It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with 'Arabic-looking beard' kicked off Alaska Airlines flight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

"Hello Homeland Security? I have a scary beard to report!"

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I agree. If this is the entire story, it's ridiculous. So unfair for that man. I'm just having a hard time believing that an airline would not allow him to fly simply because of a beard. There has to be more.
edit on KAmerica/Chicago6300000002016-06-23T00:52:06-05:00k16Junam by Kentuckymama because: Spelling errors

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Tanned skin, brown eyes, brown hair = dirty lowlife muslim terrorist

Let the Trump profiling games begin....

Weeeeeeee !

Only Trump is not President.Yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
No way an airline would allow this. They know what kind of backlash they would receive.

If it was some individuals working for the airline that made this call on their own, you can bet heads will roll.

However, it's safe to assume that there is more to the story until the airline makes a statement or refuses to.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

I don't think they'll be able to due to privacy laws. Unless Mark French sues the airline, and it comes out in the evidence, Im sure this will blow over and turn out to be nothing.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

A one sided story with spin to boot? BS

It's not one sided.

The passenger was deemed unfit to fly at that time but was rebooked for a flight today to his destination.

'There is more to the story, but per our company policy we do not share details about our passengers.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 6/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well one vocalized side.

Also, since he technically wasn't a passenger.....?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

He's a passenger as soon as he books a ticket in the eyes of the airline. They can't divulge information.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Passenger wannabe?

Remember that story about the "Hillary hater" who got bumped?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

It looks like we're entering the era of 'The Pointing Finger.'

Some people are running scared and spreading the tension to more and more people. The internet version of reality is something like a zombie movie with Muslims pressed up against our windows and doors trying to get in whilst explosions of suicide bombers sound in the background.

Sure, I can appreciate why people are highly-strung and frightened of bearded men. But woah, use some grey cells or get a second opinion. Whoever panicked was probably comparing the guy to Mateen - smart, dark-skinned and well-groomed. They probably don't get out much and have missed the fact that trimmed beards have been in fashion for years now.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That is a certainty!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Facebook reporting, where everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Facebook reporting, where everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Where Putin is dead and/or deposed.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Tanned skin, brown eyes, brown hair = dirty lowlife muslim terrorist

Let the Trump profiling games begin....

Weeeeeeee !

When Trumps president we're going to get these people out of our country. They make our citizens afraid, they take our jobs, they're terrorists, and some I assume are good people. When he's president we're going to Make America Great Again, and it's going to start by running scum like this outside our borders.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Wellllllllllll OF COURSE!

Perfectly sensible!

Only Alaskan looking beards are allowed on Alaska Airlines.

[slowly removing fingers from cheek]

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Not only did the beard look arabic, but I suspect it was chanting "allahu akbar" under its breath.

the man wearing the beard never heard this due to the commotion around him.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If you think it's bad now, you should've seen the profiling and hysteria the first few years after 9/11. I was in college at the time & some of my classmates were holding offsite meetings to discuss our campus' "Muslim problem". I only know this because I was with an amazing Christian female classmate when another female classmate pulled us aside to ask us if we wanted to attend. I kept silent as she went over the details but my friend got annoyed, scolded her, & reminded her that I'm a Muslim. The other classmate looked surprised then walked off without another word.

Then my friend asked me why I didn't speak up. I told her I wanted to know what they were up to since it's my safety that was on the line. Plus, I'd actually considered some of them friends, so it hurt a little & I was hoping it wasn't as bad as it sounded. Even some of my friends from high school changed on me after 9/11. I even had to cut off some of my acquaintances who went to the military after 9/11 because they were upfront about their desire to get "revenge" on as many Muslims as they could.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If you think it's bad now, you should've seen the profiling and hysteria the first few years after 9/11. I was in college at the time & some of my classmates were holding offsite meetings to discuss our campus' "Muslim problem". I only know this because I was with an amazing Christian female classmate when another female classmate pulled us aside to ask us if we wanted to attend. I kept silent as she went over the details but my friend got annoyed, scolded her, & reminded her that I'm a Muslim. The other classmate looked surprised then walked off without another word.

Then my friend asked me why I didn't speak up. I told her I wanted to know what they were up to since it's my safety that was on the line. Plus, I'd actually considered some of them friends, so it hurt a little & I was hoping it wasn't as bad as it sounded. Even some of my friends from high school changed on me after 9/11. I even had to cut off some of my acquaintances who went to the military after 9/11 because they were upfront about their desire to get "revenge" on as many Muslims as they could.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Well...

It's a good thing I do not like being in climates other than those to be found here on the British Isles, if flying requires one to be clean shaven. As white as I am, I have been mistaken for many questionable persons, and was once stopped by police while walking home late at night, who thought that I was one of the top ten most wanted terror suspects in the country.

Clearly, if I ever decide to leave this land for any reason, I am going to have to swim, if this is the route that air carriers and other passenger transport companies are going down.

Does this not fly in the face of everything that freedom and liberty are supposed to be about? Is this not the very thing that rights and freedoms are supposed to prevent? I cannot see why, with all the security processes that stand between a potential source of danger, and the plane itself, why even a person who is clearly Muslim, by way of garb, speech, and manner, should not be able to board an aircraft and fly in a nation whose principles revolve around freedom.

That this man, who could be of any extraction, of any faith or political extraction upon appearance, can be prevented from flying because of the unfounded and baseless concerns of a passenger speaks volumes about the reality of freedom and liberty for all. It's a bloody lie at this point in time, if this sort of nonsense is anything to go by.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Lmao they should rebrand themselves as Trump Airlines.

Yeah I said it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join