It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raven95
LEAVE: 299,598, REMAIN: 280,820

Wow... That's a little shocking. I figured it would be a pretty easy win for Remain.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This vote is shaping up to put Scotland and England on a path to hostility.
The map is colouring in as Remain in Scotland by a wide enough margin to offset a Leave vote in England.

Leave 321,339
Remain 314,521

... and just updated again...

Leave 370,404
Remain 344,535
edit on 23/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm very impressed and a bit envious of the Brits right now.

85% went out to voice an opinion. That level of political engagement should be applauded, no matter the result. A number of that magnitude is unheard of in the States.

On a personal level, I'm cloyed by the idea that un elected bureaucrats in another country should wield power over life in other countries. I'm rooting for Leave, but I hope for the best for the citizens of England, regardless.

link   
could you imagine the mess this could cause.

UK leaves the EU then Scotland votes in a second independence referendum and leaves the union.

bye bye Britannia!

It would ravage the economy with uncertainty

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

UK leaves the EU then Scotland votes in a second independence referendum and leaves the union.

bye bye Britannia!

Getting rid of Scotland would a blessing to England.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It isn't about leaving, leaving is easy. It is about what happens once we leave. That will not be easy at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I understand this is a UK Vote and Scotland, Wales, Ireland are part of the UK.. but England really is the center of the UK system.

It seems, England wants out.. it may be Scotland, Wales and Ireland that force them to remain:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

bye bye Britannia!

No it would not!

If the rest of the UK leaves the UK it would create massive economic uncertainty that would hit the economy hard, if Scotland was to then also leave the union it would obliterate the UK economy.

Scotland could actually come out stronger if it were to do that join the EU economic area.

Very interesting listening to Alex Salmon right now talking about the constitutional implications for this vote.

link   

originally posted by: TomLawless

85% went out to voice an opinion. That level of political engagement should be applauded, no matter the result. A number of that magnitude is unheard of in the States.

On a personal level, I'm cloyed by the idea that un elected bureaucrats in another country should wield power over life in other countries. I'm rooting for Leave, but I hope for the best for the citizens of England, regardless.

Which is exactly why, no matter what the result, leave or stay, I will fight for the right of the majority to get their way. Once the decision has been made, all out support.

link   
Maybe a free Britannia will be more attractive to the Scots?

I really don't think they would vote to leave the union if there was going to be a proper, hard border between us.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: neo96

It isn't about leaving, leaving is easy. It is about what happens once we leave. That will not be easy at all.

Much easier than staying. We're currently tied to a failed and declining market.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Never trust the polls.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

bye bye Britannia!

No it would not!

If the rest of the UK leaves the UK it would create massive economic uncertainty that would hit the economy hard, if Scotland was to then also leave the union it would obliterate the UK economy.

Scotland could actually come out stronger if it were to do that join the EU economic area.

Very interesting listening to Alex Salmon right now talking about the constitutional implications for this vote.

Hardly.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I can only imagine how you're feeling right now, brother.

My heart goes out to you. What a nerve wracking night it must be. I hope you're able to get something resembling sleep.

link   

Do you guys ever have referendums to vote on policies in America?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

In relation to this vote we are one United Kingdom, we are one state making one vote on our destiny within Europe, if England votes out and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland vote remain then its one United Kingdom that has voted to remain.

The implications of what the vote will mean for the different nations of the UK will be a different debate to be had after the results.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You seem to have thought this through, right?

I disagree with you, and I have also thought this through.

I won't waste my nor your time saying why now, too late.

link   

The vote concerns the entire UK, not just England.

Why do Americans conflate the two? Are you really that deficient in your knowledge of nations and political entities?

If you can't even be bothered to learn the difference between England and the UK, you shouldn't be commenting in this thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I can only imagine how you're feeling right now, brother.

My heart goes out to you. What a nerve wracking night it must be. I hope you're able to get something resembling sleep.

meh am on night shift tomorrow so no point in sleeping, not that i would lose sleep over it anyway.

Thanks al the same!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm just another Yankee Dog, but I'm very much enjoying my lesson in British politics. You're a big part of that.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join