It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Should Not Be Transitioning Children.....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jasminnne
a reply to: Annee

Listen lady chill out ok. I'm not the one trying to use having a disorder as an insult. You are personally attacking me because I disagree with you.

All that says to me is they don't want it to be called a disorder but they still want their hormones, therapy, and surgery covered. IF IT IS NOT A DISORDER OR ILLNESS IT SHOULDN'T BE COVERED.

As usual - - - you ignore facts and interpret to fit your agenda.

You are disagreeing with factual information, not me.

There's a difference between want and need. Wants and needs are specific to the individual - - they are not clones. While many do hormone therapy, most do not have gender reassignment at this time.

People with Gender Dysphoria (a real and natural occurring difference), like most people want to fit into society. There are today treatments available. In order for those treatments to be covered by insurance, the treatment only is listed under disorder.

I post info for those who want to understand and learn.

My next post will address only that person.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The same could be said about you. I am not ignoring anything. You always say you will stop replying to certain people and you always keep doing it.

I read what it said. Basically they are trying to get around calling it a disorder while still having it covered.
I've read everything and it's still ridiculous.
edit on 28-6-2016 by jasminnne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jasminnne

You look like my friend I took to the marriage equity rally last week, if thats you in the pic. She is trans, out, proud--and nobody ever questions her, she will tell you she is trans (ie: out&proud). No she does not have long hair, she presents fem without long hair. If long hair were a requirement of femininity, every woman with short hair would suddenly become... A MAN.

TERF is more of a mental illness than trans.

ETA: Actually, she looks better than you.
edit on 30-6-2016 by PBL666 because: fumb ducks

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: PBL666

I never said long hair means you are a woman. I said that didn't make any sense.
And i'm sorry I cannot be your friend because I am a woman. I don't have any mental disorders, I have ovaries and a womb and don't have to take hormones to stay feminine or keep a fake vagina from healing up.

u 3u)~❤

Have a nice day~
edit on 3-7-2016 by jasminnne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PBL666

I agree.

TERF

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I love how you guys turned to personal attacks after having nothing else to say. Says alot.

Maybe I should add that I am not a feminist at all.

edit on 3-7-2016 by jasminnne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Listen lady chill out ok. I'm not the one trying to use having a disorder as an insult. You are personally attacking me because I disagree with you.

All that says to me is they don't want it to be called a disorder but they still want their hormones, therapy, and surgery covered. IF IT IS NOT A DISORDER OR ILLNESS IT SHOULDN'T BE COVERED.

There's a difference between want and need. Wants and needs are specific to the individual - - they are not clones. While many do hormone therapy, most do not have gender reassignment at this time.

People with Gender Dysphoria (a real and natural occurring difference), like most people want to fit into society. There are today treatments available. In order for those treatments to be covered by insurance, the treatment only is listed under disorder.

All mental disorders are "naturally occurring" Doesn't change the fact it is a genetic "mistake".... A mistake we can't even properly diagnose let alone fix..

So because we can't fix it trans people should be left the hell alone, until we can..

I just don't agree with making drastic social and medical changes to a child based on no more than a 4 year olds opinion and a diagnose from a dr with a less than 50% success rate...

How would the OP topic feel today if she had puberty inhibited and began taking testosterone??

She wouldn't be an insanely beautiful lesbian celebrity, that's for sure...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

Defensive? Well maybe because of your previous posts in this thread for one thing. You've unflinchingly stuck to the disorder model. Conflated gender dysphoria with BIID and BDD and made up information about what is in the DSM-V and said people like me were offensive and called sex reassignment surgery mutilation. I said I was done talking to you anyway. I have posted plenty of links for you to look up things on your own and informative videos as well. Had you looked at them at all, you wouldn't be asking this question.

1-4 are when most people "know" they are trans my @$$....

A) memories don't go back that far...not in any context not detail...anyone with a 2 year old can testify to that...

b) 1-2 can barely talk, let alone have any concept of sexuality or gender..

Why don't you post the chart that says they only et the diagnosis right 20% of the time?

I have no problem with LBGT people, but don't go playing with children's lives...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The suicide rate is very high bc they are shunned by society as being a monstrosity. They are shamed into suicide.

