It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in German Town of Viernheim at Cinema Complex

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Speculation is fine... healthy even to a point..

I seriously doubt this happened because we were running guns to southern Germany... thats a fairly ludicrous statement.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not directly. If this came form the black market, then where do you think it came from? Odd are high it came from one of the areas America is supplying with weapons. If found not to be the case, fine. But, we can't just ignore the possibility because of political expediency.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

You suggesting that Germany has even remotely the number of gun deaths as the US..like comparing a sprinkle of rain to monsoon type rain..try again.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

My guess would be Russian or Chinese for the weapon. Europe is allegedly full of these type of weapons, mainly from Eastern European places. I doubt there will be too many American made guns circulating the black market.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Shooter was firing blanks. All injuries were from tear gas. Situation over.

www.rt.com...
Focus reported that the man was only armed with a blank weapon, and that tear gas was the cause of all injuries.

edit on 23-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Same old ATS... so let me add this:

The incident was no terrorist attack.

If you want to own firearms in Germany, you can. Legally.

Germany is currently #3 among the world's largest exporters/producers of weapons.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Edit to change...

It was a gun firing blanks its a moot point.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Irishhaf because: to fix

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

There's been at least 4 mass shootings in Germany in the last twenty years, so it isn't totally unusual.

Of course, America has that many every week.

But you have a third of a billion people, very many are destitute. Germany only has 80+ million people.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I predict the suspect will turn out to be someone associated or linked to the anti-immigrant parties, as a covert attempt to demonize that political opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Most recent data available from CDC (2014) lists suicide as one of the leading causes of death (could be by firearm), but homicide isn't even on the list

link
edit on 23-6-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The Paris attackers were said to have got them from the Balkans and Russia. Doubt they will have come from America when there are black markets for guns a lot closer to home.a reply to: Krakatoa

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
On the Spiegel website, they are saying that he was [apparently] a 'confused' lone shooter and terrorism isn't suspected...

www.spiegel.de...

Mann habe es sich mutmaßlich um einen verwirrten Einzeltäter gehandelt, hieß es aus Sicherheitskreisen, ein terroristischer Hintergrund läge offenbar nicht vor.

Really bad Google translation:

Man have it acted presumably to a confused individual perpetrators , it said security sources , a terrorist background obviously would not be before .

I am just wondering about the words: presumably and probably ...nothing actually confirmed.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

There's been at least 4 mass shootings in Germany in the last twenty years, so it isn't totally unusual.

Of course, America has that many every week.

But you have a third of a billion people, very many are destitute. Germany only has 80+ million people.

Yes, 320/80 = 4 times as many people live in the USA...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
here are some interesting facts about guns in germany.
according to Der Spiegel magazine, Germany was ranked forth in the world for gun ownership in 2013.

Yet Germany ranked fourth in the world for guns per capita in 2013, according to the magazine Der Spiegel. A national weapons register, which Germany has been required to maintain since 2013, along with each of the other 27 member nations of the European Union, reports 1.5 million gun owners, with about 5.5 million weapons. A major difference with the United States, experts say, is that gun ownership in Germany is a privilege, not a right as guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the American Constitution.
Germany Faces Few Mass Shootings Amid Tough Gun Laws

also even with their strict gun laws, and they have 1.5 million registered owners with 5.5 million guns registered.
there are estimates that there are up to 45 million guns in the country.

However, estimates of the actual guns in use go up to 45 Million.[3] While gun ownership is widespread and associations and ranges for shooting sports and the use of historical guns and weapons in festivals are not being tabooed, the use of guns for private self-defence purposes is restricted.

Gun legislation in Germany

edit on 23-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Fair enough. Thanks for the background education on this stuff folks. I am not above admitting when I could be wrong. In this case, that seems to be the case. Especially if he was shooting blanks. We would NEVER sell blanks to foreign nationals. LOL

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

This is what happens with globalism. It doesn't stop the morally superior europeans crapping all over our policies when something horrible happens in our country (US). So when something horrible like this happens in an area where rights have been stripped away from its people, it is relevant to the ripe that is spewed in our country (US) currently. This makes it obvious that stricter gun control doesn't stop these mass shooting events from happening. Stricter gun control only affects law biding citizens. The criminals still do what criminals do. Stricter gun control only makes it easier for them to do it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'm suggesting that the incessant foreign whining and lectures about US domestic laws gets very tiresome, especially when this can and has happened elsewhere. Regardless, in this case, thankfully, it appears that they got lucky and this idiot either had a fake gun or was using blanks.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Awe shucks!

I’m sure a lot of people are disappointed there wasn’t more carnage

Look deep into your heart

…and we wonder why

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Soo, out of curiosity - in the most weapons strict country in Europe, how does any civilian get their hands on tear gas..?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This event neatly backs the current attempt here in the US to pass more gun control laws. Watch for this narrative to play out:

"See, they have the same nutcases in Germany, but he couldn't kill anybody because he couldn't get a gun! We need to have the same gun laws Germany has."

You can bet this incident had its genesis in Orlando. Note the obvious parallels: how the original reports referred to hostages, and said 20 to 50 injured; just like Orlando PD initially claimed 20 dead and then suddenly 50 dead.
edit on 23-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join