It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in German Town of Viernheim at Cinema Complex

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

What about the shooting (assassination) of Christina Grimmie, 12 minutes away from the Pulse nightclub, 1 day prior to the shooting? I think that's closer to the genesis, and it's barely being talked about.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Shooter dead

The interior minister of the German state of Hesse, Peter Beuth, confirmed that the man was shot and killed after police stormed the complex.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
From what I can understand gun man killed noone else shot, the 50 hurt people were affected by tear gas, thats the best info I have

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Am I the only one who finds this a bit disturbing?
He took hostages, didn't hurt anyone, was shooting blanks and the German police tear gases everyone shoots the guy...
I am speechless. There surely would have been a better way to solve this than full forces.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
German Weapon laws: ((since this will most like come up when people start looking it this in more detail))

Firearms-Control Legislation and Policy: Germany

Wiki: Gun legislation in Germany

"The second amendment became effective on July 17, 2009. It introduced routine verifications of safe firearms storage by local firearms control offices at the homes of licensees. It also tightened the conditions for continuous necessity. A constitutional complaint (Verfassungsbeschwerde) was launched against the law, alleging a violation of the inviolability of the home, guaranteed by Art. 13 of the German constitution."

A firearms ownership license (Waffenbesitzkarte or WBK) or an entry to an existing WBK is mandatory for each weapon purchased. It entitles owners to purchase firearms and handle them on their own property and any private property with property owner consent. On public premises, a licensed firearm must be transported unloaded and in a stable, fully enclosing, locked container. A weapons ownership license does not entitle the owner to shoot the weapon or carry it on public premises without the prescribed container. Owners must obtain mandatory insurance and a means to securely store the weapon on their premises (a weapons locker). Blanket ownership licenses are issued to arms dealers, firearms experts and – with limitations – to collectors. Today, there are ca. four million legal private gun owners.[15]

A number of criteria must be met before a firearms ownership license is issued:
age of majority (18 years) (§ 4 WaffG)
trustworthiness (§ 5 WaffG)
personal adequacy (§ 6 WaffG)
expert knowledge (§ 7 WaffG) and
necessity (§ 8 WaffG)

Inheritors of legal firearms can obtain a permit without having to demonstrate expert knowledge or necessity, but without them, the firearm has to be blocked by an arms dealer (§ 20 WaffG) and an inheritor's license does not include the right to acquire or handle ammunition.

Persons who are
convicted felons
have a record of mental disorder or
are deemed unreliable (which includes people with drug or alcohol addiction histories and known violent or aggressive persons)

are barred from obtaining a firearms ownership license.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Am I the only one who finds this a bit disturbing?
He took hostages, didn't hurt anyone, was shooting blanks and the German police tear gases everyone shoots the guy...
I am speechless. There surely would have been a better way to solve this than full forces.

Gotta see it from the ground.
If it looks like a terrorist op and quacks like one you have no choice but to take him out at the first opportunity.
German police don't mess around. Munich taught them that lesson.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Sorry, but no "modern terrorist" takes hostages.
If he were that dangerous he would have at least hurt someone. He didn't.
The police just killed him.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: Irishhaf

Too late. We have already projected it by being premier arms suppliers to the region.

what? i hope you realize that germany has some of the best arms companies in the world and germany is one of the biggest arms exporters, also german arms imports are basically nothing so how is it our fault?
edit on 23-6-2016 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Yes I agree it can happen anywhere, I'll leave it at that, I would like to see better training, storage..etc in the U.S. that's all.
Peace.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: unphased

It's a gas pistol that anyone can buy. It fires tear gas cartridges but looks practically identical to a normal pistol.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Keep reading my later posts....

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Am I the only one who finds this a bit disturbing? He took hostages, didn't hurt anyone, was shooting blanks and the German police tear gases everyone shoots the guy... I am speechless. There surely would have been a better way to solve this than full forces.

The police didn't know he was carrying blanks at the time, so yes, deadly force and teargas is justified.

edit on 23-6-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Sorry, but no "modern terrorist" takes hostages.
If he were that dangerous he would have at least hurt someone. He didn't.
The police just killed him.

They had hostages at the Bataclan...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli
I have to disappoint you, it isn't a 'Muslim". There are reports that it was a crazy right winger.. Again.
edit on 23-6-2016 by WombRaider69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Saying on skynews that there was no actual shooting by the gunman, he just had some hostages... he is now dead though.

Wonder if we'll get the Identity of the guy involved.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

hmm i see, well i kind of rushed there sorry.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Saying on skynews that there was no actual shooting by the gunman, he just had some hostages... he is now dead though.

Wonder if we'll get the Identity of the guy involved.

Probably a German nationalist then.

Still, no way can you go down that road and not expect gsg9 to not come busting down the door.
It's what anti terror cops are paid for, to keep the innocent from harm.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This could be used in one of 2 ways:

People will either see it as way to vote out of the EU on safety concerns or they will see it as another step towards radicl right-wing propaganda in the media to sway people to vote staying in and to the left...

one way or the other... we will have radicals running the show in Europe!

Which way does one vote?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Crazy how fast you all were in the the thread pushing the agendas, you all are just as bad as the msm you loath so much. Pretty ironic actually.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

At Bataclan there were 2 and they started shooting immediately. That's an entirely different scene. Also I agree it's better to go in, but in this case...
...set phaser to stun or something.
I guess it's good to know the SEK is ready. Willing to kill.
Maybe it was planned as suicide by cop? Now every idiot with a gas pistol will want to try.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join