It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know I've kinda grown a real dislike of humans....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: lavatrance

Off topic, I guess this is, but not really. After watching some of these, I really wonder about the mentality and emotionality of a person that would collect such videos and put them on ATS to, evidently, in their mind, prove a point.

Because the anger has transferred, got inside them and they carry it around with them. There it festers, consuming them until they let it out or redirect it at others.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Agreed...as the world changes, 'survival of the fittest' kicks in...not so much survival of the happiest

Yes, to me it seems that this is the case. This false sense of social darwinism, that we are all nothing more than individuals and success and happiness are dependent upon our individual and competitive survival skills.

But my thinking is that we as individuals will not make it through all of this on our own. That in reality the only reason that humans have as a species managed to make it this far is in our potential ability to work together, to put aside that idea that only the strongest win. The strongest among us should never forget that with out tribal support, with out our potential to integrate differing skills and talents, we would have died out long ago.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Misanthropy.....a great topic.

it seems to me that misanthropy tends to have a basis in the startling realization that "they" (the rest of the world), with all their weaknesses and obnoxiousness, are the same as you.

The misanthropist looks in the mirror in disgust at his own potential.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Man Saves Dog Trapped At The Edge Of A Dam

Published on Jun 17, 2016

A very brave thing to do. A man saves a dog trapped at the edge of HPP dam.
A truly courageous act of kindness. Risking his life a man saves a dog stranded on the edge of HPP dam in Russia.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Heh
Stop watching these kinds of videos on the internet.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Heh
Stop watching these kinds of videos on the internet.

Hahahaaha!! This was virus free ...and from Russia !! Hahahaha! And makes me feel good to boot!!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.

Once I had the misfortune/fortunate experience of being stuck for a while at a job that involved "providing customer service." I learned very quickly that most people if they have the opportunity and feel safe doing so will not hesitate to take a crap on you if they are sure they can get away with it. For no reason, either. And that was all sorts of people from all walks of life. Needless to say I got out of that job as soon as I could without causing my wife and children any risk of instability.

I too can only count on one hand anyone, other than my wife and children, people I can trust to be a decent person no matter what.

I purposely moved to a small town with a small population, and now I work in IT where contact with other humans is blissfully minimal.

And yeah, if the fit ever hits the shan, I have no doubt that most other people, at least in US society, will devolve into real animals.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Misanthropy...the story of my life.

I've always been one of those quality-not-quantity people when it comes to friends. I could easily count on one hand--maybe two--the people in my life (other than family) who I trust implicitly.

I guess that I'm not a true misanthrope, as they are defined as having a hatred for the entirety of the human species, but I certainly have a heaping dose of it, for sure. I think that it stems from hearing my mom always say, "I hate stupid people," then growing up to realize that the vast majority of humanity IS stupid.

Couple that with the inability in contemporary times to communicate in person by people who rely mostly on text speak and have no respect for others, and it's no wonder we are like we are.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The misanthropist looks in the mirror in disgust at his own potential.

Wish I could give you some kind of prize for that

(post by makemap removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

"You've won an all expenses paid, 2 day/3 night, round trip for 2 to ATS...."

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
My policy
Be polite , be friendly , trust no one : the false smiles hides the knives theyre waiting to stick in your back .

Rely on no one - anytime time you need help theyll always either be nowhere to be found or have a dozen excuses why they cant help . You want something done its best to do it yourself rather than rely on others .

Things like honour , honesty , courtesy and compassion are dead in todays world .

Prefer to have nothing to do with people anymore been stabbed in back by them far too many times . Let the world burn as its not worth saving .

good point

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
like I hate putting people down. You want to look for the good too right. But the challenge I find is that eventually you kinda just have to call a spade a spade. Like I don't know it's just sad. I almost include myself in the bunch though. I have a lot of character flaws. At least I''m not scared to admit it. But ya like it seems as if about 99% of people that one might encounter are not going to be there to help you, add to you, move you forward, or add any joy or benefit to your life. They'll only take away. Then there's like the 1 out of 100 that has something to offer. Has some redeeming quality about them that makes it worth spending time with them. I just don't understand it. Maybe it's more of a north american thing though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join