It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in German Town of Viernheim at Cinema Complex

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: SprocketUK

At Bataclan there were 2 and they started shooting immediately. That's an entirely different scene. Also I agree it's better to go in, but in this case...
...set phaser to stun or something.
I guess it's good to know the SEK is ready. Willing to kill.
Maybe it was planned as suicide by cop? Now every idiot with a gas pistol will want to try.

It ain't Hollywood mate, the longer you leave it the more time a real terrorist has to set up ieds or actually start killing folks.

The information at the time meant the guys on the ground had one option, to go in.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The big local newspaper says the perp was wearing a mask, had a long gun, pistol, and a hand grenade. Four shots were allegedly fired. The perp was not carrying any ID, and was acting erratically.

www.faz.net...

-------------------------------

Update:

Cashier Suri Blaka, 21, said the gunman walked up to her holding the long gun and forced him into the theatre, which held about 40 patrons, ordering everybody to hit the floor. Blaka described him as slightly built, 18 to 22, black hair, speaking accent-free german. He is supposed to have appeared after he walked out of a toilet. He wore combat boots. Police don't know what the motive is, but they are sure it has no connection is radical Islam.

www.morgenweb.de...

edit on 23-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Crazy how fast you all were in the the thread pushing the agendas, you all are just as bad as the msm you loath so much. Pretty ironic actually.

It's funny,(as in funny peculiar) that! ...it's hard to find a decent reporter these days.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Could be the gunman was unhinged by the asinine, juvenile fare being offered at the theatre.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So german police went in there, saw a threat to themselves and killed the lunatic.
That´s how it´s done, not waiting for three hours, no orders to pull back when the attacker is surrounded...

They say the guy had psychological problems. Maybe really sucide by cop.
Will see what the next days will bring...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
.. not waiting for three hours, no orders to pull back when the attacker is surrounded...

The German version of SWAT cleared the theatre. It must have taken some time* to get there, so apparently they did wait a certain time to engage the gunman.

---------------------
*Or if they got there really quickly, that would by itself be suspicious.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

But they didn´t wait outside the surrounded cinema complex, while inside a lunatic kills people.
Or they didn´t shoot from the inside into that building, not knowing who will be hit...

But i am really wondering, that something like this worked, here in germany...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

no duh, of course it takes time to get to a location. what he was talking about was waiting three hours after getting there.
on top of the 8 cops who had the one in Orlando pinned down in the restroom for twenty minutes and then told to pull out.

edit on 23-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

14:45 was the emergency call, 18:00 they declared the situation was over.
Took 1,5 hours. The rest was because he had hand grenades and an explosive belt.

edit on 23-6-2016 by Peeple because: Correction

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ok seriously y'all....

Did he have a Hitler mustache, or a turban?

Inquiring minds want to know!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Am I the only one who finds this a bit disturbing?
He took hostages, didn't hurt anyone, was shooting blanks and the German police tear gases everyone shoots the guy...
I am speechless. There surely would have been a better way to solve this than full forces.

Or it could be that it was an islamic terror attack, which the presence of a suicide belt would indicate as well as reports of broken German speech, and people are in fact dead, but you or I won't hear about it. The news cycle out of Germany seems to be 'move along, nothing to see here'

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You do understand that there is really no way for responding polizei to know the difference between the shooter using blanks or bullets, correct? They sound the same, produce the same muzzle flash, etc.

So, if you're implying that the polizei should have been able to know this and to cuddle the shooter into submission instead of using appropriate deadly force based on what they should have presumed was happening, yes, you are probably one of the few that find the outcome "a bit disturbing."

Also, you never know when the next round won't be a blank, as they all load the same way. You expect the polizei to gamble with the lives of all of those people like that? That is a disturbing thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Why is nobody asking the question, "who sold him these blanks, and why?" Did someone realize he was mentally unstable, and sold him the blanks to hopefully save lives if he snapped?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Because you can buy them in every hunting shop. No controls at all. You only need to be over eighteen to buy the pistol.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

And yet, they are ineffective in killing people. Was this guy so unstable he thought blanks would be a good choice for this assault? If, he purchased them himself.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I really haven't got the faintest idea. I can only assume he had no idea how much attention he'd get.

He must be very, very unstable.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Unlikely, I know, but maybe an elaborate "suicide by cop"?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Probably because that's going to be hard to figure out, unless he used a card for the purchase, and in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter because (I assume in Germany) selling blanks is not illegal.

What should be the main focus are two things: The guy was obviously crazy and it should be questioned if he was receiving any sort of appropriate treatment (and if not, was he suicidal?), and; no innocent people were shot or killed, which is a good thing and really ought to be celebrated, as that is one of the best outcomes to one of these incidents that has happened lately.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
The big local newspaper says the perp was wearing a mask, had a long gun, pistol, and a hand grenade. Four shots were allegedly fired. The perp was not carrying any ID, and was acting erratically.

www.faz.net...

-------------------------------

Update:

Cashier Suri Blaka, 21, said the gunman walked up to her holding the long gun and forced him into the theatre, which held about 40 patrons, ordering everybody to hit the floor. Blaka described him as slightly built, 18 to 22, black hair, speaking accent-free german. He is supposed to have appeared after he walked out of a toilet. He wore combat boots. Police don't know what the motive is, but they are sure it has no connection is radical Islam.

www.morgenweb.de...

I found this article that states that a suicide belt and grenades had been found on the scene..are we certain this isn't Islamic Terrorism?

Read the link here: www.rt.com...

"An armed man who was gunned down by the police at a cinema complex in Viernheim, western Germany, had a hand grenade and was wearing a suicide belt, German Bild newspaper reports.

According to the paper, the grenade was discovered by the police after the incident.

An eyewitness told Bild that the attacker was speaking in “broken German language.”

The police said that they currently have no leads linking the man to radical Islam, and other motives are being looked into.

A masked man entered the cinema at midday on Thursday. According to initial reports, he was carrying a rifle and had cartridge belt around his shoulder.

Cinema employee Guri Blakaj told Reuters the gunman, who appeared to be aged between 18 and 25, told workers to get into an office.

The attacker then went into one of the cinemas from where the shots were reported.

"I realized that something had happened. I called the police and ordered the staff to leave the house immediately,” one of the managers at the cinema was cited as saying by Bild.

One of the hostages, Almir H., 16, told the paper that the gunman ordered them to lie down on the floor in the toilet, threatening to shoot if the hostages didn’t obey his command.

When he ran out of the restroom “there were apparently four shots, but I do not know whether that is true,” he said.

Initial reports claimed that 20 to 50 people were injured in the incident. But police later said that all hostages were released unharmed after the perpetrator was neutralized."
edit on 23-6-2016 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Am I the only one who finds this a bit disturbing?
He took hostages, didn't hurt anyone, was shooting blanks and the German police tear gases everyone shoots the guy...
I am speechless. There surely would have been a better way to solve this than full forces.

German's don't have as much experience in these matters as Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join