It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost in all the equality for gay people is this notion...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Lost in all the equality for gay people is this notion that they are entitled to all equality. Do gay people really have the right to impose their views on children? You want to be gay. no problem, but what makes you think you are qualified to raise children? Are we seriously going to not agree that environment in early childhood plays a role in future behavior?

Dysfunctional families are a part of society. Isn't hard enough to raise children without subjecting them to a complete dysfunctional situation involving parents with the same gender? How about when that child decides to have a relationship with the opposite sex? Are you going to tell me that the opinion of gay parents is not going to cause problems?

I do not care if someone wants to be gay, I do not care if they want to be treated equal, what I do care about is how children are being forced to deal with it without having any say in the matter. This is not a religious issue to me, I do not care about religion, this has nothing to do with Adam and Eve.

The fact remains that in order for there to be a child born it requires sperm and an egg. You can not get both from the same gender for a reason. Men do not produce eggs and women do not produce sperm.

This is a very testy subject for many and most of it revolves around religion, so remove religion from the equation, for me it is about providing a normal atmosphere for a child to grow up in, having 2 daddies or 2 mommies is not normal and never will be.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: INEVERQUIT

Considering the number of dysfunctional heterosexual couples in the world to day I don't think it is necessarily worse that their parents would be gay. As long as a child receives the love and support they need they will thrive.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Says who? You?

What are your expert credentials on deciding what is "normal"...

What about families that have one parent?
Should those children be fostered by a couple?

You're ludicrous and this Gay agenda BS is getting on my last nerve.
No one is forcing children into anything.

I'm more worried about parents that indoctrinate their children with religion and politics than I am Gays "forcing Gay" onto children...

At least the first 2 have been evident in society.
I've never heard of the latter being a problem.
edit on 22-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I dont agree with you but the point you make is a good one, its something I have asked myself a few times " can gay parents give there children the right not to be gay", hetro parents try to bring there children up as hetros so will gays bring there children up as gay?, and does it matter if the children are loved?. I dont have an answer to that

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Your definition of normal is a direct result of your experiences and the environment you grew up in, to deny someone their version of normal in inhumane.

Also gay parents aren't the ones who fail their children or worse abuse/abandon them and deny them a family. That would be the straight parents.

So the way i see it, gay people are serving society by picking up their slack.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

My parents didn't try to bring me up as Herero, Gay or Bi.

They let me be me.

Now I'm straight as an arrow.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
Parents always influnce there children.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
hetro parents try to bring there children up as hetros so will gays bring there children up as gay?, and does it matter if the children are loved?. I dont have an answer to that

I ask this as a parent with two grown children. How does one actively "try to bring their children up as heteros"? At no point did I play any role in whether my daughters were hetero or gay. That seems like a very weird thing to say. How do you do that?

I ask as one with two hetero daughters, but several family members who are gay and in long term relationships. Did their parents actively bring them up to be gay? Doubtful.

This sounds an awful lot like "if my kid is gay, I've failed in my parenting" more than anything else, and that's a ridiculous thought unless you are hardcore religious.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
While people like us appreciate your old fashioned values, you should get them on a narrower track. There is no "normal" household anymore, therefore, no "normal" atmosphere in which to raise children. There is only what used to be considered normal and how we relate that to the way things are now. Look at it this way: Two parents work, possibly split shifts and the child goes to school for 8 hours a day. The child also sleeps 8 hours a day. That's 16 hours with 8 left. In a perfect world, that child would be around one or both parents for the other eight. But some of the older kids work, the younger ones may have after-school activities. See where this is going?

I would be concerned less with what sexual orientation the parents are, and more concerned about the school they attend, the job they have and the friends they have, since they will more than likely spend more time around school officials, the sports officials working for the school and their friends, then they will with their own parents. This is the world in which our children are growing up in. One where they spend more time with influences other than their own parents.

I'm not a gay rights advocate, but they're not the issue here.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That's a lie.

Good day.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy
All parents influnce there children, it may be that parents dont notice it but it happens. The best any parent can do is give there children the tools to help build themselfs into semi independent people. If you think you have never influnced your children then you need to think a little. Also if you read my post you will see I said its a question i dont have an answer to.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

That's a lie.

Good day.

