It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rule Requires Doctors To Treat Trans Patients As Their Pretend Sex

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

What does that have to do with legally obliging a doctor to be more worried about politically correct bull# than with doing their job?

What? Oh, you didn't actually read the rule, did you? You're going by the claims of the OP, aren't you?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So what happens when some guy in a dress walks in to his doctors office and says, "My uterus hurts." What is the doctor supposed to do, order an ultrasound? And what happens when the insurance company refuses to pay for a diagnostic test of a body part that doesn't exist in the body demanding the test?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
What if I identify as a dog and want to go to the vet?

good question

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
So what happens when some guy in a dress walks in to his doctors office and says, "My uterus hurts." What is the doctor supposed to do, order an ultrasound? And what happens when the insurance company refuses to pay for a diagnostic test of a body part that doesn't exist in the body demanding the test?

Let's try not to get stupid.

You really think a transgender person doesn't know their body and who they are?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: snarfbot

Because these people are sick and they need help and telling them to mutilate their bodies is a mistake.

Who is telling anyone to do so?

Its not about any specific person making any specific statements encouraging people to undergo surgery, but a general idea that surgery is not the solution.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Let's try not to get stupid.

You really think a transgender person doesn't know their body and who they are?

I think that is exactly the point. They don't apparently know...

White woman 'identifies' as black. Does she know what color her skin is? Man 'identifies' as woman. Does he know what genitalia he has?
edit on 23-6-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

How is a doctor, whose job is to treat the physical body, supposed to treat a man who insists he is a woman? If that illusion is strong enough he could feel menstrual cramps, labor pains, hot flashes... How is a doctor supposed to treat a man who insists he is experiencing physical ailments associated with being female? I am not being any more stupid than people who think a doctor should treat a person based on the gender they identify as rather than the one they actually are.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No. What's wrong is the amount of intolerance displayed in this thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The doctor will tell the WOMAN that SHE doesn't have a uterus because SHE was born male, the doctor will still most likely order an ultra sound to make sure everything is okay and that the born male doesn't actually have a uterus... because some men actually do.

Also I think people are getting confused by the word treat here. A doctor would treat (medically) a transgender patient according to the physical biology of the body while treating (relating to) the patient as the gender they identify with. In other words... "Barbara, I'm sorry to inform you that you have a prostate cancer."
edit on 6/23/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The doctor will tell the WOMAN that SHE doesn't have a uterus because SHE was born male, the doctor will still most likely order an ultra sound to make sure everything is okay and that the born male doesn't actually have a uterus... because some men actually do.

Or indeed something wrong with whatever organs are occupying the space the pain comes from.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Your interpretation is just as wrong as your ignorant opinion.

It's not opinion. It's undeniable fact.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

So this person is a cat? If you disagree, you're intolerant.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How do you know they don't know what organs they have inside their body?

Not being facetious, just curious as to how you know? Do you know someone who is trans and does this to their doc?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Right and not to mention that most transgendered people don't have delusions about their body, they know what sex they physically are and what comes with it... it's very unlikely that a trans woman will go to a doctor and complain of uterine pain or that she would melt down if the doctor reminded her that it was time for her prostate exam.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What's stupid...stupid...STOOPID is a guy, standing naked in front of a doctor with his penis hanging there and insisting the doctor address HIM as Ma'am and insisting on being given a pap smear.

Oh. My. H3LL........

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is all heading and the liberal progressive activists will have a field day pointing fingers, screaming their heads off and initiating civil suits because someone didn't use the "preferred pronoun." And don't say, "Well, how hard is that to do?" It's not a matter of it's difficult or easy...it's a matter of it's STUPID.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: daryllyn

So this person is a cat? If you disagree, you're intolerant.

Frankly belittling people like that is a pretty poor show.
I posted an article about brain structure.
If your post had any actual merit the woman's true condition could be ascertained by a brain scan.

Though I imagine she can speak and read so that would preclude her having a cat's brain.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

You appear to be the one screaming your head off.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

"What's stupid...stupid...STOOPID is a guy, standing naked in front of a doctor with his penis hanging there and insisting the doctor address HIM as Ma'am and insisting on being given a pap smear."

This happened?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So, if I understand this as asserted by the posts on this thread:

Some people, for whatever reason, identify as the opposite gender. We should humor them and go along with it in regards to how we speak to them, the titles we give them, which restrooms we let them use, etc. But in reality we should ignore the fact that they claim to be one gender when in reality they are the other, and as in the case of medical professionals, treat them as the gender they actually are, while humoring and supporting the imagined gender identity they have assumed for whatever reason...because it would be insensitive to do otherwise. Even though letting men in dresses go in the little girls room may be insensitive to the little girls, who I guess should just get over it and not develop some kind of complex or be traumatized by it because that simply isn't productive for the agenda?

And this is considered healthy respectful behavior? In what capacity of mental health is it considered positive or healthy to enable and humor a fantasy based life over reality? At what point does it become destructive?

I think it would much more helpful to give them a mirror and a medical book complete with pop up pictures, leave them alone for a while, and let them sort it out for themselves.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

"What's stupid...stupid...STOOPID is a guy, standing naked in front of a doctor with his penis hanging there and insisting the doctor address HIM as Ma'am and insisting on being given a pap smear."

This happened?

What's stupid is thinking a transgender doesn't understand the physical sexual body they were born with.

Gender is in the brain. The brain tells you your gender, not the packaging.

Can you get anymore ridiculous?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join