It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sends first fundraising email, vows to match donations.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, let's look at it. Trump is asking for money! He NEEDS money. Well, this and many other stories would make you believe that initially.

Donald Trump, who as a primary candidate prided himself on being a "self-funder," on Tuesday blasted out his first personal fundraising solicitation hours after his campaign's finance report showed him with a fraction of the cash on hand as Hillary Clinton.

OMG right! Don only has 1.3M on hand? That proves he isn't a billionaire. I mean c'mon now, it says he only has 1.3M! There could be no spin at all on this one right?

Oh, but wait, there is.

"This is the first fundraising email I have ever sent on behalf of my campaign. That’s right. The FIRST ONE," Trump wrote in the email, with the last two words underlined.

So we now have Trump, who still leads Hilldog in national polls, with a lot less in campaign funds finally asking for some money, and with an incentive. 2 million dollars in 2 days is a lot of money. With his matching contribution it will put his general election fund at a bit over $5 million dollars. Hillary currently has $42+ million and yet seems to be barely keeping par with him. With all that money, why doesn't Hilldog just dominate every poll?

The reason is simple in my opinion, people want to see a difference in politics in America.

Is Donald Trump REALLY the guy we want to spearhead that FU establishment government move? Well no, but he's the only one left in this cycle. Bernie tried, but he wasn't good enough to beat out the DNC. He's still trying though, so I guess props to Bernie.

However, Donald is different. His party not only despises him, but has tried every option possible to derail him with complete and utter failure.

The joke of trump just got another thousand votes wasn't just a joke, it literally happened. Every single attack against the guy went in his favor. Every single individual that was stereotyped by Trump haters decided to get their ass up and vote. Not a single thing went the way the RNC had hoped for.

Hillary is not self-funding a dime, and she claims to have a 2 BILLION dollar campaign by the end with several of those donations apparently coming from FOREIGN interests. Trump up until the primaries were decided was for the most part self-funding.

Who do you think is going to be the president that owes someone somewhere something?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Sigh.

Trump is not 'self funding'. 1/5th of all the money spent on his campaign went directly to his businesses. The rest was LOANED from him to his campaign, which means he'll get all of that money back.

He's not spending a dime, only other people's money and paying himself with a interest free loan he provided from himself.

Considering he only has 1.3 Million in the bank, he actually has no choice BUT to self fund, since he can't seem to get anybody to give him money.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
He is having a speech today(soon actually) so we'll see. Just wanted to provide that tidbit. Wish I knew where to watch it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

1/5th of all the money spent on his campaign went directly to his businesses

source please

He's not spending a dime

He pledged to match up to 2 million dollars, not loaning, matching.

Considering he only has 1.3 Million in the bank

in his current campaign fund. hence the call to raise an estimated 4 million in 1-2 days.

since he can't seem to get anybody to give him money.

His primary campaigning WAS INDEED mostly self funding. He didn't refuse small donors though. Anyone with common sense regarding politics knew he wouldn't self-fund a general election.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Poor poor Hillary Clinton. Going to buy the presidency with money from big business, banks, and sprinkle a few foreign countries via sketchy donations to her "charity foundation". She's doing everything Democrats/Liberals supposedly hate. Being bought and sold for mega donations and buying her way into the Presidency. Of course it's only bad when it's something from the other side of the aisle though.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

source please

www.cnn.com...

Just google it, there are dozens.

He pledged to match up to 2 million dollars, not loaning, matching.

He can't LEGALLY DO THAT. It must be a LOAN. He will get it back.

in his current campaign fund. hence the call to raise an estimated 4 million in 1-2 days.

There are governors with larger campaign funds. Even if he did raise 4 million, he'd be 40 short of Hillary.

His primary campaigning WAS INDEED mostly self funding. He didn't refuse small donors though. Anyone with common sense regarding politics knew he wouldn't self-fund a general election.

It's not self funding. Why is this so hard to understand. It was a LOAN. He never EVER gave any money he doesn't intent to get back either via the campaign paying him back or by funneling it to his own businesses.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
1) Clinton leads Trump in every poll at the moment.here is a list of various polls from around the country that show that.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

2) He is billing his campaign for the money he used so he didn't even self fund. He's pocketing donations in front of everyone.

www.google.com...://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/trumps-self-funding-lie/482691/&ved=0ahUKEwjb n8XR8LvNAhVDzz4KHWDJDH8QFggkMAE&usg=AFQjCNFLPExcBQGtKZxZrzfaAChRovx8KQ

3. Foreign donations are not allowed in election campaigns.

www.fec.gov...

4) He is derailing his own campaign.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Right. No one wants to fund the titanic.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Ok you got me searching.

He can't LEGALLY DO THAT. It must be a LOAN. He will get it back.

Where does it legally say one cannot contribute to their own campaign other than a loan.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Then how come Clinton is being funded?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I saw it this morning. He billed for his use of his plane. He billed himself for his stay in Malagao resort in Florida. He even billed the campaign for the rent on his apartment at trump towers because he worked out of there.
He billed for food from trump cafe !

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

TBH I don't know where in the campaign finance laws that has those provisions, but it was brought to my attention several years ago. That may have changed mind you, I'm certainly willing to admit that.

But from what Trump has filed everything he's 'donated' is in the form of a loan.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Yeah he researched the whole speech from here and Alex Jones. It's laughable. But I know slurp slurp.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

And your point is?

Election funds HAVE to be spent on the election. Everything you mentioned is election related.

Oh wait, I get it. You think Trump should outsource his campaign.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

TBH I don't know where in the campaign finance laws that has those provisions, but it was brought to my attention several years ago. That may have changed mind you, I'm certainly willing to admit that.

But from what Trump has filed everything he's 'donated' is in the form of a loan.

~Tenth

That is probably for tax purposes I would assume.

Why would that be a slam on Trump by the way?

So he spent his own money on his own campaign that at the same time was able to provide all the campaigning necessities. Should he have spent the money somewhere else? Do you think his campaign dollars spent would have the same effect in another company providing whatever it may be?

IMO it's smart. Hilldog has 40+ million but has to pay RETAIL for her campaign expenses.

Trump buys it from himself wholsale so his 1.3 million really is worth about 10 million in comparison.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

As an individual he is subject to the same laws as any other citizen. So to any individual candidate (himself in this case) he can contribute $2700.00 per election. $5000.00 per year.
He can donate to the party. $10000. Per year. Or to a PAC $34000. Per year. And to national committees $100000..

That's all he can donate. This is to prevent rich folks from buying elections.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Guess everyone doesn't think like you huh? To the tune of $42,000000.00

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Sigh.

Trump is not 'self funding'. 1/5th of all the money spent on his campaign went directly to his businesses. The rest was LOANED from him to his campaign, which means he'll get all of that money back.

He's not spending a dime, only other people's money and paying himself with a interest free loan he provided from himself.

Considering he only has 1.3 Million in the bank, he actually has no choice BUT to self fund, since he can't seem to get anybody to give him money.

~Tenth

It doesn't work that way you obviously don't get business do you?? See if he needs something for his campaign and he has a company that produces that product he can sell it to himself at cost. You don't want to sink your business profits by having them provide it for free that effects there bottom line. However supplying something at cost doesn't hurt his company and gives him discounts he wouldn't receive otherwise. So no he's not making money on the deal he's simply able to do more with less money than say Hillary.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Still all goes right back into his pocket doesn't it? And his apartment? His own plane?

What other candidate claims their mortgage as a campaign expense?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Did you miss the individual 100k per account per year on the individual side? Oh and the unlimited funds from the NPC of the candidate?

I'm guessing you did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join