It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas
That is what is scary. Back in 1987 (black Monday?) many people that I met when I grew older had one of the hardest days of their lives. Most of what they had saved for their retirements disappeared and they were forced to work way beyond what they had ever imagined.

I hope it doesn't hit the UK that hard but I'm afraid that it will be hit even harder considering the shaky state of the UK itself.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey
absolutely one of my favorite books...the name 'Shalmirane' still gives me chills just reading it....

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey
...(double-post)

edit on 24-6-2016 by Sandy9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Sad to hear The Brits leaving the EU , but many are voting by emotion about the current situation with the wars in Syria and the immigration and job losses I guess?

Well, what will happen now ,will, other countries follow and the EU be completely obliterated ?
What I do think is that referendums should have been from the start ,and Europeans would have felt they actually had something to say within the EU decision makers.

But, that's just it the rich didn't want that to happen , and now they are losing a lot of money , but, don't forget that majority of middle income and lower income citizens will see prices rise like hell I guess .

Many will cheer for winning and think their votes have had to mean for once, I really hope they were right and I will see how this will set off in the future .

One thing for sure today I'm going to fill up my tank of gasoline !

Congrats to those who won today

edit on 0b31America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 02:50:31 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 02:50:31 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

it was at 10% earlier..

right now the markets are running around panicking with their hair on fire.. give it a week it will calm down and some people will feel pretty stupid.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

...give it a week and some people will feel pretty stupid.

Yes, I imagine they will.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChopText
Do you really think it will take only a week to work out world wide trade agreements? Only a week for the repercussions to settle down and ...?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

But I've got to order some engineering products from Germany. My costs as a Brit have just gone up sky high. The effects are happening right now and before you ask no Britain doesn't make what I need, 95% of my sourced material is from the EU, namely Germany.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NiteNGale2

nope, all that will take time.
But the market is panicking right now, 10% losses, gold, oil blah blah blah.. its a massive over reaction that the rich elite predicted and are making a killing off right now

BREXIT was spoken about at the bilderberg meeting a couple of weeks ago.. this was all planned and prepared for so they could make money off of it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

its the weekend tomorrow.. put of buying until wednesday or thursday.. sure clients would understand the marking mess right now and be reasonable about it....

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

So the 1% is put out for a week? What about the people who actually voted for this? How long will it take them to recover if they are relying on any investments for their futures?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Why are you sad to see the UK leave the political EU union? It is the best possible move for us, we need to have control of our own country, we need to have control of our own borders. The UK is a great place to live and that is why it is so attractive for many people to want to come here. I have met many many immigrants and heard their stories and many of them are really blown away with how things work here.

The immigrants that I have met have all worked and never claimed any benefits (baring one that is claiming working tax credits for his kids). Mostly they come from really run down countries where they have no jobs, no rights and no laws to protect them. For instance I know 2 Russians that have come to the UK via some link they had with Latvia, as Latvia is part of the EU over they came. They told me stories of working in Moscow where it is possible you don't get paid for 3 months! Then they can maybe give you a little because you are begging for something! They asked me to imagine trying to feed your family with no money! There are no benefits either like we have here. They were amazed that we recycle and have tips to take your waste. In Russia you just dump it anywhere apparently.

The same stories I have heard from Romanians, Bulgarians, Polish etc etc... How many brits want to go to these countries? Yet they all want to flock here to enjoy the way of life our forefathers created and fought for. We just can't have open borders to these countries! The UK is too small and much of our culture has been eroded already.

It might sound like I am anti immigration and that is not the case, my girlfriend is an immigrant... XD But I understand exactly where they are coming from and why they want to come here so much but unfortunately our tiny little nation just can't deal with this kind of influx and to be honest the brits here shouldn't have to suffer because of it. We are suffering too, I have seen how job standards have dropped due to the increased labour. For instance it used to be the standard that if you work over 40 hours you begin to get time and a half, not any more, I am now seeing many companies paying a flat rate no matter how many hours you work. Just one example...

We need immigration and I love meeting people from all over the world but we need to be selective and there needs to be some sensible caps. I mean imagine, soon Turkey will be joining the EU and 1.4 million Turks said they would come to the UK when the gates open... Nothing against Turks but sorry this boat is already overflowing!

I really don't see why we can't still "get along" despite not being entangled bureaucratically.

