It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I wonder why the Scots even want to remain in?

Is this yet another decision dictated purely by "# the English?"

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JustXeno

Haha I know right.

Maybe after this England, Wales and Northern Island can have another referendum to leave the UK and form a new one without them

Referendums can be fun after all...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raven95
leave 7,504,821
Remain 7,065,048

Leave has the upper hand.

Dang...That's exciting!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Don't go by the coloured regions, so far, 897,801 Scots want to leave, 1,511,388 want to stay....that's still a lot of leave voters in Scotland.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cvsouth

It would sound good to be able to answer the question "where do you come from?" with the answer England, yh let them do it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
What is expected to happen if it's a vote to exit? I mean both short and long term. Short term being celebrations/protests over night or tomorrow and long term being the political/economic fallout.

Long exit of at least 2 years. There will be lots of protests either way and I would not be surprised if the vote was ignored. It is not a vote that needs to be acted upon.

If it's a vote to Exit and the politicos hedge and don't actually exit, then what? That seems insane to me,

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I wonder if the EU realises if they use strong arm tactics to destroy the UK economy that it'd result in them coming with us.

I'm 100% convinced Eurocrats are not real people. Just robots built to be the most hate-able people on the planet

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Exactly. If England voted not to jump off a cliff, Scotland would vote to run and jump head first to their deaths.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

What is expected to happen if it's a vote to exit? I mean both short and long term. Short term being celebrations/protests over night or tomorrow and long term being the political/economic fallout.

Long exit of at least 2 years. There will be lots of protests either way and I would not be surprised if the vote was ignored. It is not a vote that needs to be acted upon.

If it's a vote to Exit and the politicos hedge and don't actually exit, then what? That seems insane to me,

Its possible. The referendum is only 'advice' to the govt. It is not binding although it would almost guarantee the govt would lose the next general election. The closeness of this vote may well lead to some severe turmoil not juts in the UK but across Europe.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I can think of one big reason.

SNP.

After the Independence a lot of people in Scotland became passionately political with 48% of the country wanting independence and recently polls suggest that number has grown. The SNP throughout this campaign have said that if Scotland votes differently from the rest of the UK it will demonstrate that there is a mandate for a second referendum for independence.

As such a lot of SNP voters and pro-independence voters are going to vote remain to create that difference from the UK to create that mandate for a second referendum on independence. So that coupled with those who would have voted remain for other reasons I think is what is created a strong remain result in Scotland.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The EU's economy is amongst the worst in the world in terms of growth. Getting out will have a massive long term benefit to UK growth.

That's because your growth has been stagnated and controlled by the big boys in Brussels... those folks that you've never met and never voted for.

Control your own destiny and watch the UK slowly gain back the prosperous industries that died off decades ago.

And if the world's economies are going to go down the tubes... then I'd still want my country to go down on it's own terms, NOT somebody elses... with the ability to pull itself back up by the bootstraps on its own terms, and again NOT on someone else's.

But that's just my own two pence worth... you guys might feel differently.
edit on 23-6-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hackney 78.5% Remain.

Wow what a shocker

/sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's closing up again - Remain just closed 150k votes

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm gonna be so knackered tomorrow...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Have you seen Farage ripping into them in EU Parliament? He's savage and they just sit there smiling.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: UKTruth

The EU's economy is amongst the worst in the world in terms of growth. Getting out will have a massive long term benefit to UK growth.

That's because your growth has been stagnated and controlled by the big boys in Brussels... those folks that you've never met and never voted for.

Control your own destiny and watch the UK slowly gain back the prosperous industries that died off decades ago.

And if the world's economies are going to go down the tubes... then I'd still want my country to down on it's own terms, NOT somebody elses... with the ability to pull itself back up by the bootstraps on its own terms, and again NOT on someone else's.

But that's just my own two pence worth... you guys might feel differently.

It's true. The fundamental flaw with Europe is that it's policies try to equalise all members to the average. Their goal is one Europe, all the same. That means strong countries like the UK get dragged down and as more banana republics gain access it gets worse.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Looking at the pound vs the dollar, I think a loaf of bread might cost 5 quid next week.

link   
Leave projected to win.

link   
OMFG. OMFG. OMFG.

Sorry for acting like a little child but I really didn't think this was going to happen. I'm SO PROUD of the people of England.

I salute you, and today I raise you, the English, the example by which to be set in the world.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link   
This is not over yet - Manchester just went big for Remain

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join