I would rather say its your POV and I respect your POV. To use the word "lie" is something im very careful off and not a word i just use.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Do gay people really have the right to impose their views on children?

Whats the difference between a gay person and a straight person?

What views do you have in mind, views on sexuality, views on Nibiru and chemtrails, what views?

You want to be gay. no problem, but what makes you think you are qualified to raise children?

Are you straight?

If that's a yes, lets assume you want or have kids, what makes you qualified to raise kids?

The fact remains that in order for there to be a child born it requires sperm and an egg. You can not get both from the same gender for a reason. Men do not produce eggs and women do not produce sperm.

and surprise surprise, gay men have actually had kids the old fashion way with out the use of modern sciences.

This is a very testy subject for many and most of it revolves around religion, so remove religion from the equation, for me it is about providing a normal atmosphere for a child to grow up in, having 2 daddies or 2 mommies is not normal and never will be.

Not normal? You said remove religion from the equation, its only not normal when religious beliefs and personal opinions are involved.

So how is it not normal?

edit on 22-6-2016 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

That's a lie.

Good day.

I would rather say its your POV and I respect your POV. To use the word "lie" is something im very careful off and not a word i just use.

Ok, I apologise.

It's definitely hyperbole.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Here is the problem in your logic, it's your complete ignorance in the LGBT community.

LGBT is not a cult or a religion or a secret society, there is no agenda to turn people gay. You are either gay or your not. If your not gay, the LGBT community doesn't give a hoot. All they want is to be happy and to be accepted without prosecution. If raising a kid that was left abandoned by your so called normal family makes them happy and that kid is straight, guess what, they get that and they will support that. They don't "impose" anything but a stable loving family environment.

Religious people on the other hand, they start the influence process at day one on their children. They have to brainwash, using scare tactics and false prophesies to push the agenda of their religion on them. Gays don't do this.

LGBT is not killing people who don't agree with them. Guess who is, religious nut jobs are. LGBT is not trying to convert other people to their, what you consider "perverse" ways. Guess who is, religious nut jobs.

I've NEVER had gay's banging at my door on Saturday's and leaving scary pamphlets on my door. I've never had a gay ask me where am i gonna go when i die if I don't accept gay into my heart. I've never had a gay condemn me for anything I have done in my life. I've never had a gay shun me for being straight.

People like you are the blight on this earth. Not them.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So you want to dictate how a parent raises their child?

0_o

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Just because we have gravitated to the society we have does not make it normal. What is normal? For the purposes of genetics and the furthering of a species, can 2 same gender people conceive a child in a normal sense? NO.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Wait....so you are promoting the notion of not allowing people, based on sexual preference, to keep their children or to raise children in general?

Hello, Eugenics....

YOu should just forcibly sterilize them. You know, reduce government bureaucracy.

edit on 6/22/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No. It's NOT a lie by a huge margin.

It is impossible for parents to be in a home with a child for even one month--much more so many years day in and day out--

WITHOUT influencing the children in that home.

Just never happens.

Now--how much influence and in what respects and degrees on what issues is another matter.

That depends tons on genetics, daily life happenings, parental personality factors in addition to the child's etc. etc. etc.

But to say that parents do not influence their children is horribly inaccurate--they DO--pro and con.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This is a sticky wicket issue I've pondered a lot.

My bias certainly is that children deserve a heterosexual couple of parents who do not divorce etc.

And, I'm aware of some evidently reasonably well done studies that document that a significantly higher percentage of boys from gay parents turn out gay than from heterosexual parents regardless of the wails to the contrary from the gay political establishment etc. etc. etc.

NEVERTHELESS,

I've seen far too much LOVELESS PARENTING from heterosexual couples.

And while I think that most gay relationships are far too unstable and temporary to parent well even a dog or a cat--some are different.

Watch 200 gay themed movies and then tell me otherwise, BTW.

imho, at this point, I think it is highly likely that

IF a gay couple are truly responsible, loving, stable, kind, etc. with decent parenting skills and strategies, I think it's highly likely their kids would come out BETTER than kids from a fractured, tortured, desperate, abusive home with heterosexuals--one or more of whom is alcoholic, workaholic, rageaholic, etc.

I just don't observe more than a tiny fraction of gay relationships like that.

Of course, I don't observe more than a tiny fraction of heterosexual parents like that, either.

Sigh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join