It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems stage sit-in on House floor to push for gun vote

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There is no comparison between a musket and an assault rifle.

Now whose living in the land of ABSURDITY?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Those idiots were not "demonstrating" for gun control. They were doing it for:

Instead of following the established rules of the House, Ryan said, the Democrats are “trying to get on TV” and to fundraise. “They are sending out fundraising solicitations like this one,” Ryan said, holding up a solicitation from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “If this isn’t a political stunt, then why are they trying to raise money off this, off of a tragedy?” Ryan said.

Link

At least they ordered some Chik-Fil_A

edit on 23-6-2016 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If they are innocent they won't have any problems.

Nice the Patriot Act excuse.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Tell me MORE how gun control hasn't been the democrats AGENDA since FDR ?

Oh...History now?

Cuz I remember a time when the NRA and Reagan were for gun control and actually supported gun control legislation?

Of course that was prompted by the revelation that Black people could carry guns...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If they are innocent they won't have any problems.

Nice the Patriot Act excuse.

That you've used on multiple occasions.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I am so glad you brought that up.

Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks

The Racist Roots of Gun Control

The historical record provides compelling evidence that racism underlies gun control laws -- and not in any subtle way. Throughout much of American history, gun control was openly stated as a method for keeping blacks and Hispanics "in their place," and to quiet the racial fears of whites. This paper is intended to provide a brief summary of this unholy alliance of gun control and racism, and to suggest that gun control laws should be regarded as "suspect ideas," analogous to the "suspect classifications" theory of discrimination already part of the American legal system.

My how times NEVER change.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom

Those idiots were not "demonstrating" for gun control. They were doing it for:

Instead of following the established rules of the House, Ryan said, the Democrats are “trying to get on TV” and to fundraise. “They are sending out fundraising solicitations like this one,” Ryan said, holding up a solicitation from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “If this isn’t a political stunt, then why are they trying to raise money off this, off of a tragedy?” Ryan said.

Link

Yeah, I hate people who pull publicity stunts during election seasons ... don't you?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You, if you're really going to try to argue that there's no difference between a musket and an assault rifle.

But, let's pile up the absurdity here. Go ahead. Demonstrate.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I do agree. What is your point? You have evidence of me supporting something otherwise?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I do agree. What is your point? You have evidence of me supporting something otherwise?

Do you see anything in common between the photo you posted and the one I did?

And, I asked a question. You've answered.

Political pandering can be disgusting. Being a hypocrite about it is worse.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Not being a hypocrite, all political pandering should be done away with. They were elected to do their jobs. Congress does NOTHING. I only pointed out they were doing this as a fund raising stunt, in response to the thread topic. Not any heartfelt emotional non-sense. They want to pad their pockets using this tragedy as their "cause."

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

So ... you just proved the point that Reagan and his Republican party were historically racist?

Not really an unknown fact, but sure ...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Not being a hypocrite, all political pandering should be done away with. They were elected to do their jobs. Congress does NOTHING. I only pointed out they were doing this as a fund raising stunt, in response to the thread topic.

I don't disagree with you at all in general. But at least some members of Congress tried to do something for a change, even if it was silly and somewhat grandstanding.

I'm curious though ... why did you quote Speaker Ryan and post his picture? He's one of the worst hypocrites of all.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So ... you just proved the point that Reagan and his Republican party were historically racist

Thats clearly a reading and comprehension FAIL.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So ... you just proved the point that Reagan and his Republican party were historically racist

Thats clearly a reading and comprehension FAIL.

Riiight. Because you didn't think ahead to the obvious conclusion from your comments?

Reagan had a long history with gun control and racism. He also perfected the Southern Strategy. You should be proud, rather than ashamed, Neo ... the man fairly single-handedly created the modern Republican party.

We all have flaws, right?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You, if you're really going to try to argue that there's no difference between a musket and an assault rifle.

Correcting for the time difference there isn't. Muskets were the main weapon of the day and very popular for use in civilian life as in the military.

Rifles were a weapon for frontiersman and useful only for scouts and snipers and against Indians or for hunting. They had lots of range but were limited use for anything else because they lacked the utility for all-around use the musket had.

And that's what we see in the AR and similar today - they are good utility use having a range of uses from hunting to defense to target shooting.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Correcting for the time difference there isn't. Muskets were the main weapon of the day and very popular for use in civilian life as in the military.

Rifles were a weapon for frontiersman and useful only for scouts and snipers and against Indians or for hunting. They had lots of range but were limited use for anything else because they lacked the utility for all-around use the musket had.

And that's what we see in the AR and similar today - they are good utility use having a range of uses from hunting to defense to target shooting.

Guns are used for similar purposes in 1789 and 2016. Common uses and relative power are not the same thing. You know that, I know that.

I'm not going to argue that there are obvious differences between the dps of a musket and an assault rifle, Kets. It's absurd.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Right because someone CLEARLY didn't even read the sourced material.

The KKK began as a gun-control organization. Before the Civil War, blacks were never allowed to own guns. During the Civil War, blacks kept guns for the first time – either they served in the Union army and they were allowed to keep their guns, or they buy guns on the open market where for the first time there’s hundreds of thousands of guns flooding the marketplace after the war ends. So they arm up because they know who they’re dealing with in the South. White racists do things like pass laws to disarm them, but that’s not really going to work. So they form these racist posses all over the South to go out at night in large groups to terrorize blacks and take those guns away. If blacks were disarmed, they couldn’t fight back.

The DEMOCRATS created the KKK, and the Copperheads. That fought the REPUBLICANS tooth and nail.

Remeber those guys ?

That started a civil WAR ?

The fact that it has now been adopted by Leftists is very revealing indeed.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed not to control guns but to control blacks, and inasmuch as a majority of Congress did not want to do the former but were ashamed to show that their goal was the latter, the result was that they did neither. Indeed, this law, the first gun-control law passed by Congress in thirty years, was one of the grand jokes of our time.

the National Firearms Act,Gun Control Act,Assault weapons ban,Brady Handgun Prevention Act,Feinsteins Assualt weapons ban,Operation choke point, and over 100 failed attempts by the DEMOCRATS.

Their RACISM is endless.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It was in the article that covered the true purpose of the "Grandstanding"

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Your "sources" are the usual right-fringe claptrap Neo ... I confess, I didn't scrupulously study every word.

Here's an easy solution:

How many of the original Confederate States of America are Blue?

Is the answer routinely "none but Florida"? So, 10/11 Confederate States are now majority Republican?

There you go. Mr. Reagan and Mr. Atwater did a fine job.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join