It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Should Not Be Transitioning Children.....

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jasminnne

Not sure what you're trying to prove.
Huh. Seemed pretty obvious to me. That your claim about the posting habits of others is specious in light of your own. Based on your seeming logic, one might be led to believe that you are obsessed with transgenders.

edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm just interested since I see it everywhere nowadays and wanted to share my opinions. It really seems like the whole world is going insane
Feeling that way is what lead me to this site. It's been interesting and nice seeing refreshing opinions and discussions going on. Replying to people that reply to me in a thread is not being obsessed.

But like you said, this thread is not about me so i'm not sure why you decided to make a post about me and post my post history of the short time i've been here to try and defend your little buddies. hehe.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

But like you said, this thread is not about me so i'm not sure why you decided to make a post about me and post my post history of the short time i've been here to try and defend your little buddies. hehe.

Hehe, indeed. You are the one who raised the issue of posting habits.

edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The person I replied to was the one who did yet you chose to reply to only me about it hmmmmm looks like you're obsessed with me. ♥ Don't worry i've noticed you.

edit on 10-7-2016 by jasminnne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: liammc

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: liammc

There is no such thing as gender dysphoria, and no amount of mumbo jumbo science will convince me otherwise.

Oh that darn mumbo jumbo science. Why can't we go back to being cave men, beating each other up with clubs and dragging our women around by their hair? Who needs science anyway? Combustible engines, the discovery of the atom, antibiotics, the invention of flight, learning about bacteria , how diseases work... bah! Worthless!
No I like proper science just the mumbo jumbo # I ignore.

So what is mumbo jumbo science??

Anything that disagrees with your personal opinions??!??!

With a full spectrum of mental disorders that cover every base from being a vegetable to a minor quirk like ocd, why wouldnt a glitch in the brains wiring be able to make some one wired as the opposite sex than your genitals?

He'll look at the guy who does math in the same part of his brain that controls muscle movement, making him be able to compute math better than ANY mit professor with a calculator??

Assuming you can be born miswired, why couldn't the "mistake" be in such a fundamental part of the brain, that we can't even diagnose it yet, let alone fix it???

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Im sorry you feel like you are losing a fight but I don't understand what you are fighting for? To keep children from transitioning?

If I had a transgendered child (and I've fully thought about this) I would definitely want that child to be happy so I would allow him to choose their clothes and even a manly name if that is what made him happy.

You can tell if your child is happy or not, and who wouldn't want their child to be happy.

Maybe or maybe not, when he hits puberty he may want to take the needed hormones to further his transition, I would guide and support him all the way.

The happiness of my child is the most important, I would not want to stand in the way of that.

Buying a pony, etc is not the same happiness. My child is sad that I will not buy her an applaloosa horse, that is not the sadness I speak of. There is a certain type of sadness, it lasts longer than 2 mins of not getting a horse that you want. It can turn into a depression if not attended to, a depression that one will refuse to recognize the source of. That is the sadness I hope a parent will ever have to come across or a child experience.

edit on 11-7-2016 by veracity because: define sadness

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: samerulesapply

Im sorry you feel like you are losing a fight but I don't understand what you are fighting for? To keep children from transitioning?

If I had a transgendered child (and I've fully thought about this) I would definitely want that child to be happy so I would allow him to choose their clothes and even a manly name if that is what made him happy.

You can tell if your child is happy or not, and who wouldn't want their child to be happy.

Maybe or maybe not, when he hits puberty he may want to take the needed hormones to further his transition, I would guide and support him all the way.

The happiness of my child is the most important, I would not want to stand in the way of that.

Buying a pony, etc is not the same happiness. My child is sad that I will not buy her an applaloosa horse, that is not the sadness I speak of. There is a certain type of sadness, it lasts longer than 2 mins of not getting a horse that you want. It can turn into a depression if not attended to, a depression that one will refuse to recognize the source of. That is the sadness I hope a parent will ever have to come across or a child experience.

Obviously it doesn't make them happy otherwise thy wouldn't be killing themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You know the best way to stop them killing themselves?

1. Fix society so that they aren't hated and shunned as "freaks"

2. Allow trans kids to start transitioning according to the process recommended by the experts in the field. Research is showing that the younger the transition starts (before the permanent effects of puberty), the happier the kids/young adults tend to be.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jasminnne
Obviously it doesn't make them happy otherwise thy wouldn't be killing themselves.

