It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sends first fundraising email, vows to match donations.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Vector99

Still all goes right back into his pocket doesn't it? And his apartment? His own plane?

What other candidate claims their mortgage as a campaign expense?

So what you are saying is he should be spending his campaign dollars with someone else.

Well, let me ask you, if you provided bottled water for a penny a bottle, would you buy bottled water from someone that sells it for a nickel a bottle?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No, he's billing his campaign for his companies expenses.

He's not selling them 'at cost'. It's a purchase order. He's still making money, he's selling a product to his campaign and being paid.

Sorry but you just aren't seeing the reality there.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It's just dishonest to claim he's self funding that's all.

He's doing the same thing he's always done, using the laws to enrich himself at the expense of others. The amount of lies coupled with the amount of insane things he says about basically everything, should really show people what kind of scam artists he is.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It's just dishonest to claim he's self funding that's all.

He isn't claiming to fund his general election campaign. Yea sure he said that from the start that he was self-financed, and well yea so far he is for the most part. That is just common sense business. He has stated several times he can't fund himself in a general election bid, but honestly I don't think that really is true. The guy gets free media any time he speaks. He doesn't have to run commercials, he just has to speak somewhere and say something and it is on every news station in the nation. You cannot buy coverage like that no matter what the pool Hilldog manages to raise. If she want's to be on TV she has to PAY for it. If Trump wants to be on TV all he has to do is talk.

He's doing the same thing he's always done, using the laws to enrich himself at the expense of others. The amount of lies coupled with the amount of insane things he says about basically everything, should really show people what kind of scam artists he is.

I'll take Trump being a financial success through the system of corporate America over Hilldog who still works in that system trying to further herself.

Only one of them has taken donations from Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
He isn't claiming to fund his general election campaign.

But he didn't actually self-fund his primary campaign. He BORROWED a little money from himself and will pay it back TO HIMSELF with the money he raises... but he had lots of donations, yet continued to say he was self-funding.

Donald Trump's Campaign Financing Dodge

This problem is not hypocrisy but the specter of actual corruption—he has set up his campaign financing so that donations to his campaign go to him, personally. That’s much more serious.

Federal election law allows the candidate to spend as much of his personal money on his own campaign as he wants, the “millionaire’s exception.” However, Trump is not giving money to his campaign but lending it.

The Federal Election Commission’s report shows that in the most recent quarter, ending September 30, Trump raised $3.8 million, but spent only about $100,000 of his own money.

When the Trump Campaign pays for his airplane costs ($506,000 in the second quarter alone), Trump is, in effect, reimbursing himself for using his own plane. When someone gives money to the Trump Campaign, that money goes to the campaign bank account, where it rests a while, and then moves directly to Mr. Trump’s personal bank account or the bank account of one of his companies, to pay off some of the money that Trump lent to his own campaign.

Donald Trump is a businessman. He knows how to use the laws. He's said so himself.
edit on 6/22/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

This ridiculous notion that Trump gave his campaign a "loan" is completely unfounded. If it isn't show me the direct source that shows he LOANED himself money.

And no, spending his campaign money on his own businesses is NOT a loan. It is smart politics.

Let me explain. Federal election law allows the candidate to spend as much of his personal money on his own campaign as he wants

This I'm looking into, and if what other sources in this thread have pointed to, your whole article is bunk.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh, it's perfectly legal for a candidate to spend his own money on a campaign. But...

Trump Campaign Could Use New Donations to Pay Donald Trump $36M for Loan

The Trump campaign has not actually converted the loans into a contribution, according to the FEC. After this article was published Friday, aides told msnbc they expect to make that formal change "in the near future."

Legally, Trump has the option of recouping any or all of the money he spent on the primaries.

That is because Trump almost never directly donates funds to his campaign. He has only spent about $317,000 of his own money outright.

The rest of his personal spending is structured as a loan to the campaign
, which now owes Trump $35.9 million.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
20% of Trump's campaign spending goes to Trump Businesses, FEC Says

Furthermore, the filing suggests that Trump himself is drawing a salary from the campaign, which would be highly unusual.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Oh, it's perfectly legal for a candidate to spend his own money on a campaign. But...

