It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAs Secretary Says She Saw Him Take Meth (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The illegal use of methamphetamine has affected many, and the addiction does not discriminate. People from all walks of life are using the drug, and this particular incident with a prominent attorney reveals what many may not realize- just how far and wide this dangerous drug has extended it's grip.

www.chron.com
Within the last month, a prominent prosecutor in the Texas Panhandle injected himself with methamphetamine twice at an apartment and prepared to use the drug in his office, a secretary said in a court filing.

District Attorney Richard J. "Rick" Roach took the drug out of his desk at his Pampa office last week and was about to take it when she left the room, secretary Rebecca Bailey said in an affidavit that is part of a petition to remove Roach from office.

Gray County Attorney Joshua Seabourn filed the petition Wednesday, the same day Roach was charged on four federal counts that accuse him of possessing methamphetamine and coc aine, and the unlawful possession of a firearm by a drug addict.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This arrest is appalling. I wonder how many addicts this attorney helped put away, for committing the same crime he is accused of. If I had a lawyer retained, I would be looking hard at him/her, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey

www.chron.com
Within the last month, a prominent prosecutor in the Texas Panhandle injected himself with methamphetamine twice at an apartment and prepared to use the drug in his office, a secretary said in a court filing.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wonder how many addicts this attorney helped put away, for committing the same crime he is accused of.

Probably a lot - like at least twice as many as other lawyers in the Panhandle - and that apartment is probably spotless!

Bah - who cares? As long as he's doing his job well, who cares if he enjoys injecting battery acid and lighter fluid? It shouldn't be a crime to be stupid.

join