The Truth About Transgender Suicide

• Rejection by friends and family increases suicide risk
  • Discrimination increases suicide risk
  • Physical abuse increases suicide risk
  • Being seen as transgender or gender non-conforming increases suicide risk
  • Internalized transphobia increases suicide risk
  • Intersecting minority identities increases suicide risk

■ Attitudes and opinions like yours increases suicide risk.

No, High Suicide Rates Do Not Demonstrate That Transgender People Are Mentally Ill

Why Transgender Suicide Attempt Rates Are Staggering

New Study Connects Suicide Rates of Transgender Teens to Bathroom Restrictions

Denying Transgender People Bathroom Access Is Linked to Suicide

For transgender kids, support is key to emotional well-being

I know you aren't the least interested in facts but here they are:

Suicide Attempts Among Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Adults

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
“Begin challenging your own assumptions.

Your assumptions are your windows on the world.

Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in.” ― Alan Alda

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I hope Kaylaluv, Freija and Annee helped you to better understand why they are depressed.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

No, High Suicide Rates Do Not Demonstrate That Transgender People Are Mentally Ill

Am I increasing your suicide risk by stating my opinion?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You know the best way to stop them killing themselves?

1. Fix society so that they aren't hated and shunned as "freaks"

2. Allow trans kids to start transitioning according to the process recommended by the experts in the field. Research is showing that the younger the transition starts (before the permanent effects of puberty), the happier the kids/young adults tend to be.

So this extremely low percentage of people with a disorder don't need to be fixed the majority of people who have differing opinions about it need to be "fixed" or what you really mean is you want to shut them up because it will be too triggering?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

Am I increasing your suicide risk by stating my opinion?

Your opinion is based in ignorance.

Do teens (especially) commit suicide because they feel ostracized or bullied?

YES - - those who vocalize ignorance are bullies.

YES - - their ignorant opinions directly affect others.

YES - - promoting ignorance directed at a minority group directly creates oppression which could result in a person taking their life.

But, you already know that.

Your game is transparent.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

People who are diagnosed with gender dysphoria work with a whole team of doctors who help them live their lives as the gender they identify with. That is the standard accepted treatment. I would ask you the same question I asked Dr. samerulesapply: how would YOU "fix" them, and what is your success rate, Dr. jasminne?

Do you care about why they are killing themselves, or not? I just told you why.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

So this extremely low percentage of people with a disorder don't need to be fixed the majority of people who have differing opinions about it need to be "fixed" or what you really mean is you want to shut them up because it will be too triggering?

In English please.

It's like you are repeating this meme:

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

all people are important and deserve respect and no discrimination...even the small percentages of people

Ignorant disrespectful ramblers (like you) should either start respecting people as they would like to be respected (your mother should have taught you this) or keep your mouth shut.

The consequences are fines and jailtime.

Its not necessarily being "fixed" but forcing society to be nice and respectful of each other. You can look it as forcing you to be a better person. The only people who do not like this are the small percentage of miserable hateful people who unfortunately have the biggest mouths.

edit on 14-7-2016 by veracity because: to add things

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

In English please.

It's like you are repeating this meme:

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Just because you didn't understand what I said or don't bother too doesn't mean it's not english.

lol Looks like the gangs all here

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

all people are important and deserve respect and no discrimination...even the small percentages of people

Ignorant disrespectful ramblers (like you) should either start respecting people as they would like to be respected (your mother should have taught you this) or keep your mouth shut.

The consequences are fines and jailtime.

Its not necessarily being "fixed" but forcing society to be nice and respectful of each other. You can look it as forcing you to be a better person. The only people who do not like this are the small percentage of miserable hateful people who unfortunately have the biggest mouths.

I haven't said anything disrespectful or been hateful but you have called me ignorant and other things and personally attacked me. Hypocrisy. You just want to shut up everyone you don't agree with well guess what, the world doesn't work like that. Are you willing to go to jail for something you've said?
edit on 17-7-2016 by jasminnne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

People who are diagnosed with gender dysphoria work with a whole team of doctors who help them live their lives as the gender they identify with. That is the standard accepted treatment. I would ask you the same question I asked Dr. samerulesapply: how would YOU "fix" them, and what is your success rate, Dr. jasminne?

Do you care about why they are killing themselves, or not? I just told you why.

They're killing themselves because they are mentally unstable like anyone else who kills them self.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join