It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No money for education but plenty of free stuff for refugees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Oh no Asian countries taking in hordes of refugees?

RACIST!

Just kidding only white people can be racist.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Screw those losers they made bad choices.

Actually they are the first victims of an expansive immigration policy. It's the basic law of supply and demand. Price goes up when demand goes up. The new demand comes from a growing population caused by immigration. Stop immigration and the housing market will gradually adjust to serve all income levels, eliminating large scale homelessness.

If you can understand the game of 'musical chairs,' you can understand why we have homelessness.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Homelessness is mostly a product of mental illness IMO.

The mental illness is a result of a sick culture manifesting as cancer and bi-polar disorder. Selfishness and narcissism have a very real and tangible cost and it's visible everyday in your life.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Screw those losers they made bad choices.

God forbid you ever become homeless.

Hopefully people such as yourself won't be spitting on you as they walk by while saying "screw you loser". Going by your logic though, you would deserve it.

SMH

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I have been homeless and I'm joking.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Homelessness is mostly a product of mental illness IMO.

The bureaucrats love that one because it means more money for "programs" (mostly unsuccessful) that they control, it blames an incurable illness so no one blames you if it doesn't work, and it basically blames the victim for being a victim.

A nation that take in one to two million new people every year, without a commensurate housing boom, is going to have a constant, ongoing housing crisis. Like I said, it's a supply and demand issue. Though of course there are larger motivations going on behind the scene to deliberately create such a dire situation.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
vote trump ?

he's running for governor of PA ?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm sorry refugees but you guys gotta handle your business and fight for a better country back at home.

So if you're going to demand a nations people go to war, I assume you're willing to volunteer to fight with them? Why should they have to go fight off a bunch of terrorists we created? Why shouldn't they be able to take refuge here when we're the ones that destroyed their home?

Refugee Cash Assistance and Moving to Independence

By law refugees aren't allowed to work in the US for a period of time, just about every nation has this law actually. As a result the government gives them housing and a stipend to live on. They're also usually provided a case worker that helps them adjust to life in America.

I'm sorry I know it's tough. In fact I might not understand at all but we cannot sacrifice everyone, we must choose between you or us and it's going to be us.

Who are we sacrificing? We could end this problem overnight if we really wanted to by passing some tax increases. The US spends less per citizen than any other developed nation. We simply don't fund the things people need with taxpayer dollars. That's not going to happen though because 50% of congress has signed pledges stating they will never pass a tax increase on anyone, for any reason. Which is completely irresponsible.

America first. If we don't have money for education we don't have money for anyone else either.

Where don't we have the money for education? I can think of two states, Illinois and Kansas. In Kansas it's because they removed all their tax revenue and in Illinois it's because they mismanaged everything. Every other state is managing to fund education. If you're referring to college education, there's plenty of money for that too but a large contingent of the population believes an education only has value if you go into extreme debt to get it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
And plenty of tax reductions and welfare for corporations. And the Military. And Banks. And Congress Healthcare and paychecks.
edit on 23/6/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Someone...someone post a picture of that crazy aliens guy with the stupid hair with the caption:

"because...immigrants!"

And make this thread amazing.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Here you go.

Not sure how long it'll stick around as a working address, though.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: samerulesapply

Here you go.

Not sure how long it'll stick around as a working address, though.

Beautiful! I love you!

Thanks very much.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

False. The counties who have taken the majority of Syrian refugees are Middle Eastern countries.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

the US vets these people for well over two years in hopes of not letting the bad ones in.

Not anymore they don't....

The “vetting” process, already questioned by leaders in the country, has been fast-tracked from 18-24 months to just three months. The “refugee mill” can now go through thousands of applications every month.

Link

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

False. The counties who have taken the majority of Syrian refugees are Middle Eastern countries.

Only on a temporary basis. Then they move on the greener pastures in Europe and N. America.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Maybe... TPTB are trying to kill a democracy... Maybe not. I wonder if this is not just a way to re-supply the Baby Boomers in the job market. To intentially mis-quote a semi-famous politician.... "You hear that sucking noise? That is the sound of all the Baby Boomers and Silent Majority leaving the job market". (As they die off and or retire.)

We can't keep the salaries down as the numbers of vacancies go up, and the 20+ year stagnation of wages is about to get ripped a new a^*... and people smarter than I am know it. The middle class, left in market, is about to get a lot more prosperous.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Like the Black Death to Europe, the numbers that died, opened up the rising of the tide of prosperity... When it happened there was more land for the people that were left, and more food... thus the Renaissance.

Now, the American workforce in the 55-65 year old category, a group of highly paid manager level heavy people mind you, are primed to leave the workforce. A group who's number are so large as to equal everyone else not counted as a Boomer. This will cause a natural tide that would lift all boats, unless they can equalize the numbers... 1) Through Immigration. 2) Through local disruption causing mass migrations as refugees. 3) Through outsources to highly populated areas, NOT, in the Western Euro's, nor America....
edit on 23-6-2016 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join