It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monitor a Group of People? Let’s Start with White Male Gun Owners

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
In these INSANE times twisted propaganda FLIES rampant. Facts are THROWN out the window and logic and common SENSE need not apply.

However this...

Within the last few months we’ve had leading Republican presidential candidates essentially call for the United States to start tracking and monitoring Muslim communities. Mind you, not “radical Muslims” – all Muslims. Donald Trump has even gone as far as to say that we should ban Muslims from entering the United States altogether.

...is beyond Ludacris...

I figure not ALL gun owners are BAD, so why are a FEW Muslims representative of the WHOLE?

In San Bernardino, two terrorists killed fourteen people before being killed themselves. That’s the shooting Republicans focus on relentlessly. Meanwhile, not even a week before that, a Christian terrorist (a white male) opened fire on a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. Not only did he kill three people, but one of his victims was a police officer. Then to top it all off, after being arrested he cited Republican anti-Planned Parenthood propaganda as part of his motivation for committing mass murder.

Though you’ll never see anyone from the GOP say much about that.

Selective hearing? Selective memory? Or perhaps it does NOT fit with the AGENDA? And WHAT agenda is that...?

Then let’s not forget about Charleston where one young white male slaughtered nine African-Americans while they were at church. While Republicans obviously condemned the shooting, they did absolutely nothing to address gun violence after the fact. Now think about if a Muslim had walked into a Baptist church and gunned down nine people. I’m absolutely sure the GOP response would have been much different.

Don't think for a SECOND that wouldn't be the CASE. The GOP/Republicans would have RABID and calling for BANS and BOMBINGS. Instead? SILENCE

Imagine what Republicans would being saying if large groups of Muslims bragged openly about their arsenal of weapons, while also professing their disdain for the United States government. To say nothing about the fact that most of these anti-government “militia” whack jobs aren’t exactly opposed to the idea of a potential violent uprising against the United States government.

And most them AREN'T an ethnic minority, either...

Instead...

Though the truth is, the vast majority of the mass shootings and anti-government rhetoric we see in this country comes from white males.

The unfortunate and SAD fact of the matter:

Does terrorism pose a threat to this country? Of course it does. But it’s pure hypocrisy the way in which Republicans react to these acts of violence. Whenever the shooter is Muslim, there are calls to ban Muslims, monitor mosques and pushes for countless other unconstitutional suggestions. Yet when one of the seemingly endless list of non-Muslim mass shootings occur, mostly carried out by white males, Republicans do absolutely nothing. In fact, they typically use these tragedies to push more pro-gun propaganda.

Perhaps a LOOK into the MIRROR is called for? Perhaps the emotional PROJECTION needs to be exposed? The denials and rhetoric dropped?

So my suggestion to Republicans is this: Count the number of mass shootings and lives taken at the hands of white, male gun owners and compare it to how many people have been killed by Muslims in the United States over the last decade. Then after you tally all those numbers and compare the two, then monitor the group that’s responsible for the greater loss of life.

Spoiler Alert: It's not going to be Muslims

Link

Mirrors can be HARD to look into. NO ONE wants to admit their OWN faults. Self-stylized "Red Dawn" heros and Mall Ninjas hoot and holler at the racial rallying cries. POINTING the finger and BLAME onto others.

We have MORE than 1 gun for EVERY person in the USA. In FACT there are 112 guns per 100 people. JUST HERE in the USA. SOURCE

SO HOW MANY GUNS DOES IT TAKE TO KEEP US SAFE?

*AND*

How does TARGETING a minority religious group make sense when THEY aren't the problem?

Keep ABSORBING it folks...:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Have to drink to that one. You did it..you cracked the flippin case...you just solved every single problem. Why aren;t you running for office, I'm sure you would get an overwhelming number of votes.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't CRAVE power.

HOWEVER....

We could use an injection of common sense, logic, facts, cold calculations and truth ...

...not hysterics and appeals to FEAR & NATIONALISM that allow demagogues who ENTRANCE the masses with hate-filled "us versus them" DIVISIVE propaganda.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
How about we don't target any race or religion. Savvy?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Good thread, I agree with the sentiment that the anti-Muslim rhetoric is hypocritical when you look at the number of massacres carried out by white males.