It is NOT bc they transitioned, it is bc of people like YOU

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The same could be said about you. I am not ignoring anything. You always say you will stop replying to certain people and you always keep doing it.

I read what it said. Basically they are trying to get around calling it a disorder while still having it covered.
I've read everything and it's still ridiculous.
You have been spot on in this thread, if the brain and the body are not wired properly then you have a disorder. And anyone who thinks it's ok to involve children in all this bollocks has a disorder too.

There is nothing wrong with having a disorder though so I don't understand why people with this particular disorder get offended with the use of the word.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: liammc

People get offended bc its NOT a disorder.

Even respected doctors and psychologists will confirm its NOT a disorder.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

People get offended bc its NOT a disorder.

Even respected doctors and psychologists will confirm its NOT a disorder.

For every doctor saying one thing, there will be another saying the opposite, it's all propaganda.

It is a disorder, a mental disorder to be exact, currently treated by having hormone injections and surgery.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Just bc you consider it a mental disorder does not mean that it in fact IS a mental disorder.

Mental disorders also do not need hormone injections and surgery as treatment.

Its ok to say..."well, im not quite sure what to think of it", but don't go around calling it a mental disorder just bc that is what you believe it to be.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
She was educated by a friend... atransgender, therefore completely non-biased friend.

I reckon Annee and her mates just hang about ATS waiting on these threads, they're always all over them going 'round and 'round and 'round in circles.

the proverbial snake munching on its own tail.

They say stupid things like "it might be a disorder to you but it isn't to them!"

The same reasoning can be applied to the paranoid schizofrenic who believes the moon is talking to them, telepathically.

He beleives it's real, therefore it must be...we shouldn't treat that person but instead, we should encourage the fantasy...and we should all join in, and be bloody happy about it, too!

I reckon Annee and a few other ATS'ers are on the payroll, here. Seem to do nout else but bleat the same crap in these threads...same thing over and over and over...

I'll tell you, Annee - if you're not employed by someone to keep flogging this dead horse then I'd highly recommend you become a paid shill, because you'd be awesome at it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

lofl. its so funny to me when someone accuses an intelligent poster of being paid.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Just bc you consider it a mental disorder does not mean that it in fact IS a mental disorder.

Mental disorders also do not need hormone injections and surgery as treatment.

Its ok to say..."well, im not quite sure what to think of it", but don't go around calling it a mental disorder just bc that is what you believe it to be.

Haha are you really telling me what I can or can't say? Ok then if I can't go around calling it a mental disorder because you think it's not (it is) why can a man go around telling everyone he is a woman when he is not?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

you can do whatever you want of course, however, you are spreading mis-information and probably look very ignorant doing so.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

And I get really tired of people getting on these threads and talking like they have a PhD in psychology, when they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

If you are such a mental health expert, what is your treatment plan for someone with gender dysphoria and what is your success rate with said treatment? What type of drugs have cured it? What type of therapy has cured it? Hmmmm?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

you can do whatever you want of course, however, you are spreading mis-information and probably look very ignorant doing so.

Do I care if I look ignorant? I'm not one of those self conscious snowflakes.

The only the thing I'm spreading is my real ladies legs tonight.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Wow, Annee...for once you've said something I totally agree with.

Wants and needs are totally different. A need is something that is absolutely required. The need to drink, eat, sleep - nobody ever died from thinking they were something they're not.

they might have committed suicide because of it but it still doesn't make it a need, does it? Because if it does I need a billion of your yankee bucks...I've always felt like a billionaire - insiiiide!

A want is when someone wants something...normally, a want is accompanied by a strong self-willed, pig ignorant attitude where the want over-rides and supercedes all else.

Like if you want to believe in goblins and faerie tales, you want it so bad that in order to maintain the illusion, all else must pretend that they believe too.

Even kids...because, growing up in the real world believing in such fantasies is perfectly healthy, and doesn't at all have an adverse effect on anyone else. It's not selfish, or a want...it's a need.

Yeah, if you don't fake being a gilr, you'll die.

Now where's the medical evidence you keep banging on about? Show me where it states that these delusions are needs, show me how, when the 'need' is fulfilled, it serves some life-saving purpose.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join