It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I just hope all Brits know what they have in their hand.
It could be the fate of all of us.
I am calling myself European for a reason. It could be the end of that.
The other "cool" countries would follow.
And what a bad timing, with the tensions all around.
At the same time I hope the will of the people gets respected, no matter what this will be.
France would let all the agitated mobs of "migrants" loose.
Yes, the exact opposite of what people want, will happen.
It was a twisted campaign.
No matter what, I love your funny little raft of a country,
take care, fare well, follow your heart.
We hope you stay. We wish you all the best if you leave.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Good thread CS.
I have doubts about whether it'll do any good but I'll be going to put my x in the Leave box later (well, the no box).
My wife was telling me that because the left has made it so toxic she and a couple of friends at work (a school) feel unable to say out loud that they are leavers because of all the bs about racism off the remainers .

A sad state of affairs indeed.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

My wife was telling me that because the left has made it so toxic she and a couple of friends at work (a school) feel unable to say out loud that they are leavers because of all the bs about racism off the remainers .

That doesn't surprise me.

The divisive "us vs them" crap in the media over the past few months in the UK has been utter madness.

I'd feel fearful to voice my opinion too under those kind of circumstances.

The media used to be 'Switzerland' when it came to news coverage... but nowadays? It's become nothing but a dog and pony show.

Bread and circuses, my friend.

Bread and circuses.

*sigh*
edit on 23-6-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I've heard that it's expected to be a close vote.
With an unusual attack of laziness; was there a referendum to join the EU? And, how did that go?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

1967 The European Community was established

1973 Britain joined the European Community. Tory Prime Minister Edward Heath took Britain in.

1975 Labour Prime Minister Harold Wilson had a referendum on Britain’s membership – the last national referendum this country has had. 66% voted yes – to stay in the European Community

Link

I had to look it up myself.

Sounds like they didn't have a vote to join originally ?

But a couple years later they did have a referendum to decide whether to leave or stay.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Too right and bizarrely it's making people with actual extremist ideologies less toxic because the left toss around accusations of racism so readily at anyone who disagrees.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

1973 Britain joined the European Community. Tory Prime Minister Edward Heath took Britain in.

1975 Labour Prime Minister Harold Wilson had a referendum on Britain’s membership – the last national referendum this country has had. 66% voted yes – to stay in the European Community

Link

But a couple years later they did have a referendum to decide whether to leave or stay.

It was a massive con too, stay had a massive financial advantage over leave.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

You're a fool because even if they rig it you could at least try!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Link

It was a massive con too, stay had a massive financial advantage over leave.

I'm assuming the referendum happened a couple of years later after joining because citizens were kicking up a fuss that they didn't get to have a say in the matter in 1973 ?

Sounds like typical political game playing.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I predict that somehow the "stay" vote will prevail. Not because I believe that's what the people there want, but because it's what the media and people like George Soros have been pushing for.

Time will tell, not much longer now...

edit on 23-6-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Maybe?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

The restrictions on coverage last from 00:30 BST to 22:00 BST on polling day.

The BBC Trust's referendum guidelines say that during those times there should no coverage of "any of the issues relating to the referendum" campaign on TV, radio or bbc.co.uk.

Subjects which have been contested or are part of the campaign in any way - or other controversial matters relating to the EU or the referendum - must not be covered on polling day, to ensure the BBC's output cannot be seen as influencing the ballot while the polls are open.

However, online sites will not have to remove archived reports.

Huh, well I'll be darned.

I guess that explains why I can't find any proper live video coverage other than watching people coming and going from the poll stations.

But it makes sense why they're doing it that way.

Thanks for the link !

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Makes a ton of sense.
"Meh, no point in voting, early returns show we're out."

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
just got told to put the camera on the other side of the road.. hehehe love rt.com and their efforts!

When Russia ( Putin ) want's us out we should vote to stay in, I will predict a 2% remain vote when finished counting..

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I think it is more like they don't want the people to be able to prove the whole thing is rigged.

We have the same system in Aus and it is a pointless bit of control.

Imagine if you interview everyone leaving, find out they all voted to leave and the polling station ends up 95% stay.

It would scream 'rigged'

P

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Imagine if you interview everyone leaving, find out they all voted to leave and the polling station ends up 95% stay.

1) I can't imagine polling everyone leaving, actually.
2) I personally, do not respond to any polls.

But I think we were talking not about polls, but "live" coverage of actual vote tallies.

edit on 6/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Lol. Noted.

You can play the game, if you like. I'm taking my ball and going home.

The 2 camps will have fun over the next few years, bickering and blaming each other for everything wrong with our country.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I would feel real shame lending support to any part of our political system.

This is about self determination of the people over the political system , the majority of politicians want us to Remain in the EU today is a chance for us to reject that and choose our own path.

If you have a vote and choose not to use it that is your choice but don't blame the political system for it , this is the first time your / our / my vote will actually change something in this country , don't waste it.

edit on 23-6-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
GB has become such a small player in the EU and has such weak leaders noone in Europe cares much if they leave. The big fear is that if GB does leave then other countrys will follow as many are sick of the EU and the lack of the control of refugees

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is horrible! I'm feeling really nervous about the whole thing. I'm firmly in the out camp but I've been seeing more people putting remain posters up in their windows in the last week. The whole campaign has been distorted into a battle of lies and mud slinging on both sides but the only real issue is our right to democracy. I've a bad feeling we will lose and the the eu will be able to do whatever they want with us. They have already said there will be no more deals for us, what we've got is it. Basically we will have to bend over and assume the position. It is a sad day for our country (unless a miracle happens, of course!)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join