It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Plans To Build A U.S. Military Space Base To Stave Off Intergalactic Threats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
This means one thing for certain.

There already is one.

True. Very true! It's probably been around for 20-30 years. Maybe more....

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The writer is...ahem...overly dramatic and underly accurate.

The $16m is for phase I of planning out a software test bed, so that various chunks of software can be integrated and checked out.

Not for intergalactic warfare.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

DARPA's projects usually involve conceptualizing and pre-engineering, in order to bring future technology much closer to the present. If they were "actually" building, the costs would be much greater. Still, I've always found their budgeting to be ridiculously low, considering their goals and accomplishments. From things I've read over the years, they are one lean, keen, thinking machine.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

DARPA and the RCO are about the only two offices I'd trust with any kind of money.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I would hope the "aliens" haven't seen the Star Wars series of films where the "rebels" disable the shields. This scenario works either way, it's just a matter of perspective.

I'm not a whiny feel-good kind of guy, but I think $16MM is ideal funding to develop a PLAN OF PEACE negotiation policy with any such beings. Do this and make it public, publish it for the whole of the Earth and make it binding, a no-hostility policy.

This way, our intentions are known friendly, decided upon in advance. Of course there is a degree of flexibility, but the policy should be that no extra-terrestrials should visit the Earth or Moon without invitation, and that invite that may be retracted.

The exception being if the "aliens" can show they were here first....(makes classic flying saucer sound)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I guess I always figured the word "intergalactic" pertained specifically to the space between galaxies, while intragalactic (a term I've never actually heard and which probably isn't a real word) would pertain to the space within a galaxy. Similar to interstate and intrastate.

So I went and looked up "intergalactic" in the dictionary, and I was right (one of the definitions is "the space between galaxies"), but apparently it's also a fancy way of saying "in outer space."

So I guess an intergalactic threat could be a comet, asteroid, rogue star (good luck with that one), gamma ray burst, or who knows what.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: FamCore

I'd be willing to bet that any "intergalactic threat" would be able to wipe out a U.S. space defense system with much ease.
At any rate, it is a cool idea.

Why a budget of only 16Mil? That's chump-change for Space development/infrastructure.....

Because they are just coding software. That's it. It's a new, better integrated real time monitoring and planning software that can take into account all the space junk floating around, satellite positions and other space objects.

Meant to replace the more complicated but very advanced, technical programs that track and project space object positioning.

(From the sounds of it).

The OP incorrectly recognizes "Enterprise" in the press release assumes or interprets it as something to do with Star Ship Enterprise, but its more like Microsoft Enterprise Sever Software.

its primary goal the creation of an advanced enterprise software architecture for a testbed for tools that will integrate a full spectrum of real-time space-domain systems and capabilities.

www.darpa.mil...

DARPA Link Source

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
The writer is...ahem...overly dramatic and underly accurate.

The $16m is for phase I of planning out a software test bed, so that various chunks of software can be integrated and checked out.

Not for intergalactic warfare.

This is 100% correct. For detailed specs on the Enterprise Software Project
Here's a link for a PDF on the project bid specs

Here's the page for the outline of the project bid

link   
I thought interstellar threats were bad enough, but intergalactic? the spaceships must be the size of solar systems, easy to spot loooooong before they get here, thankfully.

link   

edit on 24-6-2016 by pikestaff because: did not need two replies.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

More a case of reading too much into it. Hallmark is currently developing a real time command and control system for space based operations.

www.darpa.mil...

You mean they are releasing a little bit of the Jack o neil spaceship?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This means one thing for certain.

There already is one.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Surveillance...and more.

Israel's in on that gig too. But you'll have to trust me on that one.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Surveillance...and more.

Israel's in on that gig too. But you'll have to trust me on that one.

yes they decided to go with this design instead of the black doritos. Although they can form up into this shape.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Thanks. I suppose I prematurely jumped to conclusions.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Of all the tv shows Stargate comes closest to our reality I think

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04

I never watched that show. I was busy at the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: TheKestrel04

I never watched that show. I was busy at the time.

Well in the show basically you have modern day humans stumble upon ancient technology superior to their own.The military explores it's capabilities eventually reverse engineering it to their advantage and with the need to match the capabilities of the off world aggressors who pose as gods to lesser advanced races meanwhile the normal world continues in it's normal frame of reference.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shakeno admantium is a comic book material iy needs neutron degenerate matter like found in a neutron star yes i know thats 1 theoritical and 2 minute you removed it from neutron star gravity field i thnk it my decompress rather violently

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join