It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems stage sit-in on House floor to push for gun vote

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You tell me. You seem to present yourself as a constitutional scholar.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
I guess they can do that if they want, but they look like idiots for it. The Democrats wanted a vote on the issue. They got it and they lost. They need to get off their butts, stop with the pandering and the clown show, and get back to work.

You're so right. And the Democrats have the NERVE to label Republicans as "obstructionists"? This sit-in is what you'd expect from hippies..or whatever they're called now.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't need a lesson on the Constitution or Bill of Rights especially not from you. It might be cool edgy to call things fascist but it doesn't actually make them fascist.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government

www.merriam-webster.com...

A democrat sit in until they get their way.

Even after a DEMOCRATIC VOTE.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Aren't you actually doing that by saying these congressmen can't protest on behalf of their citizens?

Thats what I don't get about you neo. You want freedom for yourself but not for others especially if they don't hold your view.

Again I think gun legislation is a smokescreen for covering up political failures.

But I don't think their right to protest should be taken away. Even if it's really not very thought out.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes, God forbid you actually listen to someone who knows what he's talking about...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Aren't you actually doing that by saying these congressmen can't protest on behalf of their citizens?

The citizens have spoken loud and clear.

Americans Have Bought Over 100 Million Guns During Obama's Presidency

Just exactly who are those SNIPS in congress 'representing' ?

Sure isn't the people at large.
edit on 22-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm so proud of them. I love John Lewis so much.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Yo the Kim Davis deal said government employees have NO constitutional RIGHTS when working.

Completely RELEVANT.

What does the Kim Davis issue have to do with being a traitor? That was what I was addressing.

Stay on point.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Again neo do you really understand how the gov was set up.

Do the reps in MA who ran on control platforms also represent Texas where they elected a guy who ran as a gun rights advocate.

You make pretty poor arguments here.

Yes neo the democratic congressmen and women most likely represent those views on gun control that their constituates have. Thats usually how they get elected at least by living about it

Weird I know. But not everybody is the same.
edit on 22-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: introvert

When their JOB includes the following oath:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

and they then use your *ahem* "freedom of speech" on the Senate floor to not only not defend the Constitution, but actually attack it, they have become the "domestic enemy" they swore to defend against and you're goddamned right they're traitors.

This is why America fought the Revolutionary war. The Tree of Liberty looks to be in sore need of fertilizing.

You gonna be the one to go to DC and hang em?

Are we being internet tough guys, or drama queens?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Y'all remember that time on August 1, 2008 when Republicans staged a sit-in?

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Democrats adjourned the House, turned off the lights and killed the microphones, but Republicans are still on the floor talking gas prices.

Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and other GOP leaders opposed the motion to adjourn the House, arguing that Pelosi's refusal to schedule a vote allowing offshore drilling is hurting the American economy. They have refused to leave the floor after the adjournment motion passed at 11:23 a.m., and they are busy bashing Pelosi and her fellow Democrats for leaving town for the August recess.

Funny how it's suddenly an issue when the other party is doing it.

Politico

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

What I said was in contrast to that meme. He made a comparison in which one could not be made.

Are you guys dense today?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I meant to say well regulated militia. Regardless, it doesn't matter whether I'm right or wrong about the framers intentions, it is what it is now and guns are too prolific in America to do anything meaningful about now. I just think it's ignorant to misuse words in order to circle-jerk.
edit on 6/22/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

It's not an issue and it shouldn't be. This is rediculous.

I am a supporter of gun rights but saying they can't protest is not only dangerous its hypocritical.

link   
a reply to: pirhanna

That's exactly what it is.

I'd never heard that particular phrase before, so I had to look it up...

Learn something new every day.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oh a sit-in. Flashing back to the 60s.....

Yeah...heaven forbid our representatives actually represent us and not the people who line many of their pockets and put some sane requirements and safeguards around owning weapons and keeping them out of the wrong hands.

Damn brown shirts!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Again neo do you really understand how the gov was set up.

Sure do.

The FF created a document that set in stone our INALIENABLE RIGHTS..

That piece of paper that limited the STATES POWER.

That no matter how the political winds blew.

A LINE was drawn that said that STATE SHALL NOT PASS.

Do you?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: butcherguy

I meant to say well regulated militia. Regardless, it doesn't matter whether I'm right or wrong about the framers intentions, it is what it is now and guns are too prolific in America to do anything meaningful about now. I just think it's ignorant to misuse words in order to circle-jerk.

Well if the guns and the regulations about having a weapon and so much ammo and a go bag were intended at the time for militias when a standing national army didn't exist, that gets into a whole deal about the Militia Act and how it changed through the years. I've been trying to unwind that in my spare time for a while now. I don't make a lot of progress most of the time as there are so many opinions out there it's hard to tell those from fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Y'all remember that time on August 1, 2008 when Republicans staged a sit-in?

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Democrats adjourned the House, turned off the lights and killed the microphones, but Republicans are still on the floor talking gas prices.

Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and other GOP leaders opposed the motion to adjourn the House, arguing that Pelosi's refusal to schedule a vote allowing offshore drilling is hurting the American economy. They have refused to leave the floor after the adjournment motion passed at 11:23 a.m., and they are busy bashing Pelosi and her fellow Democrats for leaving town for the August recess.

Funny how it's suddenly an issue when the other party is doing it.

Politico

Was that before or after voting 4 times on Monday to INFRINGE constitutional RIGHTS. That ALL FAILED ?

So offshore drilling=STATE totalitarianism!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join