It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Ronaldo Throws Reporter’s Microphone Into River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Casually taking a stroll along a water’s edge prior to today’s game between Portugal and Hungary, a reporter tried to get some words from Ronaldo. He was having none of it, grabbing his microphone and slinging it into the drink.

I have to be honest, if I was in an intense state of mind as Ronaldo most likely was at that time, I’d very likely have done exactly the same thing. Can’t blame him really, the reporter’s ought to mind their own business sometimes.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

There's more to the story than BBC states in the article. Ronaldo sued CMTV in 2014 for saying allegedly slanderous things about his family.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'd love to see someone throw Ronaldo in a river.. gifted footballer but complete a hole..

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Oh, that makes it even worse for them to hassle him during preparations for a game. Kinda doubtful they’ll be getting that “apology”, eh?

a reply to: Misterlondon

True, but reporters are sometimes out of order intruding like they do, even if it’s “Grin-aldo”.

edit on 1WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/Chicago10pmWednesday3pm06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I highly doubt it. CMTV is pretty much the Daily Mail of Portugal, so a tabloid at best. They get sued often enough.

I think it would have been pretty funny if the reporter fell to the ground after Ronaldo touched the mic, and pretended to be gravely injured until someone granted him a penalty shot.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

If they’re anything like the Daily Fail then he should’ve just thrown the reporter in the water!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

It's a footballer.

No one that over paid and under worked should get a free pass. That being said, if this was a reaction to a slight against his family, then what I said above does not wash. There is a great deal that I would forgive a man, in defence of his family and friends.

top topics

join