Trump Campaign Could Use New Donations to Pay Donald Trump $36M for Loan

The Trump campaign has not actually converted the loans into a contribution, according to the FEC. After this article was published Friday, aides told msnbc they expect to make that formal change "in the near future."

Legally, Trump has the option of recouping any or all of the money he spent on the primaries.

That is because Trump almost never directly donates funds to his campaign. He has only spent about $317,000 of his own money outright.

The rest of his personal spending is structured as a loan to the campaign
, which now owes Trump $35.9 million.

the SOURCE in your nbc link goes here

Thanks for showing me concrete proof Trump has loaned his campaign money...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

What is wrong with that? Please do actually tell me.

Where should Trump have spent his campaign dollars better to get more for the money.

Should he play "fair" with Hilldog? Like I said before his money is worth 10x what hers is simply because he's Trump.

Like it or not it is what it is.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Trump bankrupts another entity he controls. What a surprise.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

Trump bankrupts another entity he controls. What a surprise.

heh, if we were to use baseball stats, even if this one is a strike, he's still batting around .999

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I don't know why that link isn't working. I should have checked it. I went to the FEC site and searched for Trump. Result

Nothing is illegal about it, if that's what you mean. I'm just showing you that Trump is not "telling it like it is" about his alleged funding of his campaign... He's fooling the people. And that's OK and expected of today's politicians. Hillary's no better. I just think people should know that Trump is pulling the wool over their eyes and they are going to be paying for his primary campaign, whether they mean to or not.

The information is easy to find if one WANTS to find it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sorry. DP
edit on 6/22/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I don't know why that link isn't working. I should have checked it. I went to the FEC site and searched for Trump. Result

Nothing is illegal about it, if that's what you mean. I'm just showing you that Trump is not "telling it like it is" about his alleged funding of his campaign... He's fooling the people. And that's OK and expected of today's politicians. Hillary's no better. I just think people should know that Trump is pulling the wool over their eyes and they are going to be paying for his primary campaign, whether they mean to or not.

The information is easy to find if one WANTS to find it.

He us funding his campaign through private donations and his bank account. Bottom line is the big money donors are refusing to give to the Republicans. This sh I was major dysfunction in the party. Right now it may just be a way to protest and they'll start after the convention. If not Trump would have to spend a guge amount of money and sell a building or two.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ooo...I want to play in the pit. Yeah, he made a big deal outta saying it was his first email because that maybe fake/maybe not other one bugs him a lot.

From yesterday's thread on his crookedness...

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Contribute Here Even Though He Doesn't Want or Need Donor Money

Go for it.

Set up exactly like his page for those veterans donations he took then took his sweet old time distributing, if he did, as he made money for himself on that money. There's yet to be an accounting for that.

Con man. Scam artist. Always has been, always will be. That's my verdict.

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Another link...same server...different page..same MO.

Hilarious...

BEN CARSON: Trump has low cash on hand because supporters are 'confused' where to donate

Trump sends first fundraising email, vows to match donations Read more: www.politico.com...

"This is the first fundraising email I have ever sent on behalf of my campaign. That’s right. The FIRST ONE," Trump wrote in the email, with the last two words underlined.

Even though his first fundraising email comes more than a year after he launched his campaign, the presumptive Republican nominee vowed to "help make it the most successful introductory fundraising email in modern political history by personally matching every dollar that comes in WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS, up to $2 million!"

The latest batch of Federal Election Commission filings show a dismal state of affairs for Trump, who has just $1.3 million cash on hand compared to more than $42 million in Clinton's warchest. And while Trump has touted his skeleton staff as a model of efficiency, the latest documents show Clinton with nearly 10 times the number of employees on payroll.

Vows to match donations from the donations you send it! Hop to it, all you Trumpers!

edit on 6/22/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I gave 500 to Bernie I'm done this year. I guess I waisted 500.00 oh well.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Sorry

Can't wait until we get some campaign financing reform.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join