It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I just had somewhat of a revelation; if the thinkers, doers and upright citizens of these war torn and/or third-world countries are denied immigration passage and forced to stay in their own countries, this might be better in the long run. They will be forced to stay and help bring their country into the 21st century instead of leaving the lowest common denominator behind to wreak havok. It may sound insensitive to those hard workers who deserve a better life but if we're talking about BIG picture, less lives could be lost, less problems in general, and ALL countries will progress instead of the gap widening further and further between advanced and non-advanced countries.

This is kind of monumental for me as I've been on the fence about immigration pretty much my whole life.

Congrats to UK 🎉🇬🇧🎆 and I hope others will follow. Hopefully this might impede the excelerating corporate globalism too.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Some of the newspaper headlines here in the US:

"See EU later!" LOL!!

Congratulations!! We are proud of you!!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

I starred you but I have thought of another way to look at that... What tends to happen in those types of situations the doers and thinkers get killed, which leads to less doers and thinkers in the world and so maybe it's better they do get to seek refuge. Better alive over here than dead over there!

I don't have a problem with immigration, but unchecked immigration is just asking for trouble! I'm sure everyone likes to have friends over to their house from time to time, but imagine having an open door policy where anyone can come at anytime, it's just not reasonable and not exactly safe. lol

For once I am actually a little hopeful for britain, but we still actually have to see this through, it's not over yet unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Fascism at its finest they don't want to hear what the people really want. This was a response to a post about the Danish demo not allowing a vote back on pg 39 (quote missing) sorry.
edit on 6/24/2016 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Bully for the UK.

I see France,Italy,Netherlands want a vote.

And here in America they are saying it could signal a Trump Presidency.

A snowball effect.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Marine Le Pen (French National Front ) Changed her usual Tricolour for a union flag today
Can the world get any stranger?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Bully for the UK.

I see France,Italy,Netherlands want a vote.

And here in America they are saying it could signal a Trump Presidency.

A snowball effect.

The so called 'snowball' effect is very real. What the UK achieved last night is even bigger than a Trump presidency should it happen. We have wrestled freedom back to our shores against all the odds.

The question for America is, can she do the same? Time will tell.

As for the rest of Europe - France is already on the way out. Le Pen has a massive lead in the polls heading into next years election and she has promised a referendum - FREXIT. It's over for Europe. Fascism has been defeated, it's just a matter of time till it's demise and I unashamedly say that Britain led the way.
The land of hope and glory has FINALLY stood up to be counted again.

I feel sorry for the Germans - they will be left holding the baby. At the end, It will be them , plus a host of poor nations and an influx of economic migrants from the Middle East and Africa. Merkel has taken them back to the brink of destruction with her scandalous policy of flooding their country with muslims who have no intention of assimilating.
edit on 24/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Marine Le Pen (French National Front ) Changed her usual Tricolour for a union flag today

She is a brilliant woman and true patriot. Smeared horribly by the corrupt media run by Brussels, she has stood her ground and is almost certain to win the top job in France next year.
edit on 24/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I have a weird feeling that the people who fervently voted to leave will be the ones that are most negatively affected by it.

They will now know the true consequences of ignorance.

Absolutely mate... the poorest and most disadvantaged will be hit hardest by the Tories only this time they don't have the safety net of the EU to catch them.
The people voting as some sort of protest against the "Establishment" have just allowed Boris Johnson to be next PM.
The NHS will be privatised within a decade, I guarantee it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: muse7
I have a weird feeling that the people who fervently voted to leave will be the ones that are most negatively affected by it.

They will now know the true consequences of ignorance.

Absolutely mate... the poorest and most disadvantaged will be hit hardest by the Tories only this time they don't have the safety net of the EU to catch them.
The people voting as some sort of protest against the "Establishment" have just allowed Boris Johnson to be next PM.
The NHS will be privatised within a decade, I guarantee it.

Quit with the doom mongering. Project Fear was defeated.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The question for America is, can she do the same? Time will tell.

I doubt it.

We don't have an article 50.

The people are too content being slaves

I wish it was otherwise.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Ahh.... the far-right sticking together, ain't that cute?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just think of all that extra money now going to the NHS....oh.....wait.... I wonder why it was written in big letters on a bus?

www.independent.co.uk...

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.newstatesman.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Ah, so the uk is a far right organisation now?

It's grade A debating like that which lost remain the referendum.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How does that work ?

The vote was for LESS government not MORE.

And that makes them 'far right' ?

Geez.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I'm a liberal and voted out.
I see the eu failing and think us getting out now was our best bet.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Oh dear.
Got to laugh.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Just think of all that extra money now going to the NHS....oh.....wait.... I wonder why it was written in big letters on a bus?

www.independent.co.uk...

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.newstatesman.com...

You think the decision to leave the EU was based on £350m a week going to the NHS?
How very funny.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

If you think that people voted leave because of anything the politicians said I think you're mistaken , this has been on the cards for years just nobody was stupid enough to give the people a vote until Cameron mistakenly thought it would unite his party.

Just shows you can pay all that money for an education but it doesn't make you smart.
Bullingdon Boys.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The point was, leave was not going to be leave, although the twat politician had stated this IE the PM DC stated he would invoke this immediately? but as we now know, he side stepped this for what end to let Boris invoke it not a chance more is going on here do you not think?

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52 >>

join