It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine Gov. LePage threatens to halt food stamp program

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I spend all mine on annies pizza rolls and apple juice for making cider and everything else comes from food banks.

I eat like a king to say the least. People gotta eat and all that jazz.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's pretty simple straight forward math...

Increase the price of junk food and decrease the price of healthy food.

When a box of Kraft Dinner is cheaper than a head of broccoli, what the hell do you think people on a tight budget are going to buy ?

And just what the hell kind of a world are we living in when a friggin tomato costs more than a small pizza ?!

Seriously ? A head of cauliflower should cost a hell of a lot less to get to the supermarkets than a manufactured can of ravioli does.... and yet it costs more ?!

It tells us everything we need to know about just how corrupt the system is when price controlled markets don't even give a flying fiddler's fart about the quality of the foods they're making affordable to the average Joe.

This all boils down to which products corporations can make a better bottom line with.

And instead of going after the fascist pig corporations, what do our governments do ?

Yeah that's right, they go after the consumer who has no control over any of it.

Which tells us everything we need to know about who's truly holding the government purse strings...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
It's pretty simple straight forward math...

Increase the price of junk food and decrease the price of healthy food.

When a box of Kraft Dinner is cheaper than a head of broccoli, what the hell do you think people on a tight budget are going to buy ?

And just what the hell kind of a world are we living in when a friggin tomato costs more than a small pizza ?!

Seriously ? A head of cauliflower should cost a hell of a lot less to get to the supermarkets than a manufactured can of ravioli does.... and yet it costs more ?!

It tells us everything we need to know about just how corrupt the system is when price controlled markets don't even give a flying fiddler's fart about the quality of the foods they're making affordable to the average Joe.

This all boils down to which products corporations can make a better bottom line with.

And instead of going after the fascist pig corporations, what do our governments do ?

Yeah that's right, they go after the consumer who has no control over any of it.

Which tells us everything we need to know about who's truly holding the government purse strings...

Exactly. It's bad enough due to not being able to afford good food people are starving and obese due to the garbage food that they have to eat. Now force them into food banks where supplied are already limited, which will eventually deplete the stock. Then what, a rise in crime?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Just an FYI...when he says "get rid of" he means state involvement in a federal program, if the feds WON'T ALLOW him to implement the feds OWN POLICIES, then he wants the state out altogether...let the feds come in and run their own program...that is the point behind this...he is trying to implement the 5 year rule, and getting recipients to at least put in 20 hrs. Of work or even volunteering, you know, being productive if possible...I live here in Maine...I get what he's attempting to do...

edit on 22-6-2016 by rockhndr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

Sure but it just created more beauracracy.

Now we have to monitor peoples work hours. Possibly train them, etc.

Why not give everybody a basic income and if you f up well that on you you were given a chance. Its been assumed if we eliminate all benefits and much of the irs with the sales taxes from more spending you could give 12k to adults. All of them

So some will be wanted in houses where people pool money together and some will start bussinesses with some padding, some will go to school and party, some will focus harder without working constantly etc.

Could even make it for 21 or even later instead of 18.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It is a thought...definitely something to look into further, wasn't there a country that recently discussed this?
edit on 06222016 by rockhndr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

The Swiss

They got pretty far considering it takes a while to discuss and debate how things work in reality

It was first discussed as a negative income tax by Milton and then Hayek a free market economist was more interested in basic income for many reasons.

One is injustice/reparations. If you were victim to such a thing you are getting money say to help with legal fees to prove innocence etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
He has a problem I call "Control Freak". He's got the power! He can control what you eat and drink!
Sicko. I hope they impeach him.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Looks like he eats just fine. Wonder how many company meals he gets.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre
We pay for them to destroy their own body

Then we pay doctors to fix them

Then we pay nurses to hold their hand while they slowly die on life support

I don't think he should cut the entire program off. That's a bit ridiculous. They can just disallow certain types of items to be purchased with food stamp cards.

Ugh. Absolutely VILE post.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: wantsome

These programs though, should have a definite time period.

Why? Because a hungry child will magically not be hungry anymore after 6 months? And the 900,000 veterans on food stamps will be visited by the rainbow-farting unicorn bearing food?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join