It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Van Driver In Freddie Gray Case Found Not Guilty On All Counts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Caesar Goodson, the third Baltimore officer to go to trial for the death of Freddie Gray and the person charged with the most serious offenses, was found not guilty of second-degree depraved heart murder, reckless endangerment, second-degree assault, and manslaughter on Thursday morning. The verdict was handed down by Judge Barry Williams, the same judge who cleared Officer Edward Nero of second-degree assault and reckless endangerment in May.

BREAKING: Van Driver In Freddie Gray Case Found Not Guilty On All Counts

so the third one is found not guilty, i bet dollars to doughnuts that the rest will be to.
all this publicity stunt did was cause a rift in the public, and destroy a lot of property.
edit on 23-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I am torn over this whole thing.

Freddie Gray went into that van without a broken neck and he came out with a broken neck.

I really doubt that he broke his own neck.

Someone, at least one person in the police department is responsible for that man's death.

I am totally against the property destruction that went on as people rioted because of what happened.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Freddie Gray went into that van without a broken neck and he came out with a broken neck.

Someone, at least one person in the police department is responsible for that man's death.

I am totally against the property destruction that went on as people rioted because of what happened.

Well for one, he could not walk before they even took him to the van. Maybe he was dead man walking already? He also has a history of hurting himself in the past, AND a guy riding in the van with him said he started thrashing around, on his own. So with all that said, it is no surprise these cops are being found not guilty.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 23-6-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Its hard to say if he was "acting" but from the "arrest" videos, it looks like he may have been injured before he was placed into the van.

I would link the videos but the language is not ATS appropriate.

But apparently this idea of cops punishing or torturing suspects while transporting is not new.

Rough ride (police brutality).

A rough ride is a form of police brutality in which a handcuffed prisoner is placed in a police van without a seatbelt, and is thrown violently about by driving the vehicle erratically.[1][2][3]

Other terms for the practice include "nickel ride" (a reference to carnival rides),[4][5] "cowboy ride",[2][6] "joyride",[7] "bringing them up front",[1] and "screen test" (as the prisoner may hit the protective screen behind the driver).[3][8]

Rough rides have been implicated in a number of injuries sustained in police custody, and some commentators have speculated that the practice contributed to the death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore, Maryland, in April 2015.[1][2][6]

Throughout the U.S., police have been accused of using aggressive driving tactics to "rough suspects up", resulting in numerous injuries, and millions of dollars of damages awarded to victims and their families.[4][6]

edit on 23-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Its hard to say if he was "acting" but from the "arrest" videos, it looks like he may have been injured before he was placed into the van.

Yes, I noticed that too. He was injured before they even put him in the van. Maybe both sides of this issue are responsible for his death.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Another massive government failure.

The prosecutors aren't too good at their jobs are they.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: gladtobehere

A bad situation that happened to get worse.

Dead men don't tell tales, and it just so happens to be convinent as all Hell in this case.

(I'm not saying guilty) but I am saying that these types of behaviors from LEO's is NOT an isolated incident, and are all too often covered up/swept under the rug.

Yes, I noticed that too. He was injured before they even put him in the van. Maybe both sides of this issue are responsible for his death.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

They never should have been charged in the first place as they broke no laws.

Mosby should drop the remaining prosecutions and ask these officers how many 0's they want after the 1 on the settlement check she is going to be writing to them. The GPS tracking for the police van showed only 2 minor traffic infractions. Failure to completely stop for 3 seconds at a stop sign and for making a wide right turn, crossing center yellow. The wide right cuts down of g force for prisoners in the back. At no point were there sudden stops or starts and no speed limit was exceeded. The driver actually stopped at one point and checked the people in the back.

The fact the prosecutor in this trial was sanctioned by the judge for committing a brady violation speaks volumes. For instance the ME telling the detective on 2 separate occasions the death was accidental.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: butcherguy

Well for one he could not walk before they even took him to the van. Maybe he was dead man walking already? He also has a history of hurting himself in the past, AND a guy riding in the van with him said he started thrashing around, on his own. So with all that said, it is no surprise these cops are being found not guilty.

iTruthSeeker

Yes, there is reasonable doubt.
I understand that the cops are not being found guilty. In a good system of justice, more people that are actually guilty get away with their crimes than innocents are found guilty.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm not surprised but I am disgusted.

Business as usual for the jackboots.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: atomish

Familiarize yourself with the law and facts of the case before running your mouth.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: atomish

Familiarize yourself with the law and facts of the case before running your mouth.

Dude is allowed to have an opinion.

Familiarize yourself with COMMUNICATION before attempting to stifle it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Using the term jackbooted thugs while failing to understand the laws involved or the intricacies of the case is not an opinion - its ignorance. I am not stifling anything. Just pointing out his mistake.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

all this publicity stunt did was cause a rift in the public, and destroy a lot of property.

You see that guy that just got away with it? He's the one who destroyed all that property and caused all the rioting. Him and whoever else was responsible for that murder.

I don't blame the public one bit for this and I hope it happens every single time and cost us so much money and property damage that eventually, police brutality becomes too much of a financial liability to not address.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

The damage to the city was caused by people who have no concept of law. They wanted revenge for something they did not have all the facts for, which is a problem. if you want change and accuse the police / what have you of not following the law it would behoove you not to violate the law to prove a failed point.

This situation was not caused by the police.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 6/23/2016 by atomish because: Need to follow my own advice sometimes

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The damage to the city was caused by people who have no concept of law. They wanted revenge for something they did not have all the facts for, which is a problem. if you want change and accuse the police / what have you of not following the law it would behoove you not to violate the law to prove a failed point.

I stand by what I said. For every unarmed person needlessly gunned down by police officers, I hope there are millions in damages and spent resources as a result. And yes, that would be the fault of the officers involved.

Once people realize how much of their tax dollars are wasted as a result of police brutality, they will demand a solution. If each murder costs the public millions of dollars, it would stop.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Agreed.
I would be willing to bet that a lot of the looting was done by people that had no cares about Freddie Gray.
For some of them, it was about what they could steal from the pharmacy or shoe store.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Freddie Gray was not gunned down by police. He died because he beat his head on the floor of the van. Destroying property you dont own because of an action by the police is about the stupidest thing I have ever hard. Do the property / business owners who had their property destroyed have any rights in your world?

Once people stop playing the race card and interjecting their uneducated / ignorant interpretations of how they think the law should work, while thinking it does not apply to them, then we might get somewhere.

How much tax payer money has been wasted by the City of Baltimore with their payout before any court action? How much tax payer dollars did the PA waste by trying to prosecute when no law violations occurred and doing so only because of the ignorant / uneducated view of the law I mentioned above?

Destroying private property doesnt cost the city. It costs the property owners and the fact you do not understand that concept is scary and I think serves as a PERFECT example of some of the issues we have in our society today. While you can't fix stupid, you can vote them out of office. Civilians in the other hand, and with your mindset, will continue to drag the curve down and will not resolve any of the issues you raised in the short nor long term. if it worked, it would be fixed by now.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Millions. It cost the local, state and federal government millions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join