It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange egg shape object falls from the sky...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: blase2312

Meteorite collectors can pay BIG BUCKS for samples.
You need to get it tested for Iridium (lots means meteor),
Cobalt (i.e. tends to means space junk steel)

This find MIGHT be worth as much a a few thousand dollars
if the metallic composition has certain characteristics!

GET IT CHECKED OUT

Try these guys:

www.aerolite.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: blase2312
Its possible that a bird dropped it f

Bird droppings. Rocks don't fly.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wow the Cosmos has given you an extraordinary gift!

Pretty lil thing and worth a bucket!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The sky is falling!

Roswell you say? Hum. Nah, won't connect the obvious dots (was going to say, "I won't go there" but I do want to go to Roswell! So as to not PO the sky gods, I will not commit it down as my sentiment).

S+F, especially since most have come to the conclusion that it probably is an iron-ish meteorite. Man, dude, if that thing hit you... well, there would be a story! You would be famous (15-ish minutes) and still be a God here on ATS! Heck, your karma score is gonna be through the roof!

Praise Universe for the various signs for she does love us!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Stones don't just form as symmetrical ovals or spheres. It takes weathering/erosion or mechanical means. Either way, I know by your replies you are 100% in full knowledge of where this came from, and it wasn't from the sky. I am guessing it came out of your mineral collection. It is a nice stone though.

Yah, bits of broken up meteor cracked and fuzed by the heat of ablation during reentry don't appear weathered and smooth like that. It could be a meteorite that was tumbled naturally in a stream bed, the ferrous qualities and the greenish component could be olivine, a gem quality mineral sometimes occurring in meteorites.

olivine in meteorites

It all depends upon the altitude in which it exploded. Look up Poltusk Peas, a famous fall where the main bolide broke up so high in the atmosphere that it rained almost spheroid, fully glassed over "peas" over the countryside. These tiny individuals have what they call secondary ablation, as they were still at near cosmic velocity before they slowed down. The surface of these (in which I have samples) look very much like the OP's post. Again, I think it is most likely a meteorite, but the definitive tests as mentioned, need to be done, as well as a search of the area for more. When something as small as this falls, there are usually many more.

BTW: Why do so many mention radioactivity? There has NEVER been a meteorite that fell that was radioactive. In fact the only radioactive meteorites are the still unrecovered strewnfield of the Brahin pallasite, which are in the ground inside the cordoned off area of Chernoble....
edit on 23-6-2016 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Different appearance than what appears in the OP. A fusion crust is not that smooth on a recent fall. The pea in the OP pic appears eroded by terrestrial means.

imo

Edit:

Link
edit on 23-6-2016 by intrptr because: link

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Different appearance than what appears in the OP. A fusion crust is not that smooth on a recent fall. The pea in the OP pic appears eroded by terrestrial means.

imo

Edit:

Link

All I can say is that I have been collecting them for many years. I have samples from many recent falls, many collected within days, and the ablated surfaces are as different as the meteorites themselves. Achondrites, Carbonaceous Chondrites, Irons, Pallasites and regular run-of-the mill chondritic stones.... Some are blue-black, some are greenish, some are flat black, shiny and matte... again, the material and how it melts.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm super jealous and happy for you at the same time!

That is PRICELESS imo, shame on people for bringing up price within the first page or two of the thread. . Human conditioning.

A beautiful rock like that falling from the heavens right before you, well I'm not one to believe coincidences, but call it what you will!

Congratulations, seriously it's beautiful, precious and Priceless imho. I'd keep in the family!

Lucky you!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
I'm super jealous and happy for you at the same time!

That is PRICELESS imo, shame on people for bringing up price within the first page or two of the thread. . Human conditioning.

A beautiful rock like that falling from the heavens right before you, well I'm not one to believe coincidences, but call it what you will!

Congratulations, seriously it's beautiful, precious and Priceless imho. I'd keep in the family!

Lucky you!

I would certainly keep it as well, however meteorites are a commodity. They are bought and sold based upon type, weight, rarity and the conditions in which they fell. Being certified, they become part of the scientific knowledge, which is probably more important than anything else.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Space chickens exists and they want their turd back

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I remember reading a book a long time ago about aliens who dropped what looked like rocks all over but when a human picked it up it injected them with a alien parasite and took over the human race.

Just reminded me of that. Cool looking rock for sure.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Didn't Reddit already tell you (or the person who took the image) that it was poo from a plane or something?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Why would a meteorite be special if the entire solar system supposedly coalesced from one big cloud of elements? If some meteorites are composed of elements that can't be found on Earth, those really are special!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because they're rare silly goose.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Thats really cool, thanks for sharing, do you have pics from your collection I could look at? Have you sectioned any of them?

Were you hit by any of them? Theres only that one recorded incident… pretty special to be struck by space rock of any size. Exrtremely remote chance.

So far, one of a kind…

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Keep it warm and try to hath it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: blase2312
Just like others have said .. I'm jealous you found and saw this hit the ground in fact I hate you for being so lucky lol nice find and thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thats a frozen chunk of poopy

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
no Exif data?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Are they easily detected with a metal detector?

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join