It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rule Requires Doctors To Treat Trans Patients As Their Pretend Sex

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Don't talk down to me, ever.

I am much too smart to accept your horrible, overly simplistic, idiotic, logical fallacy of an example. I saw right past your imbecilic attempt to prove a point with an ill informed loaded question.

Come back when you can form a legitimate example.

edit on 24-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

You said this:

Exactly! Transgenders KNOW their bodies, why don't they KNOW they will be called a male or female based on their bodies?

You're the one who talked down to me and others, especially the transgender people. You are in effect calling them stupid.

I cited intersex people as an example because when they grow up they "feel" like they are of opposite sex even if their genitals don't reflect that.
By that logic wouldn't it be the same way with transgender people? If they are born with brains of the opposite gender, it would be the same way.

Sorry if it still goes over your head.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Well thank goodness you're not in charge.

So what would you do? Lie to their face, and force laws onto everyone to continue the lie?

Well thank goodness you're not in charge.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I have to accommodate Fundamental Christians by law even though I think they're delusional. I have to lie to them. I also have to accept you even though you lack understanding of biology.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I think sometimes talking down to someone is needed to get the point across it is a shame when they still don't understand....Or choose to be forever ignorant.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So when can we stop treating multiple personality people as if they are mentally ill?

That 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th (but not the 6th, or is it?) personality is a real person and we need to accept it.

On a serious note, I don't think this is too big of a deal as long as the Doctor's aren't expected to ignore medical implications of the person's biological sex. This is similar to installing handicap ramps that lead to building entrances. It's something we do to improve the quality of life for those with an impairment.
edit on 24-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You're the one who talked down to me and others, especially the transgender people. You are in effect calling them stupid.

Wow, insecure much? I didn't talk down to anyone in that quote. I did not call them stupid. It's a legitimate question. If they know and accept they have a male body, and can get male related cancer, then why can't they accept being called a male?

Perhaps the question is far too complex for you to fully grasp, so you project your lack of reading comprehension on others?

I cited intersex people as an example because when they grow up they "feel" like they are of opposite sex even if their genitals don't reflect that.
By that logic wouldn't it be the same way with transgender people?

No, by logic, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Intersex people have abnormal chromosomes. So they are actually born with both male and female parts. Meaning they can actually be born with a male and or female brain structure, and legitimately feel like a male or female. Just because the doctors decided to choose one sex organ over another, and it doesn't match their brain when the grow older, doesn't mean they are not still both male and female. The doctor didn't change their chromosomes!

If they are born with brains of the opposite gender, it would be the same way.
Sorry if it still goes over your head.

There is no logic to begin with, so no logic could possibly go over my head....

You can't compare actual intersex people with abnormal chromosomes with normal chromosome males and females who only THINK they are the opposite sex.

edit on 24-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I feel like there's a lot of cognitive dissonance going on in this thread.

"Get your facts away from my truth"

Transgenderism isn't fitting into your personal narratives, of what you believe to be normal, or true. It makes you uncomfortable because it challenges your personal beliefs. So instead of trying to understand, you bash it, you invalidate it, and mock it.

Aren't we supposed to be denying ignorance? Isn't that why we are here?

"It is the mark of an educated mind, to be able to entertain a thought, without accepting it."

edit on 6/24/2016 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Don't you dare claim I lack understanding of biology, right after you tried to compare intersex people with normal people.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

a reply to: SisterDelirium

That is their interpretation (exaggerated or false interpretation) but an interpretation nonetheless.

All it did was reinforce the non-discrimination policy as per Title IX.

That's all there is to it. No addition. No subtraction.

The text I quoted came from the DHHS summary.

So, again, what does the sentence requiring to treat as the preferred gender mean? Give me a concrete example, please.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

Don't you dare claim I lack understanding of biology, right after you tried to compare intersex people with normal people.

Define "normal".

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

More insecurities projected onto others...

If you want to deny ignorance, then why don't you deny your own?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

Do you really need me to define normal? Can't you google it?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Sighs. You still don't get it.

Anyway this:

If they know and accept they have a male body, and can get male related cancer, then why can't they accept being called a male?

See? You are implying that they are too stupid to realize that. They KNOW they have male body. What you FAIL to understand is that they are born with a gender identity. All the rule states is that the doctors have to call them by their preferred pronouns, even though BOTH know the biology.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You do lack understanding of biology. It's too obvious. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Exactly! Transgenders KNOW their bodies, why don't they KNOW they will be called a male or female based on their bodies?

I'm equally vexed. The whole thing seems to go back to the idea that everyone just needs to play along to appease the insecurities of a small and very confused minority.

I'm sorry they are confused. No doubt that is difficult. They should still receive good medical care as human beings...but doctors shouldn't feel under a threat of lawsuit for saying the wrong pronoun or failing to give in to delusions.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
According to research, 0.05% of the population is actually intersex. In the year 2010 about 50.8% were male, and 49.2% were female (according to the CENSUS).

I would have to say, statistically, intersex is abnormal...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

doctors shouldn't feel under a threat of lawsuit for saying the wrong pronoun or failing to give in to delusions.

There's nothing to be worried about. Odds are you have met transgender people and you never knew it until they told you. You might have said Ma'am or Sir to them and not realizing it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You have absolutely now idea what you are talking about, and you have proven it already. Don't you dare tell me what I do and don't know. Again, you just tried to compare intersex people with normal people... ahahahahahaha

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So are gingers and left handedness.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join