It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Van Driver In Freddie Gray Case Found Not Guilty On All Counts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Cops are always innocent. I worked for the Civil Rights Commission for 15 years and I saw many cases where a cop would kill someone and the right wingers all would say "The cops have a right to defend themselves". Well in Cincinnati the cops pulled a sleeping drunk man from his car in a fast food restaurant, handcuffed him, and six officers then proceeded to beat him to death because he didn't respond to their commands fast enough. The restaurant had video of it. The City appointed a commission to look into it. The verdict? Guess....

"THE POLICE HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES" it's appalling and unbelievable. There was video of a handcuffed man being killed by 6 officers and the man deserved it because he was guilty of being drunk and he had smoked pot. It's not a bleeding heart liberal thing. It's real and it's happening all around us.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Good, glad to see that mans life wasn't completely ruined due to the misbehavior of that hoodlum. Now maybe they will dismiss the rest of the charges on the others. As always there are a few simple ways to make sure your encounters with law enforcement are less stressful and non-lethal.

1. Shut up (like it or not they are in charge while you are detained)
2. Sit Down
3. Keep your hands in plain sight
4. DO NOT RESIST OR RUN
5. Obey ALL lawful orders

Or hey novel idea, stop breaking the law! If you just behave yourself they have no reason to bother you in the first place.

Hmm... what law did he break?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Greven

actually he most likely beat his head for one reason or the other really make no difference.
from the 5 th stop to the 6th stop at the booking station,one other prisoner, donte allen was in the van.
right after they stopped at the booking station, allen told homicide detectives, that he heard freddie banging his head. this was before the story broke.
then when after the story broke and he talked to the DA he contradicted his story, in public in a news interview.

the judge even slammed the DA for not disclosing to the defense that they had spoke to donte allen.

Why does every bit of footage show Gray not moving around much?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

A policy violation doesnt always equate into supporting a criminal charge, especially if the policy s enacted like it was here. The other problem is because the PA was in such a rush to charge they never allowed the internal investigation to be conducted. Its difficult to argue a policy violation occurred when you dont have an IA investigation report to support it.

Agreed, in general a "policy" violation does not equate to a criminal act, policy itself may follow the law or a law BUT is not a law on its' face (beyond foreseeability, gross disregard, acute negligence etal. )...

All I have read so far points to there is zero evidence to even attempt to try and convict.

I will stand by my original point and expand: One horrible, incompetent, malicious, obvious, short-sighted self serving States Attorney playing the race card desiring center stage as a means to advance her career upon the body of a man she would have never known 'of' had he not passed under her ambitious watch.

She tried this in the press from day one with full national attention. She lost big AND GAMBLED WITH THE LIVES OF PRESUMED INNOCENTS to advance an agenda, polical movement and career. A change of venue would have been next.

If there was any evidence it would be there and danced upon, every second of the day for weeks on end.

Why are there none here demanding her resignation?

Bless Judge Williams, he see though the complete BS in these cases

mg

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Cops are always innocent.

Lost me above....sounds like you should start a thread.

15 years, you could make some good points.

mg

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

A man who committed no crime died from injuries incurred in the custody of the state, and what - you think the D.A. should ignore it?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No crime?

What is that source he was wrongfully arrested?

Ahh, also these guys were transport, yes?

If he was aressted for "no reason" as you state...would that not be a huge issue? AND if that were true I would argue with you, on your points and side.

Sorry it is not.

mg

edit on 23-6-2016 by missed_gear because: spelling]

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What crime did he commit? I didn't say anything about wrongful arrest.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

if you watch the footage you see him walking, standing, and bending on his own and he wouldn't have been able to walk with a almost completely severed spinal cord which was the cause of death.

go back to my first replay to you and read the second link that i post in my edit.
edit on 23-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Simply,did the van driver make any dangerous driving that could have caused his fatal injuries?Reports say they didn't.Hence the driver isn't guilty.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Wrongfully arrested suggests no crime.

Please source that he committed "no crime".

mg

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Again, I've said nothing about wrongful arrest.

I asked what crime he committed.

As I have asked this repeatedly, and nobody can answer what he did wrong, then would you agree that he committed no crime?
edit on 17Thu, 23 Jun 2016 17:21:24 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

he ran from police when they looked at him while on patrol in a neighborhood where they DA and cops were increasing drug patrols, naturally they would chase him.
when they caught up with him they found a knife that they thought was illegal that's why he was arrested.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

he ran from police when they looked at him while on patrol in a nerherhood where they SA and cops were increasing drug patrols, naturally they would chase him.
when they caught up with him they found found a knife that they thought was illegal that's why he was arrested.

Is running from the police a crime?
Are you quite certain that he was arrested when they found the knife and not because he ran from them?
edit on 17Thu, 23 Jun 2016 17:22:33 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

yes, it's called evading arrest.

Are you quite certain that he was arrested when they found the knife and not because he ran from them?

well as much as one can be, i mean a known criminal, who has been arrested before on drug charges runs.
here is a snopes for ya.
Freddie Gray Rap Sheet

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

yes, it's called evading arrest.

Are you quite certain you know what you are talking about here?
edit on 17Thu, 23 Jun 2016 17:28:51 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

see my last edit

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

look , your the one that has no clue, been shut down every time you say something.
with facts from the case.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Yes...'reasonable suspicion" (especially in a high crime area)

Supreme court ruling, irionically Chicago case, Jan 2000.

mg

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

look , your the one that has no clue, been shut down every time you say something.
with facts from the case.

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Not really. I had not seen the footage that did capture him on his feet before, though.

Might want to read up on real law.

Fleeing from the police is not a crime, if the police have not detained you or issued an order to you.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join