It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEATH TO SPAMMERS! Here's a way to fight back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
www.monkeys.com...

"The idea behind Wpoison is really very simple. Junk e-mailers write programs to automatically scan thousands and thousands of web pages, looking for e-mail addresses which they then send unsolicited junk e-mail to, or which they sell to other spammers. By and large, these address harvesting web crawlers are about as intelligent as the spammers who use and/or develop them, which is to say not very. The majority of these programs can be easily fooled into accepting lots and lots of completely fake and useless e-mail addresses, so long as the bogus addresses in question appear to reside on ordinary nondescript web pages. That is where Wpoison comes in."

I'm going to experiment with this fun little piece of software and let you know how it goes. Just as a point of reference:

I've recently scanned the MailLog of my server (digitalf8.com) that hosts ATS and have discovered that about we get about 44,000 attempts by spammers on a daily basis... some gets through, some doesn't. But this equals about 60 kilobytes a minute of bogus crap that attempts to hit the server... I don't like that.

We're going to fight back.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Good luck with it, i HATE SPAMMERS!!!
Eat them all william!!!
Those assholes are selling also private info to companies, then u get strange e mails from places, shops companies that u never heard about, or u even get it in the post....

They should hang up those retards...

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I agree, C-A, and the hanging should be slow, not a swift drop and a break of the neck.

I'd especially love to do serious bodily harm verging on death to the pieces of work that generate those little grey popup ads like killmessage.com, or whatever it is. Hanging is too good for them!

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think a nice humorous payback would be to sentence convicted spammers to death and then claim that "the governor emailed us a commute of your death sentence but we can't find it among all the junk mail, sorry"

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Interesting, but doesn't that prgram increase the bandwith traffic of the ATS server, or any server where it is installed at?

I think I'll install that program too

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
anger, anger is the first thing that comes to mind with these ilk. Them and telemarketers, they're the spammers of the telephones

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Interesting, but doesn't that prgram increase the bandwith traffic of the ATS server, or any server where it is installed at?

I think I'll install that program too

It has a built-in 3 second pause to limit bandwidth sucking... however, I'm having some errors with the script... update coming soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hey William....got anything for those phone hugging freaks called 'telemarketers'?

Seriously getting on my nerves.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
can be that spammers and ats attackers are related?

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Grrr, i get about 30 spams a day

Would you like to enlarge your penis? NO
Hi, i'm 17 and home alone...wan... NO
Do you want to consolidate your.... NO
Hi there, we're with fox news channel.... NO NO NO
Someone has a crush on you... NO
etc etc

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
biggest joke are the ones that say RE
your email here) i'm like wow u'd hafta be dumb to bother opening a supposive reply to an email that u nvr sent

new topics

top topics

join