It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Plans To Build A U.S. Military Space Base To Stave Off Intergalactic Threats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
Of all the tv shows Stargate comes closest to our reality I think

I never watched that show. I was busy at the time.

Well in the show basically you have modern day humans stumble upon ancient technology superior to their own.The military explores it's capabilities eventually reverse engineering it to their advantage and with the need to match the capabilities of the off world aggressors who pose as gods to lesser advanced races meanwhile the normal world continues in it's normal frame of reference.

Yeah, I kinda remember what the show was about. I just never had time to watch it. Great concept, though. Maybe not that far from the truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Logic suggests they have trillions of dollars in infrastructure already up there ,16 million admin fees more like

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

intergalactic

adjective | in·ter·ga·lac·tic |ˌin-tər-gə-ˈlak-tik

Simple Definition of intergalactic

: existing or occurring between galaxies

If this is true then this would be for preparation for a threat(s) outside the Milky Way GALAXY

Amazing technologies here can "detect" sense that far out. Potential threats...
edit on 7/4/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
At times 1 has pondered considered if there are Large Celestial Organisms Abyssal "swimmers" of some type that with having the Abyssinia medium to grow in possibly would grow to sizes of moons or small planets if not larger (think massive extremophile like creatures) hydra eyes and so can survive out there.
Further considered what would the outcome be for civilizations that came in contact with them...
It's possible if some astral out there something(s) may be detected existing between Galaxy. However it's not recommended unless you're sure of astral paths back and of your spiritual integrity. Just seems odd to be blank in-between Galaxy. Personal astral at least picking up Celestial objects that somehow where flung outside Galaxy or got there somehow? and seem to "roam" silently or float hidden from untrained technological observation equipments, science here may pick some of them up if not already soon...

edit on 7/4/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
In case anyone skipped pages two and three, the 16 million is for software for the enterprise system. The company I work for has the enterprise name in the software name as well. It means it works for the entire company or enterprise.

It would be nice to hear one day that an earth like planet has been discovered in a nearby star system and that DARPA has developed a spacecraft to send explorers there in our lifetime even if those explorers are robots. Who knows, if the skunk works projects are 50 years more advanced than what we've heard about, then maybe we're already exploring other worlds. I extrapolated the 50 years more advanced than what we heard about based on a tv show about past top secret revelations and how long they took to be revealed to the public. That would be cool if we were already using hyperdrive engines that could bend space time. I'm not sure if hyperdrive is a good term or not, it just popped up in my head.

Now if someone would just invent a quantum communicator, we could have instant communication everywhere. It just needs to use quantum entanglement so that information transfer is instant.
edit on 4/7/16 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
In case anyone skipped pages two and three, the 16 million is for software for the enterprise system. The company I work for has the enterprise name in the software name as well. It means it works for the entire company or enterprise.

It would be nice to hear one day that an earth like planet has been discovered in a nearby star system and that DARPA has developed a spacecraft to send explorers there in our lifetime even if those explorers are robots. Who knows, if the skunk works projects are 50 years more advanced than what we've heard about, then maybe we're already exploring other worlds. I extrapolated the 50 years more advanced than what we heard about based on a tv show about past top secret revelations and how long they took to be revealed to the public. That would be cool if we were already using hyperdrive engines that could bend space time. I'm not sure if hyperdrive is a good term or not, it just popped up in my head.

Now if someone would just invent a quantum communicator, we could have instant communication everywhere. It just needs to use quantum entanglement so that information transfer is instant.

I think you're right.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

yes and the big gun they mounted on the moon base in that movie was said to cost trillions

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FREEMINDSOFMAN

Explains why ufos sightings are down. We are already patroling the skies.

This has already been done and financed.

[ETA: Ooops! Did skip page 2 and 3! But not much has changed]
edit on 28-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: iam drunk

edit on 28-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: iam drunk

edit on 28-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Grammar nazi

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This is as much of a joke as the Senators in southern states selling Zika virus for funds from the Feds for their corporate backers in big pharma.

DARPA can't protect us from something they can't see or doesn't know is there.

These big industries conspire to create media narratives to create public demand for the government to pick up the tab on funding and to get it through the FDA faster.

That's what this is. The manufacturing of a new idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join