to handle. Her fate was originally to be snake food, so I did good by her through the years.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Rider, your Granddaughter is so precious!!!!!

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join