It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is this why Trump let Lewandowski go?

page: 1

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
So, it seems that the former campaign manager for Donald Trump is now...a commentator for CNN?

I mean, remember this...

Lewandowski himself has had his own run-ins with CNN reporters. In November, Lewandowski warned CNN's Trump embed Noah Gray to "get back in the pen or he's f------ blacklisted," according to a recording of the incident. In another incident, Lewandowski reportedly physically pushed Gray away from Trump.

Former Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski is joining CNN as a political commentator, according to a source familiar with the arrangement. It's a salaried position and will make Lewandowski exclusive to CNN, effective immediately. Read more: Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

My first thought would be is this a way for Trump to try to capture CNN now also? FoxNews we know praises him as well as asks tough questions but it is not like Lewandowski did a bad job. He led a candidate to the largest GOP primary showing in history.

So, what think you ATSNN? To me, this is a great way for the Trump campaign to get into CNN, reach viewers and give more objective views. Trump has a long standing history with Zucker and it is mentioned in the article. The media is the outlet to the soul of many a voter out there. I cannot see this as anything other than planned.
edit on 06pm30pmf0000002016-06-23T14:52:23-05:000223 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:06 PM
So doing something all politicians do and try and influence the media with friendly people?

Well since he does everything else like a politican I wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
Could be he was offered the job after it was published the CNN reporter was a liar.

He may have started a preliminary lawsuit against CNN.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:42 PM
If CNN hired him then he's turned on Trump and plans to assist their 24/7 anti-Trump news cycle.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
a reply to: matafuchs
The general election requires a different strategy than the primaries.

LOL Lewandowski still speaks well of Trump. Please people with your "turned on Trump"
edit on 23-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:47 PM
a reply to: ksiezyc

He does indeed. I think he may have been payed off but I still haven't heard a bad word said. Trump just wants to adjust his strategy.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:48 PM

He didn't. I saw two brief interviews and in both he was loyal and grateful to his former boss.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:23 PM
I read he tried to slime trumps son-in-law

you don't mess with family

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:01 PM
He was fired because Trump had a months jump on Clinton sewing up the nomination and that gift of time should have been used to surge ahead in the polls, secure fund raising, secure the GOP, campaign in battle ground states, retooling Trumps image into one a positive, intelligent professional one and focus on Clinton.

Instead Trump got into fights with Veteran groups, minorities again, the GOP, women again, did no fundraising, scared away the GOP, attacked everybody, meandered around random states campaigning with no plan, and ended up dropping in polls and with his image at its lowest point yet.

Now maybe Lewandowski had a plan and Trump just ignored it. Either way he was either clueless on how to run a general election or not taken seriously by Trump if he did. Either way he had to go and it had nothing to with CNN.
edit on 23-6-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:35 PM
a reply to: Sillyolme
To you and WideEyes, exactly what I'm saying. Others however seem to think otherwise?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:34 PM
a reply to: MrSpad

You sound like all the people in July who said he did not have a chance. My point was it looks to be a great move. He backed him in the scandal with the woman who lied which amazingly disappeared from the media. The guy ran an incredible primary campaign. He did better than those with the money and connections.

So, with Trumps links to CNN's primary I thought it was a good move. Next will be someone from his campaign working for MSNBC. If that happens we know it is in the bag.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:54 AM

Now I'm not saying he shouldn't have been fired. He was not working out let's say.
As a Hillary supporter I wish they'd kept him myself.

top topics