I have to say that I am amazed that we are leaving, I never thought it would be allowed to happen! But still I will wait till the cord is finally cut before I believe anything!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Yeah you're probably right. Thanks for the advice. I just worry if Sterling drops loads then things are going to get real bad as all my stuff is sold here in the UK as part of an engineering chain in the middle. Thanks for the advice btw

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
FTSE 100 Already on the bounce! lol... Traders will be LOVING this turbulance! I have done a little trading in the past and even I am tempted to have a little play with this! It has crossed my mind also that this was setup so a few people could make a lot of money... But maybe that's just my conspiratorial mind...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Will you keep Cameron? That's a big question, because of the negotiations about the brexit terms.
Will Scotland and Northern Ireland stay with England or the EU?

And what will happen inside the EU now? Will Denmark follow? The Netherlands? Italy?

So many questions!
But I am kind of happy, it is over. Cards on the table.

Denmark, The Netherlands and Italy would be filing for bankruptcy in a couple of hours if they decided to leave.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Sad to hear The Brits leaving the EU , but many are voting by emotion about the current situation with the wars in Syria and the immigration and job losses I guess?

Well, what will happen now ,will, other countries follow and the EU be completely obliterated ?
What I do think is that referendums should have been from the start ,and Europeans would have felt they actually had something to say within the EU decision makers.

But, that's just it the rich didn't want that to happen , and now they are losing a lot of money , but, don't forget that majority of middle income and lower income citizens will see prices rise like hell I guess .

Many will cheer for winning and think their votes have had to mean for once, I really hope they were right and I will see how this will set off in the future .

One thing for sure today I'm going to fill up my tank of gasoline !

Congrats to those who won today

Many did vote on emotion, on both sides. That is human nature. However, many also voted with detailed knowledge and importantly, experience. The significant majority of those voted to leave. The only reason it was even close is because young people voted overwhelmingly to remain. Many of them have been brainwashed by EU propoganda their whole lives and do not remember the sequence of lies and corruption that led to the current EU set up.

As for the EU now, well it's over in my view. Britain has led the way and the rest of Europe will follow suit. This will embolden the public across Europe to vote with their minds and not be scared of being called a racist or bigot by evil manipulators in their media and governments. France will vote in La Pen, for example. and she will take France out of the EU.

The world will not collapse. Some markets will suffer short terms as globalists throw their toys out of the pram, but in the medium term this is a great boost to the world economy. A great nation has shed itself of it's leash and I assure you the productivity of the UK will sky rocket as a result.
edit on 24/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Hmmm nah, they could just say "see ya" to the bankers and of course their credit rating would be in tatters but they could just deal with their own affairs and focus on making their own country strong without the need for "credit". It blows my mind that every damn country is in debt with each other or some banker! It's just one big scam to enslave the people for generations to come.

Isn't it crazy to think for example that the future generations will be paying our debt... This shouldn't be allowed...

The whole system is a mess and I just pray that this is maybe the first domino to fall that brings the entire house down! We need a fresh start that for once listens to reason, logic, philosophy and science.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Well , maybe because the uncertainty about Europe and my own country and trade relations maybe also military and our safety . I'm from The Netherlands and I think I more or less feel sad because losing a country we as dutch always had good relations with.

And now thinking, that our government will keep their senses to find a constructive way to keep trade and job relations between our both countries going as before , without interference of Brussels to choose sides and regulations..

But , as said before they did well and make a devastating statement for Europe.

a reply to: UKTruth

Somehow I know it will , it's more the uncertainty that makes us now a bit nervous I guess?

edit on 0b16America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 04:48:16 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 04:48:16 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Nothing is stopping mutually beneficial deals being made though... We have great relations with America yet we don't have open borders, open borders is just a crazy concept. Everything will be fine, there will be some fear mongering as always but I can't see many cutting their nose off to spite their face.

I don't see Norway and the UK having any problems in the future, I think we're both a reasonable bunch.

EDIT: I'm curious, now that the UK is leaving the EU, which country will be the next goto place for economic migrants? What will be the effect on countries they chose to populate? Maybe it will put more pressure on them to leave too? I also wonder how many people are packing their bags and looking to enter the UK during the 3 month window that cameron has provided?

EDIT: Oh and I didn't touch on the military aspect, sure there are questions to be answered on that regrad though I'm sure we have deals in place that are seperate to our involvement in the EU. Like our membership in the UN etc. But I think controlling our own borders gives the UK a +1 for security.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The media has already started to turn to lashing out at Farage and Boris Johnson. Just a few hrs have passed and they are asking for guarantees that the £350m a week EU funding will be spent on the NHS and then getting hysterical when they can't get an answer. What a joke. I'd like them to explain how that can be done right now before any exit negotiations have taken place. If we really are to be free again then we need to make sure the media are wiped clean in this country and proper journalism is restored.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52 >>

join