It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey! I was reading that!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Short rant.

Don't you hate it when you are in the middle of reading a thread whose subject matter you find interesting only to navigate away briefly to check something else and when you come back said thread has vanished into the æther?

Oh well... guess I'll go push a hoop down a dirt road with a stick.
edit on Cam10Wednesday1520160230Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:15:02 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I was reading a poem a long one last month, went and checked something else, the writer edited out the second part. I asked her why in a pm. She told me she might publish it in a book so she deleted it. I was like ok I am not thru reading your poem! Lol

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Nope.

Not when the thread violates our TCs or the member posting the thread is violating the TCs.

I don't find it annoying at all, but simply something that sometimes happens here on ATS.

I

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
LOL I must have been reading the same thread. I didn't understand a lot of it, but it was interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Use tabs!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
eriktheawful

I know you mods have a job to do.

I guess I didn't get to the point where the OP of the thread that sparked this rant violated T&C. I understand why the thread had to die. I just wish I could have finished it before it bit tge dust.

Nothing personal at all, sorry if you feel that way.

Just exercising my right to rant, dig?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I do find it annoying, but necessary.

The T&C violating threads do need to go, but they are also pretty damn interesting for the time they are up.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What I dislike even more is the way the jack-booted "mods" here seem to arbitrarily use their abilities to do so in an otherwise un-calculated matter. One might regard it as "whimsy".

Or one might also say nepotism. Or cronyism.
edit on 22-6-2016 by nullafides because: Now with added SQUIRRELS!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
chiefsmom

That's the one.

All I can do is sigh so...

*sigh*

Oh, and RANT!

I feel better already.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Kali74

I know...

I'm mostly on mobile and my jenky old phone has to reload the tab every time I come back to it. So *poof*!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I do understand that the MODs need to do this sometimes, but i do feel that some posts were within T&C but still removed. Its just life

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Metallicus

It is necessary... sometimes. But for the life of me I can't figure out what the OP of the thread I was reading did wrong... probably the CAPS LOCK?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Back when I first joined, there were plenty of staff actions that happened that made me scratch my head.

I saw members banned, some of the long term members, and for the life of me could not figure out what they'd done to get banned....and of course we can't talk about it (with good reason).

I'd see a thread disappear and also would think: WTF???

Then two years ago I got invited to be on staff, and now I see all the reasons for things that happen, and each time, there is a very good reason for it.

We don't share those reasons to you all out there because it's an issue between staff and the member. It's not really fair if we share that with the rest of you to the member it impacts the most.

There are many, many things that you all do not see or know about that goes on behind the curtain here. A thread might go away that seemed okay, but turns out the source link is one not allowed here on ATS, or the member was suppose to be Post Banned and not able to post threads, or they may have plagiarized the material and not given credit to the original author, or it was a subject we don't allow (no one died in that mass shooting)......

The reasons for a thread removal, post removal, are vast. I'm sorry we can't just come right out and say why, though many of you are smart enough to figure it out for yourselves, and in many cases: you guys alerted us to what was wrong!

There are so many things said here on ATS about how we work back here behind the curtain. I'd love to sweep the curtain aside for a moment and show how wrong some of your are. But we can't do that, and for good reason.

I do understand how frustrating it gets though. Like the briefcase on Pulp Fiction....what was in there???? I WANT TO KNOW!!! GRRRRRR!

Now...and this is IMPORTANT: if you think a thread or post is gone and is a mistake, you can always PM one of us, or post a Complaint and ask. I can't say you'll always get an answer, or an answer that you like, but you can do that.

Sometimes the system does glitch. Not always, but sometimes, and if it did, we need to know it did.
edit on 6/22/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
LOL I must have been reading the same thread. I didn't understand a lot of it, but it was interesting.

I think I also was reading the same post, wanted to read it a second time but it was gone. Perhaps we should have a graveyard for these posts where members can vote if they should be removed, or can be download before removial.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
nullafides

I sometimes think that is the case but I like to give the mods the benefit of the doubt.

Sometimes it seems like simply posting anything with the word GANGSTALKING will attract the wrath of a number of mods. Not saying that's what happened here but... who knows?

Just wish I could have finished reading it all.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

What I dislike even more is the way the jack-booted "mods" here seem to arbitrarily use their abilities to do so in an otherwise un-calculated matter. One might regard it as "whimsy".

Or one might also say nepotism. Or cronyism.

I have never seen what you are describing. If anything they let a lot of things go. I know I and many others have posted some T&C bending things here and there and more often than not the mods ere on the side of allowing free speech and allowing us to own our stupidity.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The way I see it, the mods seem to actively push their own personal agenda.

My time here has made me jaded.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Oh, really now?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

That's never happened to me.
Some get closed. Few are 404d but if so it tells you. So far none have simply disappeared.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
eriktheawful

Well, thanks for that brief glimpse behind the curtain. I get it (kind of) there are myriad reasons why threads must die and it just isn't logistically feasible to tell the membership at large what those reasons are. It just stinks when it happens.

By the way, in the briefcase, it was a Royale with cheese... or god. One of the greatest mysteries ever in cinema.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join