If we need to profile all Muslims because of the actions of a few we should do the same for white male gun owners.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Gee....

I wonder exactly how many accounts you have.

AD HOM attack? Attack ME instead of the ISSUE?

Quite frankly I am not SURPRISED. Typical AND expected.

In a land where FREEDOM is supposed to be for ALL ... we sure do a lousy job extending it to people we're TOLD to be afraid of.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So these stats only work when we use a firearm as the weapon used to kill.

I mean, I'm not saying it's creative use of statics to push an agenda, but it's creative use of statistics to push an agenda(as pretty much all are).

It creates a shaky platform to denounce others from.
edit on 22-6-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
OOOOOO

Yes please!

That way, us white FEMALE gun owners can take over the world!!!!

sheesh

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
How about we don't target any race or religion. Savvy?

That would be IDEAL...

But don't ask ME about it...Ask those right HERE in THIS place why they cannot accept such a SOLLUTION.

(post by Chickensalad removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Double, apologies.
edit on 22-6-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I agree with you that we need some unity on certain subjects, but look at everything.

No matter the perp, no matter the reason, Law abiding gun owners and our culture are blamed for everything.

It's bull. My guns have never killed anybody.

I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the 330 million guns in this country have never killed anybody. But a few guns in the hands of a few criminals have killed many people. Most in heavily regulated gun control areas.

link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

[snipped]:

PLEASE enlighten us on what your investigatory skills have UNCOVERED?

Otherwise?

You sir, are the obvious troll and trying to derail the discussion. The ISSUE is about the double-faced NATURE of the conservative propaganda MACHINE.

NOT ME.
edit on 6.22.2016 by Kandinsky because: snipped quote of removed post

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Pretty much! and add, always, people who don't look like the status quo.

No, they don't like mirrors. No self reflection required because they don't want to see the disillusioned, hypocrite who suffers from a terrible case of Cognitive Dissonance.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Hard to have a conversation with someone such as yourself that is so left leaning...judging by your posts you seem to have consumed all the dem tea that one could possibly drink...

Next time please include links to your quotes..they mean nothing without them..

In all fairness there have been some horrible gun attacks by white men...I'm perfectly content calling those acts like shooting up colleges and schools terrorists acts..problem is it's much more difficult figuring out who the lunatics area because they may not be as vocal...

Islamic terrorists on the other hand are usually more vocal to denounce values of the US including women's rights, homosexuality etc...

I'm all for banning anyone on medication or has used psychiatric medicine for depression or anger to essentially never be issued a gun...and that includes keeping them out of the military..

It really makes no difference if it's a Islamic terrorist, a white terrorist or a black terrorist..there is more that can be done but the government is steered by lobbyists...

Not sure if folks recall when Obama was first running...remember when he said he would get the lobbyists of the hill? Well he tried..there are fewer but in anybody remember Harry Reid? 4 of his sons and one son in law happen to be lobbyists...how do you fight this type of influence...

So bring up race versus race..it doesn't matter because they want us to be divided and this post proves it...
edit on 22-6-2016 by chrismarco because: Why not add some more...

Link to his 5 lobbyist sons
edit on 22-6-2016 by chrismarco because: keep adding stuff

edit on 22-6-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2016 by chrismarco because: I can't write a clear sentence

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

not like he was lying. We all know what your bosses are up to.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Shhhhh - we are not talking about the crime ridden Democrat controlled "gun free" utopias right now.

We are talking about crazy white people, so as to deflect from the fact that our ineffective President is allowing Muslim terrorists to kill Americans at will.

Also - blame guns!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think it would be nice to monitor our elected officials.
Why not start there?
Especially the ones telling us NOT to look at the Muslims when the shooter called the cops and told them that he was doing it for ISIS.

edit on b000000302016-06-22T14:04:36-05:0002America/ChicagoWed, 22 Jun 2016 14:04:36 -0500200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

BAM!

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join