It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rule Requires Doctors To Treat Trans Patients As Their Pretend Sex

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Who is disputing that? The only thing the rule enforces is that the doctors treat people equally. Nothing to do with medical procedures and surgeries.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Have you not heard?

It's not about "body parts", that is absurd, apparently.

No, it's all about the concept of gender, and how it's some social construct.

Your biology doesn't determine your gender, you brain does. I know what you're thinking...that's delusion.

I thought so too but I've been mangled and proved stupidly wrong in thsi thread just...because.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: samerulesapply

Since you are too lazy and dishonest I'll just try to find it on my own to see what you are talking about.

Yeah, you do that...it's terribly important.

But in future...you ain't ought not to respond to no thread unless you've read everything.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Who is disputing that? The only thing the rule enforces is that the doctors treat people equally. Nothing to do with medical procedures and surgeries.

There is no unequal treatment in the medical field.

You think a brain tumor or heart condition or lung cancer or a stomach ache is treated differently based on what gender someone identifies with?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So I finally found it NINE pages back about "dirty bins". Apparently it's something you guys were joking around with. So I have wasted my time. Sighs.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

But in future...you ain't ought not to respond to no thread unless you've read everything.

Oh so you spend 24 hours a day reading everything on ATS, especially those large threads with 100+ pages?

Wow.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Wouldn't that be some umbrella type bigotry, a blanket statement about doctors and medical professionals?

What if I identified as a doctor, or a trans nurse?

I'd be hurt by remarks like that.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You think a brain tumor or heart condition or lung cancer or a stomach ache is treated differently based on what gender someone identifies with?

That is the claim the OP and the article have made. Pay attention.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That is the claim the OP and the article have made. Pay attention.

I have. The whole thing is BS.

Do us all a favor and follow along.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

No...why would you think that?

Did you find a 100+ page thread on ATS that I responded to? Have I responded to every thread?

Seems you're making up stuff based on...I dunno.

I think it only curteous to read through a thread and have a firm grasp of what it's about, what's been said...if you intend to contribute to it and debate the people participating.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't think that's unreasonable...I was told to deny ignorance earlier in this thread.

Pity you couldn't be bothered to read it or you'd have known that.

you started off quite well but you're floundering a bit now.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Oh okay. I get confused as to who are arguing for or against sometimes.

But yeah the whole thread is BS. In my opinion this thread should be moved to hoax bin since it has been debunked a few times.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

So I finally found it NINE pages back about "dirty bins". Apparently it's something you guys were joking around with. So I have wasted my time. Sighs.

Hahaa...made you look.

Fire with fire!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'll make it real simple for you. Sometimes people multitask or don't have the time to read every post in thread. Sometimes I focus one one or two arguments in threads. All you had to do was explain a little. But no you had to be childish.

If you had said that it was a joke (the dirty bin part) it would have ended right there.

Now let's move on, shall we?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Because clothing choices are non essential information.
To ask that it be a required observation on the threat of legal punishment is too far.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yeah, probably for the best.

Don't take it personally, it's just a bubble.

Enjoy your day/night.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
I smell some transphobia here. Yes I went there.

A doctor can treat even gender specific diseases and still use the person's preferred pronouns.

I don't agree that they should be vulnerable to lawsuits over pronouns, but, I also do not think it's unreasonable to refer to someone using the pronouns they prefer.

OK, but how is the doctor supposed to help the patient better understand their illness and treatment options without mentioning anything related to their biological sex? Men and women are different on a cellular level.

What if there's an experimental treatment aimed at males that might prove as a life/death opportunity in terms of its value to the patient? Would the doctor be "insensitive" for trying to get the patient into the trials?

There really is a point when reality just slams a person in the face, hard.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Me take it personally? Over anonymous posts? Naaaaa

Well enjoy yours too.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

Except that it isn't the case with their rule. The OP and the article have made false claims.

Who in their right mind would think the transgender people are unaware of their own biology?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium

originally posted by: daryllyn
I smell some transphobia here. Yes I went there.

A doctor can treat even gender specific diseases and still use the person's preferred pronouns.

I don't agree that they should be vulnerable to lawsuits over pronouns, but, I also do not think it's unreasonable to refer to someone using the pronouns they prefer.

OK, but how is the doctor supposed to help the patient better understand their illness and treatment options without mentioning anything related to their biological sex? Men and women are different on a cellular level.

What if there's an experimental treatment aimed at males that might prove as a life/death opportunity in terms of its value to the patient? Would the doctor be "insensitive" for trying to get the patient into the trials?

There really is a point when reality just slams a person in the face, hard.

You are making it way more complicated than it is.

Like I said, they know what their anatomy is, and the subject could be approached in a respectful way, using the preferred pronouns, without offending them. It would then be up to them, if they wanted to pursue your super specific, hypothetical, clinical trial.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join